• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Retro What's your favorite Sega hardware?

What's your favorite Sega hardware?

• Arcade (System 1|2|16|24|C|32 - Model 1|2|3, Sega Titan, NAOMI 1&2, Chihiro, Lindbergh, RingEdge, ++

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • SG 1000 or Master System

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Mega Drive, Geneis, Mega CD, 32X, sega mega drive mini

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Sega Pico or Advanced Pico Beena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sega Saturn

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Sega Dreamcast + VMU

Votes: 29 43.3%

• Total voters
Did you know the sega saturn 3d pad

Saturn_MK-80314.jpg

Was released 5th july 1996? That’s only days after the nintendo 64 released. My brother had one and I remember thinking it felt really good to use in Nights.
I got this with a Saturn and a copy of NiGHTS that December. It's still going strong all these years later. Recently introduced my kid to the Saturn and we've been having fun playing Bomberman together.

As to the question....I'm gonna go with Saturn. Dreamcast is too noisy and the controller is less comfortable than the Saturn or Genesis. Genesis is great, but there are so many versions it's kind of a mess. There are even several Sega CD variations. Saturn does have the flaw of the flimsy cartridge card slot that simply cannot be trusted. But I'm biased, so it wins.

Back
Top Bottom