• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club What're You Playing This Weekend, Fam? |3/10-3/12|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
sad-bowser-junior.gif

It's the weekend! A time for rest and relaxation, a time for reflection, a time for ...video games? I guess so!

---------------------------------------
I've actually got quite the busy weekend ahead of me. My sister is flying in from the other side of the country tonight, tomorrow my wife and I are hosting a birthday party for our kiddo who just turned two, and Sunday my other sister is having a gender reveal party (it's gonna be a small thing, with a simple cake. No wildfires are expected to result from it). So my time for games is gonna be pretty limited! But I'll still try and fit some gaming in where I can.

Crisis-Core-Final-Fantasy-VII-Reunion.jpg

Final Fantasy Crisis Core Reunion (NSW)

I'm sitting at the last save point before the final boss, so as long as the fight isn't some insane difficulty spike that requires grinding, I'm gonna roll credits this weekend. I really enjoyed this one! It's like Kingdom Hearts, just with a (slightly) less ridiculous story.

311992bb92b4c2a6cd428089dbf04c7c483f71a0r1-540-275_hq.gif

Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5)

MM is gonna be the next game I dive into. I played Spider-Man Remastered last year and loved it. I wanted to hold off on playing MM because I was afraid of burnout, seeing as the two games are so similar. I think now is the perfect time to play it, having been over a year since I played Remastered, and with Spider-Man 2 coming later this year. Looking forward to it!

--------------------------------------

Oh! And how can I forget the Resident Evil 4 Remake demo? I'll play that some more this weekend too. Everyone play the RE4R demo!

Have a great weekend, everyone!​

Octopath 2 is the main thing Im playing atm so will be playing mostly that
Will play some Mario kart and start Metroid Fusion as well

Probably grinding for more garbage in Destiny 2 and then when I get frustrated, I'll continue my journeys in Octopath Traveler II and Metroid Prime.

This weekend is all about Octopath II! Now that I’ve finally managed to get my hold from the library, I’m all in on it. That combined with some troubled sleep has meant a lotta progress! Should be well on my way through Chapter 3 by Monday.

Would like to start Metroid Fusion and give the RE4 demo a spin too. Hours before the demo came out I broke my Xbox controller. It was the dumbest, most America’s Funniest Home Videos-ass thing that has happened to me in a while. I was moving the controller from one room to another. Somehow it slipped in my hand a little bit and I did that thing where you snap react to try and catch something but misjudged, slapping the controller into the ground much harder than if I had just let it fall! Left trigger and bumper fucked. Ridiculous 😂 Controllers were on sale yesterday though, and my dope new Electric Volt one arrived already!

Mario Kart.

I’ve only seen a couple of the new courses so far, so I’m looking forward to trying the others.

Dead Cells.

Absolutely loving the new Castlevania dlc.

I'm playing Morrowind and trying out Tamriel Rebuilt finally. Maybe playing Birdo Kart here and there.

I've just done the Palace of Winds on Minish Cap and unlocked the final dungeon, so I'll aim to finish that tomorrow. Probably I'll end up sinking more time into Kart online.

If I've got the time, it'll likely be XBC 3 Wave 3, too.

Last edited:
I already played Super Mario Bros. for MAR10 Day. However...

EVERY DAY IS A MARIO DAY

RACING AROUND, COME ON, LET'S PLAY

HIT THE ROAD AND WE'RE ON OUR WAY

MAKE IT A MARIO DAY
MK8-Line-Mario-Start.gif

...my partner and I will also likely continue our playthrough of Kirby's Return to Dream Land.

Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe. Never played the original and wanted to take a break from umineko so a Kirby platformer felt nice. Used a gift card from Xmas and the voucher to get this game along with Forgotten Land.

Yesterday, i finally did what i've been wanting to do for a while, which is starting a new Xenoblade DE save file. And i'm glad i did. Knowing how the game unfolds adds a lot more meaning and flavor to some early-game dialogues and imagery, and on a larger scale than i imagined. So this is absolutely going to be a Xenoblade weekend (with a bit of ACNH sprinkled here and there, as usual)

I'm playing Metroid Prime, and I might be able to finish it

WHen I'm done I'll dive right back in to Octopath 2

This weekend is all about Octopath II! Now that I’ve finally managed to get my hold from the library, I’m all in on it. That combined with some troubled sleep has meant a lotta progress! Should be well on my way through Chapter 3 by Monday.

