• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Which Pokémon, in your opinion, didn't need an evolution?

Mr Mime didn't need an evolution, pre-evolution or a regional form. It needed a trashcan.
acting-falling.gif

We were robbed of a sequel.

Not quite what the thread is asking for, but cross-gen evos tied to specific regional forms are dumb

Not that the Pokemon themselves are bad, but the concept is needlessly convoluted and complicates things for no reason.

Like, Alolan Exegutor is an alternate form, but instead of making Galarian Cofagrigus, we got Runegrigus, an entirely new Pokemon. Like why. Why not just pick a lane and stick to it.

Clodsire is a new Pokemon, but it specifically requires Paldean Wooper to be available to get it, meanwhile, Primape and Bisharp got completely normal evolutions in the same gen that aren't tied to regional forms, so presumably, Anihilape and Kingambit will be more readily available in the future, but not guys like Clodsire or Mr Rhyme. It's so stupid.

I thought Mr. Rime was pretty baller... until I learned the buttons on its coat are eyes.
I want to show a picture of Mr Rime to my child self and tell him "This is on the team of Ash Ketchum's final boss"
I would have SO many questions. And still do.

Samurott, the Gen 1 no evolutions -> 1 stage evolution (except scyther of course), Dragon Type exeggutor. Onyx.

(Scarlet and Violet DLC spoiler, if you're trying to go in blind)

Well uh, Duraludon I guess lol

Some of Game Freak's recent evolution choices have been wacky. Duraludon, Ursaring, Bisharp. I like them all, but certainly not ones I would've expected based on stats or designs

Back
Top Bottom