• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Whatcha Playin' this weekend? - Oct 22 to Oct,24, 2021

Guaraná

Paratroopa
Captura-de-tela-2021-10-22-105731.png

this week's picture is from in South Africa

Alright, guys! I heard you like some games and you like to go wild during the weekend with all this videogame stuff.
So tell me, what will you be playing this weekend?

The Dread fad is over, no one likes that pseudo-game anymore, Switch owners are thirsty again. With that in mind what are your gaming plans for the next couple of days? I don't think there's a major release this weekend so It might be a good time to take a look at our backlog and see what was left behind.

Talking about backlogs, I think I'll take a look at Hades on Game Pass. I think I can easily beat that in two days. If I have time I might take a look at Bardo and see if the patches correct most of the bugs the game was presenting.

Last edited:
The Dread fad is over, no one likes that pseudo-game anymore, Switch owners are thirsty again.
I laughed so hard lmao

I think I'll continue Resident Evil Revelation 2 and farming Halloween DIY in Animal Crossing New Horizons for the Community Challenge. And I have to do the new Wario Cup in WarioWare: Get It Together!

Finish Ace Attorney 3, try to beat splatterhouse (arcade) for the horror badge. Continue working on Grandia 2 and SRW X after that probably

Super Metroid. I’ve beaten the game a hundred times and even dabbled in speedrunning it a bit, so right now I’m in the process of trying a Reverse Boss Order challenge. I expect to die many, many times trying to beat Ridley.

Wife and I are on a Civilization VI game that we will probably finish up this weekend while I work.
I'm playing Castlevania Advance Collection for the site's Halloween event and hopefully can finish up one of them in time!
Also just started Disco Elysium for the first time. Only an hour or so in but is nice.

• Final Fantasy IX - more Fossil Roo. Excavation minigame time.
  • Super Castlevania IV - Dracula's castle time with ghosts.
  • Disgaea 1 - Lots of Zombies to kill.
  • Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition - subquests before the Tower of Tarquron.

Man, I love these threads. I’m continuing to plug away at my backlog.

I’m about an hour or two in to the DLC for Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure. None of the humor in it is cracking so much as a smile, which is a testament to the great gameplay.

I’ll also start Resident Evil 2: Remake, being that it’s Halloween time and all. Very excited for this one.

Still Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Haven't thought what else i want to continue. I have started enough games already so i don't want to begin a new one until i have finished one of the ones i already started. So probably FF13, Shadow of War or Trails of Cold Steel 2.

The picture in the OP reminds me of my early days of gaming in the nineties, 91 to be precise, thanks for that 😅
I've just started the Mass Effect trilogy on PC, the legendary edition ( never played any of the games before ). I've started with Mass Effect 1 and just got to the spectre graduation "ceremony"
I'm playing with female Shepard because why not
I'll be alternating between Mass Effect 1 and Kena this weekend

Deadly Premonition Origins and 51 Worldwide Games (what a matter-of-fact title) for some competitive Yacht Dice. Might try to finish Tokyo School Life too.

Final Fantasy IV over here. The PSP version to be precise. I've started it last year and just dropped it for whatever reason until recently. I don't know how many times I've played this game, but never finished it. This time for sure I hope. I've decided to just finish my save file from last year, despite forgotting most of what was going on. It does hurt my enjoyment of the game to be honest, but it's fun enough to continue.

Currently my team is around level 40 and just need to get the final crystal. I hope I don't have much longer to finish it. I want to get to FFV next, or perhaps skip it and go to FFVI. I've played all classic FF games but never finished a single one, so I'm on a journey to play all of them (or at least most).

Besides that, the same goes for Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War, which I've dropped over a year ago as well. But I really love that game, and even now the story and characters are still itched in my brain. I remember exactly where I left off, despite it being more than a year. I'm planning to continue it as well and then play through the series as well. I've played every single FE game though, except Thracia, Mystery of the Emblem and Binding Blade (played it, never finished it). And also Three Houses which I'll play when I finish all the other ones I haven't done recently. So my list is in order:
  • Genealogy of the Holy War
  • Thracia
  • Binding Blade
  • Blazing Sword
  • Sacred Stones
  • New Mystery of the Emblem (maybe, if I can find a copy)
  • Three Houses

Trying to finish a Castlevania game so I can get one of those dang badges.