Would like to start Metroid Fusion and give the RE4 demo a spin too. Hours before the demo came out I broke my Xbox controller. It was the dumbest, most America’s Funniest Home Videos-ass thing that has happened to me in a while. I was moving the controller from one room to another. Somehow it slipped in my hand a little bit and I did that thing where you snap react to try and catch something but misjudged, slapping the controller into the ground much harder than if I had just let it fall! Left trigger and bumper fucked. Ridiculous 😂 Controllers were on sale yesterday though, and my dope new Electric Volt one arrived already!
this is very funny, thanks for the laugh 😂

I beat Fire Emblem GBA last week and ultimately decided to roll right into Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones. I’m about halfway done and my big goal is to try to finish it before Trails to Azure officially releases next week. I’ll be writing up and maybe dropping the ST for Azure this weekend :) If I finish The Sacred Stones early, I’ll either move on to F-Zero GP Legend or return to Like A Dragon Ishin.

Beyond that, I have a big Mario Kart family and friend group day planned for Sunday. Going to be fun to race on the Wave 4 tracks online together!

(1) BioShock. I have just finished the second mission/stage where you had to find the passage to the smuggler's hideout. It took me hours! Maybe I'm playing it wrong but the HowLongToBeats seem well off! 12 hours to complete!? I must have done near enough that already and I'm sure I've got plenty of game left! I am exploring every nook and cranny though. Gotta find those diary entries and that ammo!

The jump from "easy" to "medium" difficulty is ridiculous. I breezed through the first stage, turned the dial up and got walloped. Again and again but I persevered.

(2) Luigi's Mansion 3. I got my partner this for her birthday and I've dived in with her as Gooigi. It's a great way to play the story with two people! And it's a nice change of pace from the brutality of BioShock. 😅

As always, have a great weekend. 👍

Nice! Can't wait for this to drop on NSO. Save states are sure to help some with perma death!
Yeah this was my first Fire Emblem I completed with permadeath. I didn’t abuse it too much, but I definitely would save mid battle if a map was going well instead of reloading from the start every time.

Either Fatal Frame 4 or Octopath Traveler II. Also the new Fire Emblem Engage DLC.

Was going to jump into some games on my Series X but with my shitty internet by the time I finish installing something there's inevitably another 20-30GB patch. Almost makes me want to go Switch only.

Still working on RDR2 and started playing Drill Dozer on the side. Really charming & fun game, cool to play something from Gamefreak that isn't Pokemon.

More Octopath 2! I'm playing it on PS5 and I'm going to be out of town all next week, which means that I'll be back on Labyrinth of Galleria next week and have to wait on Octopath until I get back, so I'm going to focus on it this weekend.

I'm really really certain that I will be freaking GLUED to Paranormasight the entire weekend.

It's that time of the week again. Nice!

Euro Truck Simulator 2
Neglected it through the Week, so i better get back to it. Looking forward to get a garage either in Germany of the Benelux

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Last case, it seems? The defendant fainted in the stand by atroquinine poisoning and suddendly i'm in some strange computer interface with Phoenix as a guide? Weird.

Aiming to finish the game this weekend

Metroid Fusion
Only if i finish Apollo Justice before sunday night. I'll use it to unwind from the AA series before getting into Dual Destinies

Mario Kart.

I’ve only seen a couple of the new courses so far, so I’m looking forward to trying the others.

Dead Cells.

Absolutely loving the new Castlevania dlc.
Can you play the DLC and access it directly or do you need to finish a certain part of main game or prior DLC?

Octopath is just too good. It's wild to think back through all of the doom and gloom that surrounded JRPGs for years now that - if you ask me - several of the best JRPGs ever made are pretty recent. The genre has never been better!

Vampire Survivors iPhone

Forgot this came out on phones and gave it a download this morning. I played some on Xbox last fall and enjoyed it but didn't really stick with it. Doing some runs with one hand while slamming coffee with the other, though? That may well change things

Can you play the DLC and access it directly or do you need to finish a certain part of main game or prior DLC?
No prior dlc is needed, but if you’ve never played Dead Cells before you’ll need to finish 3 runs first. When I say finish, I mean attempt a run and die 3 times so that the starter area will now have bottles hanging from the ceiling. When you start your next run, you should see some bats fly past meaning you can now find the first Castlevania area. Keep exploring the Prisoner’s Quarters, and you’ll find Richter stood in front of a door. Just enter there.

The second area can only be found after you have killed the boss in the first Castlevania area. When you start the next run, someone will meet you in the Prisoner’s Quarters entrance and explain where the next biome is. It’s in an area quite far into the game, so you will have to play quite a bit of the main game to get to it. Also, you can only access one Castlevania area per run, meaning that if you go to the first area in a run then you won’t be able to access the second area until you start a new run.

I hope all of that made sense. Please ask if you have any more questions as I’m happy to help.

Octopath is just too good. It's wild to think back through all of the doom and gloom that surrounded JRPGs for years now that - if you ask me - several of the best JRPGs ever made are pretty recent. The genre has never been better!

Forgot this came out on phones and gave it a download this morning. I played some on Xbox last fall and enjoyed it but didn't really stick with it. Doing some runs with one hand while slamming coffee with the other, though? That may well change things

Ya I love it on Xbox but having instant access and playability with one hand in portrait mode is a game changer. I just hope eventually it has syncing between platforms.

