• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Who else agrees with this tweet (Mario argument)

As a non-Mario player I would have guessed Mario 3 is the bread collection since I hear folks talk about the other games much more.

I haven't played most of these so I can't actually offer an opinion.

That's a wild take right there.

But I'd drop 64. It's a great game and I grew up with it, but early 3D games - regardless of how good they are - always end up having some clunkiness in them. The other three are buttery smooth experiences with wonderful design all around.

Still, the four should rank in any list of the best games of all time.

The sheer edge of that tweet actually cut me, and the hot take gave me burns. I am now entitled to financial compensation.

All four are legendary games.

You want a better "One has to go" ? Here's one by me :

There's a reason these four different games are here. Like a Link Between Games (couldn't add Crazy Frog Racer because this game still hurts my heart).

This isn't just bait, it's an obvious trap to get people to pick Odyssey, because people will think we're playing by Back to the Future rules and picking the older games removes all the others after it from existence.

But if said rules aren't in play... Mario 64 in the bin. Its only benefit is being the first 3D Mario game.

Every time a young person denigrates Mario 64 a day gets taken off my life.

I hope you know that, regardless of which of the four games you are choosing to throw under the bus, I am disappointed in you.

Mario is disappointed in you.

This works phenomenally well as a troll post because they picked four beloved games, like none of them even have a vocal minority outcry so I couldn't guess which one they're referring to even if I personally disagreed. Good job @NonTrotski

This works phenomenally well as a troll post because they picked four beloved games, like none of them even have a vocal minority outcry so I couldn't guess which one they're referring to even if I personally disagreed. Good job @NonTrotski
There's definitely some bizarre, minority vocal push back against Odyssey due to "too many moons makes them all not feel special". Vocal minority in the same way there has been pushback against BotW.

Back
Top Bottom