That and probably Mario Golf will take up most of my weekend.

Getting up to snuff in animal crossing on the oled (got to the town hall now missed those music tunes and isabelle!) In prep for dlc + update.

Far cry 6 probably. On xbox series x.

Finally finish metroid dread that final boss haha, and play axiom verge 2.

Oh and the castlevania advance collection!

During the week I've been playing Mega Man ZX on the Zero/ZX collection. I should finish it up during the weekend. It's a nice game but I'm not entirely convinced on the whole interconnected map thing... just choosing what level you want to play was simpler.

Dunno what I'll play after, maybe go straight to ZX Advent to finish the collection or finally start The Great Ace Attorney.

Some Super Mega Baseball 3 and a lot of Stardew Valley. Rinse and repeat for the next handful of weekends until Forza Horizon 5 releases.

I finally started Return of the Obra Dinn from the backlog. After a couple of hours, I've discovered the fates of 12 crew members. Aiming to complete it over the weekend.

Other than that, I'll be doing a think about what to play over the next few months. A second run through Metroid Dread is very likely, and with Advance Wars delayed, I need to think about what else I want to buy from my wishlist. Got Shin Megami Tensei V preordered for next month, and will have No More Heroes 3 to finally play sometime in the next month or so, too. Toem, Eastward, Disco Elysium, KOTOR, Tetris Effect, Castlevania Advance Collection, and Voice of Cards are at the top of my eShop list right now, so some of those will definitely get a look in over the next few months.

I'm away from home this weekend and brought my gaming laptop on which I've installed Sea of Thieves and Grounded. But I have Game Pass Ultimate so I won't run out of games to play.

Gonna finish up 100% in Dread, I’m almost there. After that I’m not sure. I kind of don’t want to get into anything too engrossing so my plate is clear for SMTV next month. Might just play some stuff like Smash and Hearthstone until then

Thought about playing more BD II or Dread.
Grabbed Ys IX: Monstrum Nox instead.

Missed out on playing it at launch, so now I'm going to make the most of it.

Gonna wrap up Metroid Dread and play some FF7R on PS5. I’ll also do a few Battlefield V matches on PS5 to get used to the controller for when I get BF2042.

I'm replaying Ever Oasis, was hoping to go for 100% this time (I didn't do much of the postgame last time) to get it nice and tidy but I'm starting to waver because I forgot how tedious some parts of the postgame are. But I want that 100%!

And I'm alternating between that and The Colonists, a cute little strategy/townsim game that I'd definitely recommend to anyone who likes the genre.

I'm interested in both, are you liking them?
Loving both! Crysis 2 is a massive upgrade over the original and performance is night and day compared to the first remaster.

And Back4Blood is a blast with friends and the perfect game for Gamepass. Way better than the beta.

More Persona 5 Royal. It's really gripped me, rare for a game to pull me in like this.

Though unfortunately this does mean MH Stories 2 is on the backburner - in retrospect it was probably a mistake to try and juggle 2 RPGs with monster catching elements. Looking forward to going back to it though, as it's very charming.

Otherwise, the Halloween event started in Elder Scrolls Online so I'll see if I can get some stuff from that. Since you get stuff from doing different activities it's a good opportunity to up my zone completion a bit.

I've got a lot that I'd like to play such as Luigi's Mansion, Final Fantasy 7 Intergrade, Castlevania 1 and maybe something like RE3R but I'm getting my second vaccination this weekend and if it's anything like my first, my arm is at minimum gonna be pretty sore and I probably won't feel like playing much.

New Path of Exile league starts tonight so that's my weekend sorted lol, I've randomly started Devil Survivor on the 3DS again too in some futile attempt to play through it again pre-SMTV but that won't happen.

