• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion which game in your opinion has the best pokemons 3D models pokken or new pokemon snap

which game in your opinion has the best pokemons 3D models pokken or new pokemon snap

• pokken

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • new pokemon snap

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters

Tall Valley Nerd

Piranha Plant
Pronouns
he/him
pokemon fans love to talk about how the spin off games since colosseum has had better 3d models for pokemon than the mainline games
and most of them agree that among these games both pokken and new pokemon snap models are the best
but because the two games have different arts styles i wanted to know what art style people preferred and which one you think is objectively better

It's a difficult question, because both are great, but...

IMO, Pokken has better 3D models, but New Snap has the better art style and main line games should look like that. However, I don't think Pokken models would fit in New Snap, so may be the context and the environment are important elements to judge 3D models, so in that case, New Snap models are better? even if they are worse??

Hahaha I'm sorry, I just like both and hate main line graphics.

So I never play the mainline pokemon games because I dont really care for rpgs but man do I love the Pokemon Spin off games. I actually never gotten to playing Pokken Tournament even though I just picked up the Wii U copy from a store for $5 (Wii U is in the closet cuz I dont have room atm to connect it but I will soon!) but New Pokemon Snap on Switch is just georgeous! Such a fun and relaxing time. I was so happy that they remade the n64 game I used to play that all the time when I was younger in the 90s/early 2000s.

As someone who loves the Creatures of Pokemon but doesent care for rpgs. I am so damn happy the Pokemon spin off games exist.

Also anyone remember that Pokemon Ranch game on wii? I used to love that lil wii ware game I would boot it up once a day to check on my pokemon lol

Pokken goes a little too realistic/detailed for my tastes; not nearly as severe as the Detective Pikachu movie, but kinda edging towards that end of the spectrum. For lack of a better term it sorta feels like they Brawlified the models, if that's a comparison that makes sense to anyone but me

New Pokemon Snap imo does a better job of making Pokemon that look how I think they should look. It's more like Smash 4 or Ultimate where characters mostly look like the best versions of themselves rather than "this will be graphics in 2013" versions

Honestly, in my opinion, neither. I think the best Pokémon models are instead from Sword/Shield, the last games that used cel shading to imitate the official artwork for the Pokémon, as they had been doing since X/Y. It’s disappointing that they’ve now abandoned that.

Also, Pokkén’s models work fine in the context of that game, I guess, but they very much differ in some significant ways from the official Pokémon designs, so I don’t care much for them in general.

Pokken between the two, but kind of an unfair comparison since it’s a smaller amount of models rendered to higher fidelity.

Honestly, in my opinion, neither. I think the best Pokémon models are instead from Sword/Shield, the last games that used cel shading to imitate the official artwork for the Pokémon, as they had been doing since X/Y. It’s disappointing that they’ve now abandoned that.

I looked up Machamp in all three games and you're right. Sword/Shield handles the four shoulders the best. New Snap and Pokken fail the comparison.

I looked up Machamp in all three games and you're right. Sword/Shield handles the four shoulders the best. New Snap and Pokken fail the comparison.
Yeah, Pokkén and New Snap (but especially Pokkén) have a very “unofficial” looking vibe to them, even ignoring the lack of cel shading, probably because they were made by Bandai Namco. Scarlet/Violet’s models, on the other hand, have that “official” feel, and I have no doubt that the actual models themselves are technical superior to those of Sword/Shield…but the lack of cel shading to match the official art makes them a downgrade to me regardless.

Definitely new Pokémon Snap. I never got Pokken because the Pokémon looked too weird and ugly. Best looking overall might be Pokémon battle revolution or scarlet/violet though.

Back
Top Bottom