• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Which Console Is The Best Dust Collector?

juuso

Koopa
Consoles collecting dust is a well known phenomenon. Which console has been the best at it for you, and when?

I recenly noticed that although I have been dusting the top of my PS5, using it horizontally leaves a lot of area underneath it that easily collects quite a bit of dust that's hidden from sight. So my vote would go for PS5.

It also has nothing interesting to play at the moment.

I mean I'll beat everyone to the punch and post the obvious one.

FL5q6f3XMAMNf5B

To me is my series X. I play all the thirds on PS5, so I don't have anything to play on the Xbox for the moment.

My PS3 always collected a lot of dust. Not because I didn't use it but it actually just attracts dust like crazy.
Oh, yeah. The Slim model was dust incarnate, and I played it to death.

The plastic ridges on the super slim PS3 are great dust traps, same with slanted fan grill on top of the original Xbox One. Xbox One also has a fan inside the power brick, so even that gets super dusty.

Since I beat Elden Ring on my Series X in march last year, I've played about 10 hours of Vampire Survivors on it.
So I have to give my personal dust collector award to my Series X

But to be fair, it's not really gather a lot of actual dust on it, for whatever reason so that's nice

It was the PS4 for me. That isn't to say I didn't play it a ton, because I did, but it collected so much dust that eventually the fans started sounding like jet engines.

Whole lot of "I didn't read the OP's post" going on in this thread.

And it'd the ps3, my lord that thing looked like it hadn't been dusted in months an hour after you dusted it.

I don't have a PS5 or a Series X, but my PS3 (Slim) has always gotten very dusty very easily. I'll dust it off and then the next day it'll have dust on it again. Wii U is also up there in this regard, but at least the dust comes off of that more easily.

My PS3 always collected a lot of dust. Not because I didn't use it but it actually just attracts dust like crazy.
This is the answer for me too. Only had one for six months now and I've had to clean it out with compressed air three times because it got so dusty. The Switch, Xbox and PS5 in the same area get nowhere near as dusty

My PS4 , but that's also because where I live is very close to a main avenue so there's more dust because of traffic. I started to put a cloth over it when I'm not using to reduce the ammount to clean

Probably PS5 for my active consoles. It’s so big it can’t fit under my TV. Feels like I’m wiping the top a lot.

Otherwise definitely my Xbox One once I moved it to another room and TV. It’s another more open set up and I just do not play it or check on it enough to keep it clean regularly.

My Switch dock collects a lot of dust because I mainly play handheld, docked for the first time in ages to play TOTK and there was dust bunnies in the dock!

Back
Top Bottom