I'm now in the last 2 chapters of fire emblem three houses. So if I have time I will try to finish it. Other than that I still have a big backlog but I'm also interested in super monkey ball and dying light for switch but we will see...

Echo Night 2 since it's a fan translation I've wanted to play for a long time, being a big From Software fan and PS1 era horror gaming fan. Played the other two games in the series so always wanted to check this out. Great time to since Halloween is around the corner.

More Lost Judgment (still going through the school stories, it's a massive game).

Managed to finish Aria of Sorrow for the first time this week so may go back to Harmony of Dissonance and try and finish that up too.

Will dedicate most of my Sunday to playing Swery's The Good Life, as I've only played the intro so far but enjoying it as a Shenmue fan.

Death Stranding Director's Cut (has its hooks in me bad again, I adore this game), Back 4 Blood, Path of Exile, FFXIV, Genshin Impact.

Metroid Dread. Haven't really continue that and am still quite in the beginning lol.

Just wrapped up Torna; the Golden Country. What a great game. I’ll probably also keep leveling jobs before Endwalker comes out (Leveling PLD & BIN) and dive back into Metroid Dread. A NG+ run of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is pretty tempting though!

It's fun reading through this thread and seeing what everyone is playing.

I just finished Dread a few days ago and the next big thing I'm going to get is probably SMT V in a couple weeks, so between now and then it's just playing stuff in the backlog.

• Ys: Origin [Switch] - Might be able to finish it this weekend. Fun little hack and slash game.
  • Minecraft Dungeons [XSX] - Will probably play a bit of this with my son. Nice game to play with kids.
  • Subnautica [XSX] - I feel like I'm struggling to make much progress here, but I do want to see it to the end. I'm guessing I'm at least halfway through.

More of Dread if I have the time if I can find out what to do next :/ - seems to be a homework weekend

I ultimately want 1 session of skyward sword HD however this weekend

Just finished up Metroid Dread, so time to jump back into my (for me) ridiculously lengthy e-shop backlog.
Started playing Murder By Numbers and I'm liking it so far. Decent dialog, good soundtrack, Picross - haven't got to any of the real detective-y bits yet but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

I just started Aria of Sorrow for the badge. After that I’d like to play Luigi’s Mansion 3 again, then probably another playthrough of Dread (because beating it four times just isn’t enough apparently).

I have been juggling between Pokemon Platinum. Baldur's Gate. Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Metroid Dread. I think I'll finish Dread soon!

I'm going to continue chipping away at the puzzles in Bonfire Peaks. If you like well designed puzzle games that are quite challenging I highly recommend this game. Though it's quite differently mechanically, it scratches a similar itch to Pushmo or Crashmo in how you have to think about moving around blocks in a 3D space. It's also good about letting you choose multiple paths if you ever get completely stumped at a certain puzzle.

After a sale recently I've also been playing Hob which is pretty interesting. It's the kind of game so far where the sum of its parts is certainly more interestingly than any particular aspect. But it's certainly got a a distinct look and I'm enjoying the gameplay flow.

I’m just about to finish Dread and will probably start a new playthrough right away, I’m in love with this game.
I’ll continue chipping away at Skyward Sword with my kids, or whichever Mario game they fancy (probably Odyssey or Galaxy).

And if I find the time, probably when the kids are taking a nap, I’ll start playing RE IV VR in my Oculus Quest 2!

Still playing the same games from last week. I’m 12ish hours into Mario and Luigi Dream Team and enjoying it a lot. The desert area dragged a bit long, but I’ve been enjoying Wakeport a ton. I like how the town is laid out as you explore the streets and rooftops for quests and treasure.

I reached the first ending in Crystar and I’m eager to finish that up so I’ll be focusing on it the most. I stand by my initial impressions of it being just shy of good on every front which is really starting to drag. I’m invested in the story, even more so after the first ending, but the game is too long with the combat only being decent-ish at best.

I have a disgustingly large Switch backlog that I'm working through. Starting up Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition for the first time. Been playing Call of Duty Warzone and/or Cold War when I'm in the mood. Waiting patiently for Forza Horizon 5...

Back
Top Bottom