• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Where is the footage of Switch Mortal Kombat 1?

Mr Swine

Like Like
Pronouns
He
The game is out in a few months and we still haven’t seen any footage of how the Switch version looks like it performs. Any reason why they are avoiding to show the game?

We rarely ever see Switch footage of such releases until the run up to release. It’s probably so the Switch version isn’t mistaken as the flagship/lead version of the game. For example, the AEW game only got shown a week or so before release and from unofficial sources.

With Mortal Kombat 11 they only showed Switch gameplay footage a couple of weeks before the release date. I was hoping they wouldn't do it again, but expect something similar here.

I mean you can just look at Mortal Kombat 11 and it'll probably look like something similar to that.

We rarely ever see Switch footage of such releases until the run up to release. It’s probably so the Switch version isn’t mistaken as the flagship/lead version of the game. For example, the AEW game only got shown a week or so before release and from unofficial sources.
The Switch version will look the worst so NetherRealm has no reason to prioritize that footage.
With Mortal Kombat 11 they only showed Switch gameplay footage a couple of weeks before the release date. I was hoping they wouldn't do it again, but expect something similar here.

Will that makes sense, still sucks that we have to wait so close to release to get a peek how the game will be

Normally the gameplays of switch multis that come out at the same time as other versions are usually seen when they show the games in a direct, when that version is taken as a demo to a physical/press event or a couple of weeks before the release.

As mentioned, there is no good reason for Netherrealm to make anyone think, the game looks shit, just because someone accidently opened a Switch trailer and is not capable to comprehense it is the Switch version and not his leet version for PS5. People are sheeps, marketing is wise not to release any material.

What I am actually more curious about is, if EA will inform us, if their Sports FC will be a really new game for Switch or just a somewhat legacy edition, which is just not that called, because Legacy of what and most likely they have to actually touch code this time.

Maybe at a convention like MK11.

Including only handheld footage and impressions. Possibly. Idk. Expect it took just like MK11!

Back
Top Bottom