• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Whatcha Playin' this weekend? - Oct 15 to Oct,17, 2021

Guaraná

Paratroopa
Captura-de-tela-2021-10-15-144100.png

this week's picture is from an Arcade in Thailand

Alright, guys! I heard you like some games and you like to go wild during the weekend with all this videogame stuff.
So tell me, what will you be playing this weekend?

The Dread is upon us and things are wild. Some are finding it hard to beat, others are finding it just perfect, but everyone has the same opinion about one thing: it's a freaking awesome game. So, are you still on Dread? Or There's something else this weekend? Share with us your gaming adventures planned from Friday to Sunday.

I'm a bit ashamed to say that I'm planning to finish FFVIII again, please don't judge me. This time around I wanna focus on the card game and all the benefits it brings to my party. I beat the game three times already, but I never focused on Triple Triad and since I love this soap opera so much, I think it will be fun.

Last edited:
Continued adventures in Metroid Dread. I'll probably grind out a few of the Halloween quests in Destiny 2. I might play some Kingdom Hearts as well to get me in the mood for Sora in Smash next week.

Working tomorrow, but should get in a good amount of time on Metroid Dread. I picked up Eastward last night and that has been pretty fun so far.

New World has held my attention since I bought it last week, so I'll probably put in a few hours of tree chopping during my morning coffee on Sunday.

Might start my second run of Dread, have been thinking about giving FFXIV a shot, and haven't gotten too far into Super Monkey Ball yet.

In the middle of my hard mode Dread run. I’ve still got Monkey Ball to return to eventually, plus I want to play Luigi’s Mansion 3 again this month.

Putting off replaying Dread to complete Luigi's Mansion for the 2nd time. Releasing it on Halloween was cool and all, but it feels good to actually be playing it during spooky season than a few days after.

In the middle of my hard mode Dread run. I’ve still got Monkey Ball to return to eventually, plus I want to play Luigi’s Mansion 3 again this month.
did you like monkey ball? I thinking about getting it to play with my girlfriend. She likes this kind of game and I heard she played the first one on Wii so she is familiar with the concept.

Metroid Dread and trying out Dungeon Encounters. I have Skyward Sword HD and SMT III: Nocturne waiting in the wings.

Edit: Might fire up Animal Crossing to prepare for the new content. I missed some of the updates from earlier this year that I can now enjoy.

Animal Crossing just got a oled and i wanted to start a new i got a perfect island i wanted on the first try. Guess Nintendo was like tha ks for the money her is lucky rng for u. Wanted apples and roses got em + a perfect island layout i like alot.

And probably finish up Metroid Dread and play a bit of Far Cry 6. Wich both are also awsome. Might staet on a metroid hard mode play through if i have time left hehe.

Going to try and finish up my Metroid series catch up this weekend before picking up Dread: Completed Super Metroid on NSO, picked up and completed Zero Mission on Wii U, and am going to try and complete Fusion on Wii U also. I did have a quick go with the original Metroid the other day, but bounced hard off that one.

Oh, and Zero Mission > Super Metroid > Fusion.

I am so tired from working this week so not sure if I'l game tonight and have all kinds of (fun) things to do so little gaming for me this saturday and sunday either.

However, hope to play some Metroid Dread and I also crave some Castlevania III :)

Putting off replaying Dread to complete Luigi's Mansion for the 2nd time. Releasing it on Halloween was cool and all, but it feels good to actually be playing it during spooky season than a few days after.
Two mentions for Luigi's Mansion. I regrettably sold my copy before getting very far and have been dying to play again after buying the SWOLED.

did you like monkey ball? I thinking about getting it to play with my girlfriend. She likes this kind of game and I heard she played the first one on Wii so she is familiar with the concept.
It’s got a lot of content, so that’s a plus. I’m not sure it’s actually my type of game though. I prefer the Marble Blast style of “roll the ball through the stage” games.

But if someone likes Monkey Ball already it’s a no-brained.

Fully finished Metroid Dread so now I'm gonna go back to some of my backlog. Lately I've been thinking about Vanquish, this was one I never finished on the PS3 so I think I'll probably be playing that.

It's amazing. Go for it. Lots and lots of fun. Very addicting too. I'd recommend not only checking out the story mode. Story mode has SMB2 stages which are a bit less creative than the ones in SMB1. Do the challenge SMB1 modes as well. Or what am I even saying. Just do whatever lol it's fun times.

