• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Whats your go to game when your ALMOST Too tired to Game

Bulborb

Octorok
Pronouns
he/him
Idk if this is even relatable but sometimes when I have a very bad day at work that exhausts me or just a tiring day in General when I get home im too exhausted to play a demanding game, So Sometimes I will Play some Kirby games because they are a bit on the easier side for me, and kind of shut my brain off partially and just relax and vibe with a less demanding game. (I know Kirby games do have challenging parts, im not saying kirby is not a challenge I know they can be. Especially The Crystal shards for n64.)

Or for multiplayer I will boot up TF2 and just play it with my friends while we shit talk eachother, Tf2 can be competitive I guess but usually how I play it, I never really take it seriously and just have fun.

Anyways just curious if anybody else does this type of thing when they are tired. If you do what game is your go to game for occasions like this? :)

Any musou works for me. Nothing more relaxing than being a god in the battlefield and kill 1000+ mooks in one big combo

Skate or Skate 2

I love 3 but I played so much of the first I wound up going out #24 overall ww for spot battles when they shut down their servers. I still freeskate almost weekly in one or the other though.

It's insane. I've actually fallen asleep playing at a friend's back in highschool where he woke me up and said I was sleeping and moving my thunbs around, still flatlanding. 360 hardflip out of a nose manual is ingrained in my muscle memory.

If I never hear Surrender again it'll be too soon.

I usually go with card or puzzle games, things I can start right away, simple physically but that'll keep my brain busy.
These days, it's a lot of time spent with the Zachtronics solitaires and Tetris 99 :)

Smash Ultimate. It's just easy to pick up when I'm tired and have no idea what else to play

Right now it's Balatro but I'm going back to no games in bed, so soon it will be nothing. With the exception of maybe ALTER EGO on my phone, an idle clicker game someone on here mentioned I believe. I play that one 5 minutes at the absolute most, basically just reading a couple of sentences and then putting the phone away.

Usually something in that Tetris-y "arranging falling items" family of games; it's been Suika Game in particular pretty much since it came out last year

Or Vampire Survivors if there's a new update/DLC that came out recently

This is a very relatable thing because I have a neurological condition that causes persistent fatigue. At the moment I don't have a go to game, but I'm waiting for Stardew 1.6 to hit Switch.

I'd be tempted by Endless Ocean Luminous if it were a little cheaper.

These days it's Splatoon 3 and Theatrhythm. I usually play Splatoon 3 once a day for the daily bonus, unless I get on a win streak or like the stage rollout in which cause I'd play a little longer. Similarly for Theatrhythm, playing tends to get me really relaxed so I tend to play it before bed for the daily bonus.

Right now Pokemon Scarlet and hopping around raids, but Tetris Effect, F-Zero 99, and Suika Game

I usually go with card or puzzle games, things I can start right away, simple physically but that'll keep my brain busy.
These days, it's a lot of time spent with the Zachtronics solitaires and Tetris 99 :)
Interesting I love Tetris 99 but man that game is what I would call intense for me xD

This is a very relatable thing because I have a neurological condition that causes persistent fatigue. At the moment I don't have a go to game, but I'm waiting for Stardew 1.6 to hit Switch.

I'd be tempted by Endless Ocean Luminous if it were a little cheaper.
Stardew Valley and Harvest Moon a wonderful life (Also the remake on the switch) are some of my favs I cant believe I didint mention those. Those fit so well I agree!

Scrolling fighters are this to me, anything like Streets of Rage or Final Fight. Just simple rhythm combos on a 2D plane.

That's actually my favorite childhood game! Doesn't exactly hold up nowadays though.
oh nice! do you remember the lil mini game that was bandito chinchilla? Idk remember much of it but I just remember I was addicted to it lol

Sometimes I'll load up Civilization VI and just either fall asleep during the load times or reroll starts and play a bit.

Outside of that, I'll do some Xenoblade 3 Challenge Mode.
So on civ im curious do you go for a culture victory? Or something else? Civ gets pretty stressful to me but I think its cuz near the end of it the world has sanctioned me and is mostly at war with me before I start invading all the countries and annexing all the territory I can lol.

I always want this to be Kirby for me too, because Forgotten Land absolutely hooked me partially because of what a delightful but breezy experience it was (at first), but I've never quite clicked with the side scrollers.

For me it's SMB1. I played it all the time as a kid, but I never beat it until adulthood, so it has this weird effect where it's easy (I have the first couple worlds mostly memorized, and I'm a much better player than YoungPuck was), but I still think of it as super challenging, so it's really satisfying to go back and feel like I'm busting through these roadblocks.

Interesting I love Tetris 99 but man that game is what I would call intense for me xD
I try not to focus on winning, just piling stuff up and making lines, it sort of calms my brain to see the pieces fit neatly and disappear xD
At that point, my fingers just act by themselves so my brain doesn't have to focus as much anymore :)

Galaga 88 is this for me. Got it on the Dig Dug 1UP cab and it is very zen. 👾

Honestly it's one of the 99 games at the moment, sometimes star fox 64. I also just log onto swtor from time to time and do some dailies if I feel like it. Something that I do so often, that it's almost muscle memory at this point.

My current go-to is Tears of the Kingdom. Just doing whatever I feel like doing. Working on an overcomplicated contraption, seeking out Koroks, mining for materials in the Depths, vacationing in a cozy seaside town, or living the hunter-gatherer life.

This might sound weird to people unfamiliar with the genre, but for me it's shmups. Specifically the bullet hell variety.

They are great for short play sessions, and while they might seem stressful to newcomers they are actually pretty relaxing in a flow-state kind of way once you're somewhat experienced with them.

Any fighting game difficulty set to easiest. This is my own "punch the pillow" psychiatric practice.

I play Starcraft 2 when I dont feel like playing a demanding game, or a game of Mario.

Starcraft 2 is something I have been playing on and off for years now and I know everything there is to it but it's such a fun time waster. The games are usually 5 to 15 minutes long. Sometimes they can take longer but I usually don't like to get to that point. I can't believe why they haven't done a 3 yet.

Tears of the Kingdom is just perfect for killing some hours before bed.

Just boot up, mess around with Ultrahand, explore the depths, skydive here and there. Comepletely low-stakes and 100% chill.

Sometimes I'll load up Civilization VI and just either fall asleep during the load times or reroll starts and play a bit.

Outside of that, I'll do some Xenoblade 3 Challenge Mode.

This is also my pick for a last thing at night game. At this point the controls are super ingrained so it can be played half asleep (and sometimes I'm convinced, fully asleep).

My go-to option is to suck at Splatoon until I recover enough brain capacity to be okay at Splatoon.

Back
Top Bottom