• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Whats your go to game when your ALMOST Too tired to Game

it’s Pokémon

look, the uncomplicated but still compelling turn-based combat is just what I need sometimes

someday my own game, maybe? if I’m not tired of it by then

it’s Pokémon

look, the uncomplicated but still compelling turn-based combat is just what I need sometimes

someday my own game, maybe? if I’m not tired of it by then
I can see that.
I've been trying to remember what that game was called for awhile. Thank you 🫡
Np the full title is thrillville off the rails incase that helps. IDK if there were any other thrillville games but that was the specific one I played

Guys, just please go to sleep. Sleeping is essential.

I do admit I might play once or twice in order to distract the mind as well, but it's usually if I'm feeling insomniac rather than too tired. I might play until drowsiness comes in and it's easier to sleep then. In that case, I'll get the 3DS and just play something simple to pass the time. Picross or a 2D platformer. I think 2D games like Sonic can really help you either feel sleepy when insomniac and feel awake when you're groggy. At least it's what I thought having played Sonic 2 8-bit a few days back.

So yeah, 2D games. They usually don't require much thinking and can make you feel very relaxed unless it's a really tough one. There's a somewhat bigger complexity when playing 3D games I find, but I can also understand how something like Zelda BotW (which is very easy to just play without thinking beforehand) or a laid-back racing game like Mario Kart can get people into this state of "no frills gaming".

Lately it’s been Vampire Survivors or Balatro. It used to be a Phoenix Wright game, or a JRPG, though - something slower-paced that I can just read and tap the Confirm button here and there.

Forza Horizon 5 usually.

There's definitely games I need to be wide awake for - Splatoon 3, NSMB U DX, Penny's Big Breakaway

Recently Animal Crossing. A Pheonix Wright or Layton game will usually knock me out quickly enough.

Back
Top Bottom