• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Why is BotW/TotK so boring to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LitKai

Tektite
Banned
Pronouns
Hmmm
I am looking for answers from people who also find it boring.

I've played 140 hours of BotW and it was my favorite game between 2017-2020 until I discovered Xenoblade. Now I find it boring and I wanted to know why.

For some reason TotK seems even more boring to me. I've already watched the full playthrough of the game and I almost fell asleep. I wanted to buy the game and play it but I remembered that it is boring. The final trailer is epic and sold me on the game but then the previews came out and it was still boring so in the end I decided not to buy it.

Some of the reasons why I think I find it boring:
  • It feels empty. Maybe it's because you don't have a companion or because there aren't many enemies or NPCs like in Xenoblade.
  • Silent protagonist.
  • Music.
  • Story.
  • Unlit shader.
  • Level of detail of the environments.
What else could it be?

To be clear, I don't hate the game and I want TotK to sell millions (so that Monolith Soft can have more budget).

...you watched a full playthrough already ofcourse you'd find it boring.

But I do get the silent protagonist being kinda boring really wished link spoke..

For me Zelda is fun cause I like the puzzles/dungeons/shrines I like that feeling of solving something

How much do you value stories and strong narratives in your video games?

Based on your post, it sounds like you prefer Xenoblade because of the characters and story.

I've already watched the full playthrough of the game and I almost fell asleep. I wanted to buy the game and play it but I remembered that it is boring. The final trailer is epic and sold me on the game but then the previews came out and it was still boring so in the end I decided not to buy it.
This somehow makes less sense than the Xenoblade 3 thread.

like you just listed why you find it boring, why do you need to make a post to find other people to justify your opinion?

If it was your favorite game from 2017-2020, it’s not boring, you just found something else and want to retroactively call BOTW boring to make what you like now seem better.

Basing your opinion on a game on a playthrough you watched (which, if you watched a full playthrough for 30-60 hours, I doubt it was that boring) isn’t the way to go for a game like this, which is more about your own experience and sense of discovery.

Assuming this isn’t cap, congratulations on ruining the experience for yourself if you ever do decide to actually play it.

For some reason TotK seems even more boring to me. I've already watched the full playthrough of the game and I almost fell asleep.

Rolex-Watch-Worn-by-Danny-DeVito-in-Ruthless-People-4.jpg

It honestly just feels like you value story and characters more than other aspects of games - and the Open World Zelda duology might not deliver in a way you find satisfying.

That being said, a game going from your favourite of all time to one you find boring is one hell of an about turn.

I love Xenoblade and BOTW so I'm not sure why loving one makes you hate the other. What makes it make even less sense is that, unless I'm mistaken, Monolith actually helped the Zelda team with designing the world.

I don't mean to be dismissive but it is wild to me that you thought this warranted its own thread, OP

I mean, all of those are valid reasons you might find the game boring. Why would we know more than you? Also, why do you care?

Though, honestly, I'm not sure watching a playthrough is the best way to experience the games? Like, neither of these games strike me as super interesting things to watch other people play (outside of specific moments or speedruns)

If I could judge if a game is boring or not by watching stream all games would be boring. Or at least all of them would help to sleep inducing.

We have plenty of existing Zelda threads, please use them. If everyone had a thread for their personal take on the game there wouldn’t be room for anything else on the front page. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom