• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion When the Switch 2 comes around, would you buy "The Legend of Zelda: Kingdom Collection"?

Irene

Soar long!
Pronouns
She/Her
  • Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom.
  • Remastered in 4K60 docked and 1080p60 handheld.
  • All DLC included for Breath of the Wild.
  • 4 new costume sets for Tears of the Kingdom.
  • "Hero Mode" for Tears of the Kingdom (Enemies hit harder and food heals half as much).

Physical edition comes with two cartridges in one slick steelbook.
Digital edition is two different download files.

$140. Not sold separately.

Worth it?

That'd be the only way to play them in 4K60?
I don't see anything else making it worth it if you already own both

Maybe for Xmas or something - I feel like it wouldn't be $140 though - but maybe $100 would make sense.
Depends how big the upgrade is I guess. I feel like 4K 30 with RT/1080 60 is more likely somehow

Prolly not. I don't usually buy remasters without a ton of new content, especially if the device is backwards compatible. Also I beat those games into the ground, I'm good for like a decade.

I came in to the thread ready to say it'd be a maybe at the RRP for a single game.

Lol nah definitely not at double that.

I simply do not have the time to replay two hundred+ hour epics right after I just played the second one. Maybe in a decade.

I feel like some kind of definitive editions are inevitable on Switch 2 given hardware generations are so long now, but darn I hope it doesn’t remotely shake out that way. Sorry :/

$140?

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

Only if there's a nice big chunk of TOTK DLC included.
I can probably resell my physical copy of BOTW and TOTK to offset the cost.

I guess I wouldn't.
If some assets are enhanced and the draw distance of smaller objects/enemies is increased then probably yes.

But I would wait. Not really motivated to replay both already.

Since I already have both BotW and TotK, this would not be worth it. The added content is simply not enough to warrant 140 bucks.

To be honest I hope they don't go down this route. Just update the games we already have for Switch 2, graphics and whatnot (I say this not knowing how difficulty that would be lol).

I know it's basically just the cost of the two games together, but I really don't feel like buying them both at full price again. Especially if the console is backwards compatible.

Last edited:
This does not sound like a very appealing package considering the alleged BC on Switch 2. As much as I've been asking for Hero/Master Mode for TotK, if this were the only way to experience it, I'd have to skip it.

I believe that on Switch 2 they will have some kind of Subscription Service where they offer enhancement to certain existing Switch Games. Like that Switch 2 offers more or less full Backwards Compatibility, but that you get 4K, 60fps and other smaller visual upgrades only through that service. But I guess we‘ll see.

If the Switch 2 is backwards compatible I wouldn’t. But a collection like that would be something I’d be interested in on a future system that no longer played Switch carts

No. At this point I may hop in one (or both) games if there is a "free" graphical upgrade (due to backwards compatibility). Otherwise I am done with the games for now and would probably wait till the next system or so.
140 bucks would feel like a very bad deal at this point.

I might re-purchase BOTW at some point in the future since I currently have to dust off my Wii U whenever I want to play it, but I can't see myself double-dipping on TOTK, which means your proposed double-pack is not for me, even if it wasn't $140 USD.

I'll always be a little sad that Tears didn't get Master Mode or some sort of DLC which features the notable NPC who didn't appear in the main game. But given I expect Switch 2 to be fully backwards compatible, this hypothetical package has very little appeal.

I'd be much more interested in Nintendo making the effort for people to have full access to all mainline Zelda games in the next generation. With the two new Switch titles, two re-releases, and existing NSO titles presumably being playable from day one, that leaves Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds and Triforce Heroes.

The two DS games can be added through an NSO app, while HD versions of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess already exist and could be ported (but please boost to 60fps). It becomes a little trickier after this, but I'd settle for Hagi port Four Swords Adventures, so long as the 2D elements scale up to HD nicely, and so long as they implement online and local wireless multiplayer. The 3DS pair of games become the last titles missing from current systems; Link Between Worlds could conceivably be remade or remastered someday, but it's difficult to see that happening with Triforce Heroes. Perhaps Nintendo can take the hit and double-pack them...

I want to make it clear that this thread is not a jab at “greedy Nintendo” or anything like that. Just wanted to propose a hypothetical scenario that’s different than the more common “are you interested in souped-up Zelda?”

