• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion What's your favorite Capcom franchise?

capcom is back in this poll

• Mega Man

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Street Fighter

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Resident Evil

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • Devil May Cry

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Ace Attorney

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Monster Hunter

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Capcom Vs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ghosts 'N Goblins

• Dead Rising

• Onimusha

• Other

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

Mekanos

Tattletale
Pronouns
he/they
I think I was pretty comprehensive but the Other poll option is there for a reason.

Voted MonHun but honestly, I love so many of Capcoms franchises, it was hard to choose. RE, MH, Megaman (especially the BN/SF spin-offs), Dragons Dogma, and Street Fighter are easily some of my favorite franchises in gaming.

Demitris_Midnight_Bliss.gif

NES Era - Mega Man
SNES Era - Street Fighter

Every era since that.. no favorite really, but I did enjoy Monster Hunter Rise a lot.

Ace Attorney for sure. Every game is great and I love the characters! Devil May Cry is second.

I basically only care about MH nowadays. Never was into SF, RE, MM, AA, et al. I used to really, really enjoy DMC as well, but I've grown a bit tired of the IP and characters. I also don't like DMCV, like, at all, which has put me off of the games even more, as I don't see them not continuing down the path V has laid out. Additionally, Bayonetta has completely taken over as my favourite "character action" game, be it from a presentation, character, or gameplay standpoint. Really can't get into DMC anymore in consequence.

At least MH has been consistently great for me, though I was a bit anxious wrt MH World also taking the series even further into a direction I'm not the biggest fan of, but Rise has proven to be a step in the right direction again. Sunbreak looks like it'll be to my taste as well setting/theme wise, so faith restored.
(I'd still play a game like MH World over 95% of all other games out there, tho, fwiw!)

Devil May Cry is pretty influential for me in a lot of ways. 5 and 3 are some of my legitimately some of my favorite games of all time and I really love how much the series encourages me to take on tough challenges, but do it stylish and with a cocky smile. Also Dante's one of my favorite fictional characters ever and Vergil is still one of the best rivals ever. JACKPOT.
ON2RINB.gif

Second and third place probably Ace Attorney and Megaman Zero? I'm slowly going through the Resident Evil library though and enjoying them alot (well 6...is just a fun action game lol).

Monster hunter's by far my favorite and most played, then probably ace attorney and mega man.

Ace Attorney by far. To be honest I don’t even really care about anything else by Capcom except for Ghost Trick and Resident Evil 4.

Monster Hunter, then Ace Attorney, then Megaman.

In the NES/SNES era, Megaman was probably my favourite series in gaming. These days, not so much, but I still like the games.

Both Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney. The only other Capcom game I care about is Onimusha lol.

Very close between Ace Attorney and Resident Evil

I have a soft spot for Ghosts n Goblins because I'm old. Super Ghouls n Ghosts is one of my favourite games of all time.

breath-of-fire-ii-breath-of-fire2.gif

Ace Attorney, Ghosts'n'Goblins (including Gargoyle's Quest/Demon's Crest) and DMC are the runner-ups.

ghost-trick-shu-takumi.gif

This is a tough one. Capcom has made some of my favourite games of all time in various franchises. It's difficult to pick a top 3 even but between Ace Attorney, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter and Mega Man (Zero specifically) I gotta go with AA.

Dino Crisis isn't even on the list.

You're just subtly bullying Jaws.

The way I misread this…

They have a lot of good franchises but for me, it has to be MonHun.

Well these results are uh....extremely Switch/3DS era Nintendo biased, lol. I can't imagine a poll like this in the 2000s or even just 10 years ago having Mega Man/Street Fighter/Resident Evil not at the top.

I've always loved Ace Attorney a lot more than their other stuff, though.

Well these results are uh....extremely Switch/3DS era Nintendo biased, lol. I can't imagine a poll like this in the 2000s or even just 10 years ago having Mega Man/Street Fighter/Resident Evil not at the top.

Well, Monster Hunter is the most popular Capcom franchise right now.

It's Street Fighter. I have been a fan since SF2 for the SNES and the latest installment is one of my favorite games of all time.

MonHun being #1 is not surprising to me. If you're just focusing on Nintendo stuff, you're missing out on MHW being Capcom's biggest game on a worldwide scale. I'm obviously biased, but considering that's Capcom's poster franchise these days I'm not surprised.

I'll give it to ya on Ace Attorney, seems like a forum thing. It always gets a lot of love and attention from people on this side of stuff anyways.

A decade ago I would have said SF or RE, but each of those and I have gone our separate ways as we’ve all changed.

So among multi-entry series with games released in the last decade, it’s either Ace Attorney or Dragon’s Dogma, and DD is barely a franchise. (Come on DD2!)

Last edited:
Given the sheer number of games I own from the franchise, I'm going to have to say Mega Man.

Looking at that list just made me realize how much I love Capcom's output in general, there's no franchise on there I dislike and I could enjoy any of them. MH, DMC and Resident Evil stand on top though, in that order.

Hard to chose since Capcom is my favorite publisher after Nintendo.

Resident Evil is probably my overral favorite, especially when we consider how RE1, RE4, RE7, RE2make and RE Village can all be so fucking different while being from the same franchise, and they all are some of my favorite games ever.

The Versus series is a close second. Marvel vs Capcom 2 is my favorite fighting game ever and it'll never change. Played the shit out of that arcade mode on my Dreamcast during my teenage years.

Ace Attorney, classic Megaman (not fan of X and Zero, I like ZX though, never played the other subseries), Devil May Cry, Street Fighter and Darkstalkers are others of my favorites.

I heavily got into Monster Hunter with World and Rise, but I'm starting to grow tired of it with Rise now, I'm in the endgame, have pretty much a perfect gear for my bow hunter, but I'm not hyped at all by the DLC (even though I loved Iceborne), we'll see. I'll get it for sure, but I hope I won't be tired of it. Still, with just two games, that franchise took hundred of years of my time in just 3 years, and it was great !

TechRomancer… such a fun homage to mecha and an unique game to play too, wish they’d return to it

Probably Ace Attorney.

Just don't have a lot of experience with other Capcom franchises, but AA was my entry to the visual novel genre and i do T think I've skipped an entry at all.

Given how Mega Man is the only Capcom series that I have any form of affinity on, it's Mega Man by default for me, but it's a specific branch of the titular character, namely Battle Network/Star Force.

Thank you for reading.

Mega Man is still always going to my absolute favorite, even as others, like DMC, MH and so many others I loved came along later!

Even Sengoku BASARA, a franchise that hasn't been treated all that well here lately, is close to my heart.

Back
Top Bottom