• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Whatcha Playin' this weekend? - Oct 29 to Oct 31, 2021

Guaraná

Paratroopa
wtf, is it Friday again?
pele-atari.jpg

This week's picture is from an Argentinian ad for Atari games featuring the Brazilian soccer player Pelé - Wasn't Maradona available?

Alright, guys! I heard you like some games and you like to go wild during the weekend with all this videogame stuff.
So tell me, what will you be playing this weekend?

I wanted to lose myself In Metroid Dread, but someone told me that that's just impossible - that game is basically a walking simulator. Anyway, my Dread copy finally arrived and I can't wait to see Samus don't smile for 10 hours while she kills aliens, sorry Kotaku. But, ok, enough about Dready jokes. There are more fish in the sea, and maybe it's time to move on. This week Age of Empires 4 arrives at GamePass, Mario Party Superstars arrives on Switch, and a bunch of other cool games is nearing their release date because we're about to enter November and we all know what happens in November (Formula 1 season ends and I get depressed). One game that I wanna check out is Riders Republic. A bunch of friends in the industry has been playing it for a while now and they seem to really like what Ubisoft did there.

So what will you guys be playing this weekend?

Link’s Awakening. I spent over two hours fishing and playing that crane game in the village last night. That’s the plan tonight too.

I'll be plodding on with my Ocarina of Time playthrough on Switch for the most part.

I also plan to give Moonglow Bay a go on my Xbox, it looks adorable and relaxing and right up my alley.

Ace Attorney Justice for All on the Switch, and House Flipper on PC/Steam. Thinking of picking up one of the rogue lites on sale on Switch right now and giving it a go as well, though.

Continuing the playthrough of Fire Emblem Three Houses I started last weekend, and will also potter about in Animal Crossing while I work up the courage/effort to change my island layout ahead of the expansion.

I'll also be continuing to dip in to the N64 and Mega Drive games. Ocarina of Time I'm holding off on in the hope of a patch, so Sin and Punishment is probably the next N64 game I'll play, though I might try and get back in to Mario Kart 64. On Mega Drive, Phantasy Star IV and Shining Force are high up the list I really want to try, but they'll have to wait until I have more time to commit to playing them. So I'll likely stick with the shorter stuff - Gunstar Heroes is always great to revisit, and I might try Ristar or Castlevania Bloodlines for the first time.

Or I'll just play Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine until existence ends.

Carrying on with Dying Light and playing a bit more of Ocarina of Time on NSO. I also have to get back to Eastward at some point, but at the moment Dying Light has got me hooked.

Metroid Dread; just downed the 3rd EMMI and loving the game so far. Probably also continuing my FFXIV job grind leading into Endwalker. Just got and started Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday and the soundtrack is a banger so far

Titan Souls. I got it free for pre-ordering Death’s Door on PS5. Never has a game made me rage so much!

Little Nightmares is next on my list of games to finish. Good time of year for that!

I also need to make sure my AC Island isn't a disaster before next Friday, so I will probably start on that.

Playing Dread still. Think I'm at the end but doing some back tracking to get all the unlocks.
Also have Tetris Effect and some N64 games to fill in.

*Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition: The Tower of Tarquron and maybe final boss fight. Maybe some postgame.
*Super Castlevania IV: last stage
*Final Fantasy IX: Black Mage Village and surrounding
*Blaster Master Zero 2: that annoying planet boss and working towards good ending.
*Assassin's Creed III: wrapping up Sequence 2.

I plan on finishing Link's Awakening (I say this all the time) and continue my Animal Crossing journey.

Little Nightmares, it fits the theme of the weekend and it is fairly short.

I do plan to finish all the endings of Catherine Full Body by the end of next week so i'll play more of that too, and slowly progressing with Mana Khemia.

I'll try not to start any new game to leave that space open for SMT V when it comes out.

Continuing my replay of Luigi’s Mansion 3. I’ll also dive into some N64 games, probably Yoshi’s Story.

Hope to God finishing Samus Returns. finally
Good luck with that final boss. It’s a bitch. Harder than Dread’s I’d say.

It's gonna be Fire Emblem Fates and Bayonetta 2. Some Strangs Brigade in between. Oh yeah also some Yoshi's Island

Hope to God finishing Samus Returns. finally
I really loved that game in hindsight, after playing Dread also. It's quite big.

In honor of Halloween I’m playing both the original Luigi’s Mansion and Eternal Darkness on my GameCube with progressive scan.

I'm currently playing Mega Man ZX Advent and I'm getting close to the end, which will finally end my long journey through the Zero/ZX collection. ZX Advent is definitely an improvement over the original ZX, with much much better pace and map design.

After ZX Advent it may finally be time for me to start The Great Ace Attorney.

I decided last night to start Luigis Mansion 3. I bought a used copy a year ago but never played it. So far I enjoy it a lot.

Im also playing oxenfree and I'm already curious how the story continues.

Will be finishing up Murder By Numbers and then depending on my mood, will either start Control on PS4 or Paper Mario on Switch.

More Kakarot and Dying Light. I expect to start Fatal Frame 5 this weekend too.

Also, we're planning to do an online Mario Party Party with me, my wife and my brother and his wife this weekend.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64 - NSO) — Last night I just finished one of my all-time favorite Zelda dungeons, the Forest Temple. It's been wonderful revisiting one of my favorite games and I plan on continuing this weekend.

Mario Party Superstars — Just picked it up this morning and have been playing online for a couple hours. It's a blast, and the online quality is actually great. I'm looking forward to playing with my spouse and our best friend.