Anyway, I’d probably bite on this. I’m not saying stuff like the aliasing and jagged shadows of TotK is a dealbreaker by any means, but emulation versions of both titles (and SSHD showcasing what 60FPS does to Zelda) is such an eye-opener in the way that it shows how the art direction can truly shine with the proper circumstances. Also, if we say that there’s other improvements as well (I’m hardly a tech savvy girl but improved SSAO and path tracing and whatever) that’s a done deal for me personally. Hero Mode would be cherry on top.

No lol, I wouldn't buy again two games I played recently just because 4k. I own the two games digital, it's not like I could sell them. I'd only pay for an upgrade if given the option.

Haven't been keeping up with Switch 2 talk at all, but is that what things are pointing to, being able to run BotW/TotK at 4k while being 60fps?

No. The standard for consumer friendly, smooth transition to a new generation has been set by free patches. I just won't be engaging with any "remasters of Nintendo Switch games" nonsense, not even DLC. The Nintendo that does that needs to shove it, this isn't the Wii U to Switch transition.

• "Hero Mode" for Tears of the Kingdom (Enemies hit harder and food heals half as much).
This is just not appealing especially considering the horrendous damage scaling in Totk anyway.

I'd just tell someone to find a yuzu patch tbh

I don't think "definitive editions" with DLC and the patch included on the Game Card are too far fetched an idea on Switch 2 for NEW customers, but unless the graphical enhancements are free to existing owners, Nintendo can go melt.

I'm used to the Xbox approach, and that isn't being spoilt, that's COMPETITION. Nintendo doesn't exist in a vacuum, they can't be the one charging 20 (OR 70) for updates to water shaders and resolution caps.

I don't think "definitive editions" with DLC and the patch included on the Game Card are too far fetched an idea on Switch 2 for NEW customers, but unless the graphical enhancements are free to existing owners, Nintendo can go melt.

I'm used to the Xbox approach, and that isn't being spoilt, that's COMPETITION. Nintendo doesn't exist in a vacuum, they can't be the one charging 20 (OR 70) for updates to water shaders and resolution caps.

They wouldn't be the only one charging for upgrades; Sony has made it their standard. Xbox did it because of hey we're desperate for any way to claw some audience/reduce the lose to Sony.

Neither Sony nor Nintendo have any serious desperate need to stem bleeding like Microsoft did. If Microsoft were actually making money in the industry like Nintendo/Sony were, they wouldn't have done it either.

These are businesses, not your friends, and they're only in it to empty your wallet in to their bank account. If they can't make money out of it, whether directly by charging or indirectly by hoping it retains some of the customer base you're otherwise doing a terrible job keeping, they won't care to produce the "updates to shaders and resolution". Why would they?

No. Already played them and they are too much of a time sink. I'd rather something new to play on my new device.

BotW is maybe my fovourite game ever, but I already double-dipped. If this is the only way to get the grraphical improvement then I'd consider it if the price was right. Like, a lot lower than $140, considering I like TotK a lot less. Still, I'd want a bit more, like fix master-mode so it's actually fun and give BotW a few new costumes as well. Some QoL improvements for both games would be welcome as well.

However, if they let me max out my hearts and stamina in both games (will never happen because it was clearly a deliberate choice) I'll buy it day one.

Regardless of what I say now, I know if I see that listed on a store page, it’s going in the cart.

I'd rather have a normal case. Maybe include a steelbook as a bonus addition, but not as a replacement.
Also include an artbook and OST and then maybe the asking price would be worth it.

$140 seems like a good way to not sell a single copy! Maybe that’s what they want! Then they have data to show nobody cares about frame rate!

Not for this price, no. With other platforms doing $10 upgrades (or free, even), i don't see the reason to repurchase games just for better quality. Especially considering we'll probably have backwards compatibility.

Oh yeah, for 60fps BotW and TotK I'd pay. Make a Xenoblade bundle while you're at it, too. And a Bayo 2 & 3 bundle! 4k/60 everything.

If that was announced, not only would I not buy it, it would set a precident how Nintendo handles updates and remasters in the future, instantly making me rethink how much I want to invest into the ecosystem. That sounds overly greedy. If you can buy them for 60$ each, I kiiinda get it, even if I would be disappointed if there is no 20$ update option (honestly, resolution bump and a hero mode are hardly 20$ in value...), but only in a 140$ bundle... No way. Am I made of money?

No. I already own them on Switch, not shelling out two times full price for them again. In fact, I would hope these games are available via back compat and at worst require a €10,- uptick for the next gen upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom