• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Retro Which Super Mario 64s have you paid for?

Which versions of Super Mario 64 have you paid for?

• Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)

Votes: 106 62.4%
  • Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo DS)

Votes: 114 67.1%
  • Super Mario 64 (Wii Virtual Console)

Votes: 69 40.6%
  • Super Mario 64 (Wii U Virtual Console)

Votes: 45 26.5%
  • Super Mario 64 DS (Wii U Virtual Console)

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Super Mario 64 / Super Mario 3D All-Stars (Nintendo Switch)

Votes: 142 83.5%
  • Super Mario 64 / Nintendo Switch Online (Nintendo Switch)

Votes: 95 55.9%

• Total voters
The original is older than me lol

Super Mario 64 sold 11.91M. Super Mario 64 DS sold 11.06M.
I am aware that his will be true for a few people here, but I'd have thought that with a Nintendo enthusiast forum such as this, that Nintendo's greatest achievementwas a must-buy for everyone here.

• Original N64; or rather, was a game my parents got for me when we got an N64 (which, at the time, was for my brother and Goldeneye).
  • Super Mario 64 DS. Was one of very few worthwhile DS games at launch.
  • Wii Virtual Console. My Wii got a disc drive error that made it impossible to play a lot of Wii games for a time, so went through VC games for a few short days (I wasn't able to send the Wii off to the post-office until the weekend).
  • NSO online. Less-so for SM64, as much for Banjo-Kazooie. I got a family plan with folks, so even if it ends up being a disaster port, whatevs, still ended up paying less for NSO this year than last.

I am aware that his will be true for a few people here, but I'd have thought that with a Nintendo enthusiast forum such as this, that Nintendo's greatest achievementwas a must-buy for everyone here.
It was.

On Wii VC.

Original because it looked amazing.

DS because I was blown away by the chance to play Mario 64 on a handheld, and also there wasn't much else on launch day that appealed, although I enjoyed Feel The Magic.

3D All Stars because I wanted Galaxy on a handheld.

Original DS and 3D All Stars here. Actually 100% 64 DS before actually playing the original.

When you've bought it for the 64th time Nintendo are going to send you a commemorative email saying to be grateful and to be excited for what lies in store for the next ram drop in the future.

SM64 N64 - I played this at my cousin's house
SM64 DS - I got this as a gift on Christmas 2004
SM64 Wii Virtual Console - Didn't get this until I used Club Nintendo points to get it for free in 2014 as Club Nintendo was going defunct.
Super Mario 3D All-Stars - I bought this.

Didn't buy either Wii U version or the Switch Online Add On subscription.

I was gifted both the N64 and DS versions since I was a kid back then.
I bought the Wii U VC version, 3D All Stars, and the NSO expansion pack.

Original Super Mario 64 on Nintendo 64 back in 1997, Super Mario 3D All-Stars, and the newest Nintendo 64 online service on Switch.

Back
Top Bottom