• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion What's Your Ideal Date?

Lozjam

Don't Forget Me
Pronouns
He/Him
So, you have a date with a significant other, or even someone you want to get to know as one. What do you end up doing, and what is your "perfect date"

For me, my wife and I have found a lot of joy cooking with each other. It tends to be really fun. We also love having a movie night, either at the theater or at home. We used to be really big into eating out, however, Covid put a kibosh on that. Even when its safe, the food a lot of times isn't good enough to justify the price.

We also had an in-home spa day as well, and that was really nice. So, I guess my perfect date would be: having a spa day, going to see a movie, make an awesome at home dinner, and then really just spend the rest of the night talking and being with each other's presence.

I was wondering what your ideal date was, especially since I am always on the lookout for date ideas.

In before:
39203068-misscongscene-jpg.jpg

:p

@Lozjam your date sounds amazing :)

For me, just having any time together alone with my wife would be the perfect date. Last time we had what you could call a date was when she was pregnant with our third daughter. We went out to a restaurant and I surprised her with a goldeb necklace.

Her parents live on the other side of the earth and my parents are often busy. So we don’t get much time for dates :)

The best date I've ever had was probably the time I took a daytrip to a beach about an hour away. We had engaging conversations the entire way there and back, and once we were there the weather and mood was incredible. We explored the tidepools, went in the water for a while, played in the sand, got to talk in an environment that felt freeing, and had an almost cliched kiss as the sun set. The ocean water was just the right temperature and it felt immensely refreshing to just spend a bit of time in it.

So, I'd say an ideal date would be a modified version of that. I'd change a few things:
-Both of us neglected to bring swimsuits and didn't go as far into the ocean as we'd like. I'd like to actually go swimming in the ocean for a bit with my partner.
-In terms of eating, we just had a McDonalds brunch before leaving and then we both got back to our respective parents' homes for dinner. Ideally we'd go to a somewhat nice Japanese restaurant for dinner or something.
-We'd be in a situation where we could go back home together and have passionate sex once that happens >_>

The best date I've ever had was probably the time I took a daytrip to a beach about an hour away. We had engaging conversations the entire way there and back, and once we were there the weather and mood was incredible. We explored the tidepools, went in the water for a while, played in the sand, got to talk in an environment that felt freeing, and had an almost cliched kiss as the sun set. The ocean water was just the right temperature and it felt immensely refreshing to just spend a bit of time in it.
Aaah, Jabberwock Island... Romance can blossom there. :p

You people go on dates?
Nope. I've never been on any sorta date whatsoever.

Well i had a few dates on the tropical island with my gf where she lives (ldr) so i would say that. Since the weather here where i live is not that good haha. Was amazing honestly. Think the spa date was best one since due to the pandemic we had it all to ourselves. Wich probably won't happen again or be replicated.

Me and my partner go on dates time to time, but I find it hard to enjoy when I'm uncomfortable. I don't do food dates, I don't know what to do with my hands or where to look. Do I just look down at the table? The people next to us? Do I look at him? I don't know, it's awkward. Doesn't help that I hate people and being in public settings. Poor dude, he does his best and I appreciate it.
I think the best date we went on would be to the movies. We didn't sit next to other people, we still mucked around quietly, the popcorn was good. I had a good time. The other date I loved would be when he took me to the ocean to watch the sunset, we sat on rocks and was looking at the ocean. We saw some sea lions and a pup, it was amazing.
But my ideal date would be stargazing. Somewhere isolated, clear night sky, no people around.

Back
Top Bottom