Gonna try to finish Nocturne HD this weekend (since there's only one more weekend after that until GOTY comes out). I'm at the end of Yoyogi Park (stopped right before the boss battle last night), so I think it should be doable.

Continuing going through Echo Night 2 and I bought Fatal Frame/Project Zero V last night, so will be playing through that (beat it on Wii U back when it came out originally). Gonna try getting another ending this time and see how it holds up versus what I remember of it (not much, just remember being rather disappointed versus other games in the series).

Around 3/4 of the way through Castlevania: Circle of the Moon after beating both Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow and Castlevania: Bloodlines/The New Generation this week for the first time. Been enjoyable diving through more of the series after ignoring it for so long (too long). Really fun games.

Love these weekend posts!

I'm gonna try to finish up NMH 1...my first suda game. It's very entertaining, I can see what all the hype with him was all about. I would like to start and complete Doki Doki and maybe Murder House but I'm working Sunday so I have no hope for the latter.

I’m working on getting all five endings to NieR Replicant (PS4).

I loved Automata despite the second “playthrough” being so similar to the first, but Replicant has the exact same content repeated three times (with the second time adding a few translated lines of dialog from the enemies and a bit of exposition) with no changes to gameplay whatsoever. Replicant is also a worse game than Automata in just about every way. The exception might be the characters — but while Automata’s are virtually non-existent, Replicant’s are juvenile anime AF.

I also think I might be burned out on Yoko Taro right now.

I can’t believe it’s already the weekend again! The only game I’m playing right now is Mario and Luigi Dream Team still. I finished Crystar last weekend and started and already finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I don’t recommend Crystar since it took 25 hours of my 31 hour playthrough to finally become good, but I loved Ori! Better than the first one in many ways. I’m strongly kicking around starting a Bayonetta 2 replay this weekend.

Being that it’s Halloween weekend, I’m playing Resident Evil 2: Remake for the first time. Fantastic game so far.

I’m sprinkling Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure DLC in also. Like the main game, none of the humor lands whatsoever so it’s a testament to how good the gameplay is that I’m going through this.

If i can get any time between halloween and assignments, will continue on playing my Buddy mission bond. Am getting to the last story arc so it'll sadly end soon...

But i did carve a Gengar pumpkin in the spirit of halloween! 🎃

Trying Luigi's Mansion 2 again, we'll see if I can beat it in time to earn a badge!

My brother gifted me Resident Evil 8 as an early birthday present and i have played that since Thursday. Game is gorgeous. I really like the more fantasy like setting and while it's certainly not as "scary" as 7 it still manages to have some very tense moments. I have finished the castle area and that last boss fight was quite intense. Looking forward to playing more of it today.

Ocarina of Time, once again.

This time I've paid attention to how cinematic the game feels. There's inventive use of camera in the cutscenes, but it also shows in the gameplay, especially in combat. I haven't given this enough thought to say for sure, but maybe they haven't done something like this since, at least not on this level.

I also tried a demo for Solas 128. I don't think I've heard anybody mention the game, but somehow stumbled upon it and thought I'd give it a try. It's a very stylish puzzle game, should look great on the OLED model (which I still don't have). I plan to pick up the full game.

My wireless Xbox one controller broke after 7 years, I was about to finish Hades on Gamepass and it just turned off and won't turn on anymore.

Damn it.

DBZ kakarot and some Just Dance with my 3 year old niece and her friends. It's really hard to keep these kids entertained man, smh

Continuing my trend of "games featuring/related to a smash character I haven't played yet"
  • Castlevania III via anniversary collection. Playing jpn, rather than eng, version.
  • Kirby's Dreamland 2. I need a break from all these NES platformers I can only beat with rewind/save state abuse and Kirby seems comfy.
  • maybe Mega Man 8. I found 7 too hard though, so I might just watch someone play through it instead. I won't start this until Sunday at earliest.

Finished up Halo 4 last night and will move onto Halo 5. Getting my replay through before Infinite drops.

Resident Evil 1 Remake - Appropriate for Halloween weekend. I picked it up for $5 last week since I only ever played it on a friend's GC years ago
Eastward - About 7.5 hours in, but took a break to finish Metroid. Such a cute game and I'm eager to get back to it
Crysis 1 & 2 Remastered - Flipping between the two trying to decide which one to focus on
Ori & The Blind Forest - Since I have GamePass for the month, I wanted to give this a serious try

I'm bouncing between Ocarina of Time (NSO), Shining Force (NSO), and Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

I've never played a Shining game before and am enjoying Shining Force a lot. Are there any others available to play on Switch (or 3DS even)?

Well, so much for playing a game from my backlog, I've started a run of Metroid Prime on Wii U.

Started playing Bayonetta on the switch and it's still sooo good, been years since I played it on the 360. I hope I'll be able to finish it and 2 before SMT V releases, but we'll see!

Well, this weekend has been mostly Xenoblade Chronicles DE. Did play a fair amount of Dr. Mario 64 on NSO, which is strange to me because I’ve never paid much mind to the series before.

After taking a little break to avoid burnout, I'm back on Persona 5 Royal.

man hades is freaking hard, I spent most of my gameplay time during the weekend trying to beat it but no chance.

Got hooked on Disco Elysium. The game
Is surprisingly good and the writing is the best I’ve seen in any video game. The fact that it also is a different kind of rpg focusing on detective skills and writing rather than combat makes it something special. Played a few hours of voice of cards too and although I like it the easy battles let me down a litte. I expected more
Challenge.

Back
Top Bottom