Last edited:
I finally got my copy of Dread in the mail so I'll be spending the bulk of my time on that. Going to probably also dip into some more Monster Hunter Stories 2 so I can finish it before SMTV. I've had that on the go since release but I constantly get distracted by other games, mostly FFXIV's fault tbh.

Fully finished Metroid Dread so now I'm gonna go back to some of my backlog. Lately I've been thinking about Vanquish, this was one I never finished on the PS3 so I think I'll probably be playing that.
Dread is kinda like Vanquish, what with the fast-paced shooting and sliding everywhere. Plus the futuristic armor.

Dread is kinda like Vanquish, what with the fast-paced shooting and sliding everywhere. Plus the futuristic armor.
It's very possible that my mind made that connection subconsciously haha.

Also you saying that kinda made me want a 3d character action spinoff starring Samus.

Dread and Dungeon Encounters. I have Disco Elysium waiting but I’ll probably leave that for a dry period (somewhere in December?) I’ll be playing Voice of Cards, Dying Light and SMTV next month.

Now that Dread is over, feeling kinda empty tbh. May dig into some Hades and Dragon Ball Z Kakarot

Finished Dread, so some chill FFXIV and Valheim

Probably going to finish Dread, I'm currently on the 100% hunt and that shouldn't take too long... right?
Once you have every power-up it is fairly easy. You have a percentage for each area and markers all over.
Hardest part will be the shine spark challanges

Gonna play some of the Super Robot Wars 30 demo and then either go back to Bravely Default II or Kindred Spirits on the Roof.

Just finished Alan Wake Remastered and both of the DLC's(PC). Bought myself Crysis 2 and 3 Remastered(PC).

I lied, hopping into the Crysis Trilogy. They did a wonderful port of it on Switch. Downloading now and will double dip once I can get a PS5.

Finishing my 100% run in Dread tonight (hopefully lol). After that it will be mostly Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii-U) and New Pokemon Snap.

Crysis 2!

Just got the both of the sequels and damn Crysis 2 looks and runs amazingly on Switch. It's even more impressive when I think that game never hit 30 fps on damn PS3 version. The games are very short, I'll prabably finish Crysis 2 this weekend and start Crysis 3 right away. But I'll definitely have some replays in the future, they deserve that.

• Some Fossil Roo in Final Fantasy IX. Wish me luck.
  • Divido boss in Blaster Master Zero 2.
  • Some Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
  • First hour or so of Grandia I in HD.

Currently playing Dying Light: The Following (on PS5), SMT: Nocturne, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. After watching that Animal Crossing Direct, I just purchased New Horizons digitally (owned it physically back at launch, but didn't play much). There was so much cool stuff shown, I've decided to give it another whirl.

Definitely gonna replay some Samus Returns. Also maybe i'll do a 4th playthrough of Dread since I find the game incredibly well built and fun.

This weekend should be pretty low key, so I’m hoping to get some game time in.

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair: I’ve got three levels left before attempting the Impossible Lair, so I’m hoping to wrap this one up this weekend. It’s a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 so far; I would not be upset at all if Playtonic were given the opportunity to work on the DKC franchise after this at all.

Metroid Dread: I seem to be missing only one ability, so I’m expecting to finish this up this weekend also. I’m excited, because spoiler talk is getting more and more pervasive.

Lots of Back 4 Blood along with my usual weekend FFXIV shenanigans. And any stuff the friends wanna play, like Nick All Star Brawl, Fall Guys.

I'll probably put in work to get things ready in Animal Crossing and try to complete dailies for Pokemon Unite and Dragalia Lost. Not sure if I can afford Dread right now if I have AC's dlc to look forward to, so I'm debating on trying Super Metroid for the first time. And for something not Nintendo, I finished ARR in FF14 about a month ago, and I think I'm about one quest line away from Heavensward now so I want to try and get on that.

Definitely gonna replay some Samus Returns. Also maybe i'll do a 4th playthrough of Dread since I find the game incredibly well built and fun.
Ok so I've just gone through the first 3 zones of Samus Returns. Having a great time with it tbh, didn't think it would be this cool since I remember SR as a very good game without being perfect. It has its flaws but right now the only bad thing about it is that my hands fucking HURTS, damn it's really hard to play this on 3DS lmao

We're in the middle of the night in France as I post, so I'll play more tomorrow, can't wait. This new playthrough was a good idea.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom