• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Which of the 20 best-selling first party Nintendo Switch games do you own?

Please select every game you own

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Votes: 340 88.1%
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Votes: 280 72.5%
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Votes: 332 86.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Votes: 358 92.7%
  • Super Mario Odyssey

Votes: 359 93.0%
  • Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

Votes: 233 60.4%
  • Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet

Votes: 204 52.8%
  • Super Mario Party

Votes: 149 38.6%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Votes: 354 91.7%
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Votes: 159 41.2%
  • Ring Fit Adventure

Votes: 215 55.7%
  • Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

Votes: 186 48.2%
  • Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl

Votes: 150 38.9%
  • Pokémon Legends: Arceus

Votes: 242 62.7%
  • Luigi's Mansion 3

Votes: 270 69.9%
  • Splatoon 2

Votes: 249 64.5%
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Votes: 250 64.8%
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder

Votes: 316 81.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 129 33.4%
  • Mario Party Superstars

Votes: 154 39.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
14 out of 20.

I used to own 3D World and Mario U on the Wii U. Traded in Splatoon 2 when 3 came out. And just sold Shining Pearl because I didn't like it. So I've bought 18 out of 20.

The Mario Party games are the ones I'm missing too, seems to be a common pattern

4/20.
The only ones I have are MK8, Mario Wonder and BotW/TotK. I just don’t play a lot of first party games outside of Zelda and Fire Emblem.

I only bought a Switch for Madden football...
wait... FUCK!

No, actually 16/20. Everything but the Pokemon games after Let's fucking Go, Eevee!

I will preface this by saying I mainly do play Nintendo first-party content so it wasn't as surprising to me as maybe it should have been but...

I went 20/20 on this list. Depending on how far the list goes until we hit third-party titles, I might even have more HAHA! When it comes to buying games from a Nintendo Direct, for example, I usually will prioritize the first-party content/announcements first when it comes to pre-orders or shadowdrops in general so it makes sense to me haha! It's usually the same even when it comes to buying games in general, I usually will choose a first-party title to buy over another game on another platform for example, just because I feel like I'll probably get the chance to play it more on the Nintendo Switch! :)

14/20, which actually surprised me a little; though I miss-clicked on the poll and didn't check Pokemon Legends.

The six I don't have are Switch Sports, Super Mario Party, NSMBU DX, Scarlet/Violet, BD/SP, and Mario Party Superstars.

Holy hell, I own and have played almost every single one of them, 19/20. Only one missing from my collection is Nintendo Switch Sports. Now I'm almost tempted to buy it to fill out the collection...

Just 6. BotW, Odyssey, Wonder, Bowser's Fury, Smash, and Luigi.

Would be 7, but I never got my own copy of Tears of the Kingdom, just played on my brother's while he was on vacation.

18/20, only missing Super Mario Party and Pokémon: BDSP. Though technically Pokémon Sword and Let's Go Eevee belong to my girlfriend. My original copy of Let's Go Pikachu I sold a while ago and I initially started Shield on my brother's copy but gave that back. I also have yet to open NSMBUDX on Switch since I "had" to get it with store credit that was about to become void. Not sure I'd have picked it up otherwise.

I had them all at some point bar New Super Mario Bros. But I traded Splatoon 2 in voor Splat 3 and Mario Party for Mario Party.

I also got rid of Brilliand Diamond at some point.

11/20

No Pokemon games
No Mario Party games
No Ring Fit Adventure
No animal crossing

17/20 and it's actually 18 counting NSMBU + NSLU from Wii U.

No Animal Crossing / Super Mario Party for me.

I own 5:
Breath of the Wild
Tears of the Kingdom
Smash Bros Ultimate
Mario Odyssey
Splatoon 2

Funny how Mario Odyssey is the only Mario game I own from this list.
I'm still planning to get Mario Wonder though.
I also played most Pokémon games for a bit on my friend's Switch.

15/20, I technically own new super mario bros U + luigi on the wiiu so I guess it’s kind of 16?
I just don’t like mario party and I didn’t think switch sports and pokemon bdsp were worth my money.

17/20

Don’t have the Mario Party games or SwSh. I have sworn an oath to never buy or play SwSh because I think the giant Pokemon gimmick is stupid.

All of them except scarlet and violet. It's just strayed far too far from what I want out of Pokémon, and I gave them enough chances with both SwSh and Legends Arceus.

If they ever want to make a monster catching JRPG again, I'll give them a shot, but given how well their other endeavours have sold, that's not happening any time soo

15/20

Don't have:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Ring Fit Adventure
Splatoon 2
Nintendo Switch Sports
Mario Party Superstars

Is the online good?
I haven't had any issues with it for the most part but every now and then I get a really bad match in badminton or football. It's all very casual, short matches to get some points and unlock cosmetics that rotate in and out. Nothing super involved but it's where the meat of the game is. You could always wait for the basketball update that's supposed to come soon and decide then.

15 out of 20.

I'll pick up Super Mario Wonder some day.

Borrowed Pokemon Shield and Brilliant Diamond from the library, wasn't impressed with either. Played Switch Sports at a friend's apartment, fun but convinced me I didn't need to buy this game. Already played SM3DW on Wii U, couldn't justify the cost for Bowser's Fury.

NSMBU Deluxe was gifted to me but I wouldn't have bought it otherwise lol

Of the games I bought, I think the only ones I regret were Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Party

16/20. I don't have Super Mario Party, Sword/Shield, Scarlet/Violet, or Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl.

I actually forgot I had Legends Arceus because I only played a couple of hours of it but yeah it's sitting on my shelf, haha.

It probably says something about how I feel about Pokemon when the only Pokemon game on the list I actually got into was Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.

I don’t even need to look at the list - I can just say all of them. I own every first party release on the Switch, and in some cases, multiple copies due to my wife or son. And yes, I even own Game Builder Garage And Everybody’s 1-2 Switch.

I own all of them. I've beat all of them with an obvious ending point, except for ring fit. I posted it on that one. Still wish I didn't have to put the game card in each time

Back
Top Bottom