• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Which of these Nintendo Switch in-game captures is the most controversial in your opinion? (SPOILERS MARKED INSIDE)

Most Controversial In Your Opinion

• Pokemon Sword and Shield

• Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Bayonetta 3

• Mario Strikers Battle League

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not seeing the issue with Xenoblade and Bayonetta. Xenoblade 2 is a top five game ever for me and I knew the relationship between Rex and the blades were romantic. I like the idea they lived peacefully and had kids later on after the events of the game.

Mario Strikers is a non-troversy. There aren't that many people playing Mario Sports games for weak rosters or lack of content to be a huge deal overall

Now this moment on the other hand got people heated:
Mario-Kart-8-Deluxe-Booster-Course-Pass-Wave-6-Peachette.jpg
Might be out of the loop, but were people really mad about Peachette? I think she's just a cool character, my new MK8 main

Might be out of the loop, but were people really mad about Peachette? I think she's just a cool character, my new MK8 main
there were folks mad, yeah. People really wanted their random favorite instead

Plus, IMO there's an unfortunate bit of meninist vibes at times around Mario Kart 8 discussion in general which definitely didn't help any

what has been great tho is that Peachette is a popular pick now, so those folks specifically get to just stay mad about it forever

yeah its the xenoblade one

It may not have drummed up a lot of reactions like the others but it's the winner

the pokemon ones are accurate so ... no controversy there

Not seeing the issue with Xenoblade and Bayonetta. Xenoblade 2 is a top five game ever for me and I knew the relationship between Rex and the blades were romantic. I like the idea they lived peacefully and had kids later on after the events of the game.
It's basically just a litmus test of how you feel about polygamous relationships. Considering it's illegal in large parts of the world, it's not a surprise that a lot of people have a strong negative reaction to it.

Xenoblade for me, I don't hate poly I just hate their relationship and framing on various levels, and dislike the characters on top of that for the most part.

Feel like the Mario thing could just encapsulate the sport spin-offs as a whole at launch.

Pokemon SV had even more technical issues beyond the sub par visuals, which I feel were more controversial compared to the N64 trees.

The Bayonetta 3's story thing is kind of weird to me, I do think the pacing and execution of it is far from ideal, but the ending was something that was going to happen at some point, unless like, you skip every cutscene in the series idk. The game in general is very divisive tho so I'm not sure if that is even its biggest controversy.

the fact the Xenoblade 3 image inspired an actual (albeit somewhat fanmade, Nintendo didn’t license it. but it was made by a fairly well known gaming apparel company.) shirt is still one of the wildest things to ever happen.
F3LDz86aYAE9sSx.jpg:orig

the thread on it was just as chaotic as you’d expect.

Your criticism is on point, but please refrain from using boy’s club language (ie tiddy to refer to breasts). -xghost777, Tangerine Cookie, Dardan Sandiego
It's basically just a litmus test of how you feel about polygamous relationships. Considering it's illegal in large parts of the world, it's not a surprise that a lot of people have a strong negative reaction to it.

This is an incredibly disingenuous take about an RPG franchise deciding to do a harem ending where the male protagonist impregnates two of his massive tiddy slaves and a catgirl.

15 years old boy in a romantic relationship with hypersexualized women swords and then later doubling down with harem ending and people don‘t see why this might come across as controversial to many. Some reactions in this thread give me weird vibes. Can‘t people just like Xenoblade 2 while accepting that there are certain obvious problems with the characterisation?

Anyone saying the xenoblade one is the most controversial has never watched anything on TLC and it shows.
Literally just middle America.

The Xenoblade 3 one is kinda sus, but tbh it's not really all that controversial outside of a few loud nerds who over seven years have not gotten over every possible chance to hate on that game as much as they can, so I don't think it belongs here.

I am not invested enough in Bayo to care about that, and I have barely played or engaged with Strikers, so that's out too.

This leaves the two Pokemon ones, and the Scarlet and Violet one is so bad, it makes the Sword and Shield one look good, and that I think is the biggest indictment possible.

Hope you play Bayonetta 2 and Origins at least. Both lovely.

Hope you play Bayonetta 2 and Origins at least. Both lovely.
I’ve played 2! I’ll get around to Origins at some point, the last year or so have just had far too many games lol. Hopefully by then I can pick it up cheaper and/or have enough gold coins to subsidize the purchase a bit

To be honest, anything that annoys Xenoblade 2 haters is fine in my book. XENOBLADE 2 FOREVER BETTER GAME THAN XENOBLADE 3 BELIEVE IT OR NOT REX ISN"T AT HOME PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE
I was listening to the latest GVGCast today and hearing that both Derrick and Steve prefer Xenoblade 2 to 3 just reaffirmed why I like them.

And thank you for the mental image of Rex eating popcorn on the couch listening to this

I was listening to the latest GVGCast today and hearing that both Derrick and Steve prefer Xenoblade 2 to 3 just reaffirmed why I like them.

And thank you for the mental image of Rex eating popcorn on the couch listening to this

Good for them. I respect them more. As time goes by, more will realize that Xenoblade 2 is the best.

Back
Top Bottom