• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Whoa... it just dawned on me that a brand new Zelda game is coming out this week...

souio

Moblin
Pronouns
he/him
I mean, I knew its release date was May 12th, but I've seemed to forgotten: it's actually a huge gaming event when a new Zelda or Mario is released. And this week, we are getting just that! I think I was bottling it in, but as it approaches, the hype is bleeding out more and more

I've been thinking about it nonstop. I have not been bottling it in. I've been bottling it out

I've been thinking about it a lot. It's tough, especially knowing that I'm going to have to go to work on Friday, and then even when I get home I'm going to have to wait until after I put the kids to bed to play it at all.

It isn't like the old days where I would spend 8 hours playing through a game when it comes out...

I am excited to at least play it at release, though. By the time I got BOTW the Switch had been out for a year so it was easy to just turn to a guide and stuff - I'm going to try not to do it with this one.

I am a bit intimidated, though. If it's anything like what I think it is, I'm going to sink 100+ hours into this game, and that's going to take me...four months? More?

Guys do I need a copy of Breath of the Wild in order to play the expansion or is it a standalone release?

I think this is the hypest launch on the Switch for me so far.

It's also the first time I'm playing a game on day 1 since I can remember, because I rarely buy digital.

Ever since I woke up this morning, I've had this enormous amount of "this week" excess energy in my entire body.

I'm was running to the train, not because I was late, but because I had so much pent-up hype in my veins.

Ever since I woke up this morning, I've had this enormous amount of "this week" excess energy in my entire body.

I'm was running to the train, not because I was late, but because I had so much pent-up hype in my veins.
Better have been a Naruto run

I just had my hair cut and on my way there I saw a Zelda poster on a bus stop. I just stopped to stare at it for a while.

Ever since the gameā€™s icon appear on my home page, Iā€™ve been unable to get it out of my thoughts.

Yeah people. Savor the moment. The wait actually hasn't been agonizing for me. This short time for Zelda only appears twice per decade, and as you get older, have more stuff to do generally, it's really just a lovely feeling to have this on the horizon. I know other people play other "big" games like Zelda, but something about Nintendo and how they create games like Zelda just hits super different. It's a unique special feeling.

Yeah. But somehow my anticipation is limited. Theres too much going on around me. Maybe the joy will come by playing. I hope so

It honestly feels like it canā€™t be true. Like so much has happened between 2019 and now so it feels like a wait that will last forever
We should assume that we're all hallucinating until we're actually playing it. Just to be on the safe side.

I wasn't anticipating the game much, but in the last months the hype slowly started creeping up my leg and has now completely engulfed me. This week is going to be so looooooooooong!!!

I wasn't anticipating the game much, but in the last months the hype slowly started creeping up my leg and has now completely engulfed me. This week is going to be so looooooooooong!!!
Gross!

My work gives me every third Thursday off, so I took a vacation day on the 12th so I could have a 4 day weekend. Funny enough I put my vacation day in before the release date was even announced so it's probably the best coinkydink that's happened to me.

doctorwho-doctor.gif

My city's got one huge digital billboard in the middle of town. I just popped to the shops and saw the box art with "FOUR DAYS TO GO" emblazoned on the biggest screen in the city before me. Somehow an extra layer of hype I didn't know what possible unlocked in that moment. This could be huge.

Pre-order lock and loaded, I even pre ordered the guide and everything (although this releases in June i believe).

I hope that not being able to play BotW that much matters for this game.

Pre-order lock and loaded, I even pre ordered the guide and everything (although this releases in June i believe).

I hope that not being able to play BotW that much matters for this game.

You might consider watching Zeltik's new video. It's a really well done summary of BOTW to help people get caught up with the story.

I am not trusting this rumor until Nate says something about it. There's something fishy about this one, folks, so try not to get caught up in it.

I am finishing my thesis for my post grad. That is my mental roadblock for not falling into the hype. Already took Friday off from work, will deliver the thesis on Thursday. I am confident I will melt down as soon I send that.

I am finishing my thesis for my post grad. That is my mental roadblock for not falling into the hype. Already took Friday off from work, will deliver the thesis on Thursday. I am confident I will melt down as soon I send that.

Good luck! TOTK will be a nice reward.

Back
Top Bottom