No prior dlc is needed, but if you’ve never played Dead Cells before you’ll need to finish 3 runs first. When I say finish, I mean attempt a run and die 3 times so that the starter area will now have bottles hanging from the ceiling. When you start your next run, you should see some bats fly past meaning you can now find the first Castlevania area. Keep exploring the Prisoner’s Quarters, and you’ll find Richter stood in front of a door. Just enter there.

The second area can only be found after you have killed the boss in the first Castlevania area. When you start the next run, someone will meet you in the Prisoner’s Quarters entrance and explain where the next biome is. It’s in an area quite far into the game, so you will have to play quite a bit of the main game to get to it. Also, you can only access one Castlevania area per run, meaning that if you go to the first area in a run then you won’t be able to access the second area until you start a new run.

I hope all of that made sense. Please ask if you have any more questions as I’m happy to help.
Interesting. Thank you. Ill start next week.

The RE4 Remake demo was fun! Real short, it took me like 13 minutes. But it instills a lot of confidence in that short time. It seems like they are making all the right moves with this thing. The extended intro was awesome. Now that I know it’s so brief might try one more time to mess with the parries

Last edited:
Unfortunately not playing much this weekend. Back in town for part of the weekend before I have to head back out again, and most of my time this weekend is booked with social events. But I will be playing board games today as part of that, so that counts right?

Ghost of Tsushima, AC Odyssey are cool open world games on my backlog, havent played much of them yet so will this weekend. Maybe will revisit BOTW as the new game is already only 2 months out, soon to be less than that.

It may sound weird, but in anticipation for TotK and having played several Zelda games this year, I'm now playing Horizon Forbidden West. Somehow in my memory BotW and Zero Dawn are bonded as I played both together, so now playing forbidden west is making me even more excited for Zelda. And of course is a great game by itself, the world is truly beautiful.

2d0812_30bbbda325e844b18e08c225b66a967e~mv2.gif

There is only Returnal, and by the dark gods and all that is unholy it is a very fun and very challenging game with a style and aesthetic I just can't get enough of. The more I discover of its depths, the more I enjoy!

The jump from "easy" to "medium" difficulty is ridiculous. I breezed through the first stage, turned the dial up and got walloped. Again and again but I persevered.
Each area really does slowly amp up the difficulty and complexity, but it's totally worth it!!!

Last edited:
Thanks to the Capcom sale I'm playing Ace Attorney 4 on the 3DS (which would be my 3rd or 4th playthrough of this one), still my least favorite of the series by a decent margin, but there isn't an AA I won't replay so far, I'm close to the end, but I dunno what I'll play after that.

I had the chance to start Miles Morales. It feels good to be back swinging in New York! The Rhino fight at the beginning was surprisingly tough, considering it’s basically a tutorial boss. It was super cool though to have both Peter and Miles in the fight, though it’s a bit of a letdown that they wrote Pete out of the game pretty much. I get that this is Miles’ story, and maybe Peter will come back, but still. Guess I gotta wait till Spider-Man 2 for my epic spider team-up game.

It may sound weird, but in anticipation for TotK and having played several Zelda games this year, I'm now playing Horizon Forbidden West. Somehow in my memory BotW and Zero Dawn are bonded as I played both together, so now playing forbidden west is making me even more excited for Zelda. And of course is a great game by itself, the world is truly beautiful.
Yeah ive been still playing it sometimes since release, its a great game and yeah should keep you busy until TOTK, DLC is in April too

Lately ive been checking out Ghost of Tsushima for another great open world

Halo Infinite. Halo is not dad! Season 3 is solid so far on Steam.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. My boy Luigi is "meta" now lol.

Finishing the Bayonetta Origins demo.

Played the RE4 demo. Can't wait for the full game now.
Playing Bayonetta 3, it's great so far.
Playing Fatal Frame / Project Zero: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse for a spooky time (up to Chapter 7 so far).
Playing some more of Trauma: Center: New Blood. Already got Second Opinion on the way since I am enjoying this game so much.

Ahhh this is the life.

I'm currently playing the Switch version of The Force Unleashed and, as someone who had previously only played the PC version, it has been quite an unusual experience. I was expecting basically that game but with worse graphics only to encounter an almost entirely different game that just happens to have the same plot. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

I'm currently playing the Switch version of The Force Unleashed and, as someone who had previously only played the PC version, it has been quite an unusual experience. I was expecting basically that game but with worse graphics only to encounter an almost entirely different game that just happens to have the same plot. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.
the switch version is a port of the wii version, right?

the switch version is a port of the wii version, right?
Yeah, whereas the PC version was a port of the 360/PS3 one, but even with that caveat it's surprising to see just how different things are. Even the levels that appear in both versions are completely different.

Back
Top Bottom