• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Why is Australia's big herbivore so strange? - Moth Light Media

Hoppin' or walkin'?

• Hoppin'

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Walkin'

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kangaroo thread? Kangaroo thread.

Remember the movie that was (barely) about a rapping Kangaroo?
de8ff130f62f3a3e78d5caf3c4fc8e9df328bfb7ed09fb84e6438df16f53cd2f._RI_V_TTW_.jpg

How did this even happen?

How did this even happen?
It was filmed as an R-rated gangster flick that had a bad reception with test audiences - with a one-off gag about a kangaroo that they liked. Snow Dogs just came out so they edited it to be PG and created a kangaroo dream sequence in order to advertise it as a family film.

My wife and I took a trip to Australia in 2019 that was long-awaited and life-changing. One of the coolest things we got to do was visit several animal sanctuaries including the Bonorong preserve in Tasmania. We got to get up close with herds of friendly kangaroos here. The guide explained that when you scratch the kangaroos' scent gland on their chest, it has an oddly curry-esque scent. It really did. It was fascinating.

It was filmed as an R-rated gangster flick that had a bad reception with test audiences - with a one-off gag about a kangaroo that they liked. Snow Dogs just came out so they edited it to be PG and created a kangaroo dream sequence in order to advertise it as a family film.

I'm so mad. I wanted to see the movie because I thought it was a silly movie about a talking Kangaroo with this guy duo-comedy.

I never got a chance to watch it and when I found out from what people said what the ACTUAL movie was about, I was so let down. Reality is often crueler.

Back
Top Bottom