• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What's a video game food item/dish you'd like to try in real life?

meatbag

happiness
Video games have featured a ton of food, whether it's haunches of meat inexplicably hiding behind castle walls, slightly irradiated bottles of cola, strange green life-granting mushrooms, or, well, just normal dishes you can find in normal restaurants.

The question is, is there any food featured in these games that you want to get a taste of?

Mine would be:

images

The stardrop from Stardew Valley, which apparently fills your mouth with the feel of your favorite things. Not foods, but things. So I imagine it would taste like mango, martial arts and anime, however that works out.

Now, how about you?

I want to eat everything cooked by a Felyne.

Those are the best chefs in the world. Or at least the best at making food that looks delicious.

EbFN0hrUcAAAQLz.png

I wonder if the milk from the Moo Moo's taste different.

994586DD89CBC2EAA2CC61D90535F687282D06D5

Also, I'd like to have the Big Smoke order, whatever the hell that may be.

2022091601551800_s.jpg

Although I'm not really a seafood eater, I'd like to have some of these to try.

And at last I can think of:

28e4ec3e-ca68-44eb-ab2a-b05e317c4c31.jpg

Kirby's invincibility candy

I want to eat everything cooked by a Felyne.
Those meat platters they cook are positively mouthwatering! They even put on a show while preparing the food.

I just really wanna know what pixels taste like
If it still restores hearts, can it really be that bad?

wallmeat from castlevania

look, I'm curious
I have hidden a haunch of pork inside an unused brick oven for this very question! Not really

Why it is rare? Is it particularly tasteful?
Plus how would it work IRL. Like what would it feel like to "level up" in a split second.

Sweet, delicious lies
:(

Although I'm not really a seafood eater, I'd like to have some of these to try
Heck yeah, the Splatoon snacks look scrumptious.

Well my star drop fruit would taste like ice cream, so I might just as well have ice cream :p

There was a potion that was basically soup, yeah? Visually looks like chicken (Cucco?) soup with some chopped spring onions on top.
Not sure if it was also in WW but in Twilight Princess, you can get literally soup as a potion from the ice dungeon 🀀

Probably that pizza jpeg from Pikmin. I had a take and bake this week and it didn't slap.

I'd also eat a tentacool out of spite.

castlevania wall chicken

what's actually in it that's giving you health, huh simon? is it the rot from being in a random wall for ? days, is it the cogs and bugs it's collected? we have to know the secret man

Do drinks count? Because the Doom health vials would be that, I gotta know what 1% of health that goes above the 100% limit tastes like.
Doom_64_health_bonus.png

Eternal_Supplies_Potions.png

If we're only talking food, anything from BotW/TotK, cause that Link seems like (usually) a great cook. He reintroduces pizza to Hyrule!

basically all Harvestella cakes
That is delightful looking. What is it supposed to be made of? Literal roses?

I was wondering when this would show up lol

imagine eating like 60 to see what'd happen and your evolution is an old man
Humans are just boring types of Pokemon I guess...

what's actually in it that's giving you health, huh simon?
It's all the monster fluids that have seeped into the stone

Do drinks count? Because the Doom health vials would be that, I gotta know what 1% of health that goes above the 100% limit tastes like
Sure, they count! Not sure what's in them, but as long as you can drink 'em!

castlevania wall chicken

what's actually in it that's giving you health, huh simon? is it the rot from being in a random wall for ? days, is it the cogs and bugs it's collected? we have to know the secret man
you could put chicken in your wall in real life and find out

it's the asbestos that really give it that sizzle, I bet

The pacman dots. They gotta be good if he’s eating that much.
Doesn't Pacman lore essentially state that the dots are pills that Pacman has to take to ward off the ghosts that manifested from his traumatized psyche?

No love for Tayce T. or Zess T.? The Paper Mario remake is so close!

Anyway: I'd definitely try the Jelly Ultra. I just want to know what it feels like:
Jelly_Ultra_TTYD.png

And then maybe a Whacka Bump. It doesn't actually look good, but I beat the poor guy up often enough...
maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom