• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin' This Weekend, Fam? |9/8-9/10|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy weekend, pals! It's time for everyone's favorite weekly thread, where we get to tell everyone about our weekend plans and what games we're gonna be playing. You know the deal, so let's go!

If you can believe it, I actually finished Super Mario RPG last week. Incredible, I know! So instead, I'll once again try and focus on Final Fantasy XVI. I really gotta try and make a push to roll credits here soon, because this is getting ridiculous. I'm also gonna give Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis a shot, which just came out today for iOS and Android. Aside from that, I'll also try to play some Tearaway on the Vita, and also some retro stuff like TMNT Hyperstone Heist on the Genesis.

Have at it, friendos. Here's to a great weekend!

I'm going to be away from home this weekend so I won't be able to play Starfield.

I'll probably try to finish my 100% playthrough of DKC 2.

I want to continue to play Starfield, as the game is growing on me.

But after 11 crashes and twice as many freezes, significant framedrops and lags, I'm growing steadily less interested.

I started Starfield. I'm going to give it a chance over the weekend but I'm not too confident about my time with it so far

Chip away at P5R and start my tactician campaign in BG3 if I feel like sitting down for longer. Maybe some Armored Core.

I am making incremental progress in Chrono Cross and A Space for the Unbound (probably about a third of the way through each.)

Elsewhere, I am also playing the Switch version of the remastered Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 and the Game Boy Advance port of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 on Analogue Pocket. Hmm... what's a sequel of what? I'm familiar with the franchise, especially witnessing others play it over the years, but I didn't get a lot of hands-on experience. It feels great to get in the zone and get familiar with the controls and tricks.

Today is going to be some Splatoon 3, then Super Mega Baseball 4, then back to Splatoon 3 at 8PM for the rest of the weekend for the Splatfest. Go Team Shiver!

I am making incremental progress in Chrono Cross and A Space for the Unbound (probably about a third of the way through each.)

Elsewhere, I am also playing the Switch version of the remastered Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 and the Game Boy Advance port of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 on Analogue Pocket. Hmm... what's a sequel of what? I'm familiar with the franchise, especially witnessing others play it over the years, but I didn't get a lot of hands-on experience. It feels great to get in the zone and get familiar with the controls and tricks.
THPS 1+2 is so good on Switch. People rag on the joycons for not having a “real” dpad, but I truly think that the joycons are possibly the best controller for THPS I’ve ever used. The dpad buttons feel SO GOOD for it.

I'm at the final story quest in Final Fantasy XVI but I wasn't able to complete it before my trip to the families, so it will have to wait. I'll be playing Sea of Stars and probably some Final Fantasy X as well.

THPS 1+2 is so good on Switch. People rag on the joycons for not having a “real” dpad, but I truly think that the joycons are possibly the best controller for THPS I’ve ever used. The dpad buttons feel SO GOOD for it.

Nice. I've only used the switch pro controller so far, excited to try it portably.

It's funny, when I'm playing THPS 4 on the Analogue Pocket, the buttons are a barrage of clickety-clickety-click!

I may finally open Melon Journey Pocket. I’m really enjoying these small Game Boy games I can roll credits on in a few hours. It makes me feel a lot more accomplished than I normally am.

Otherwise, continue with Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and of course, Chrono Trigger (DS). I have a pretty busy weekend so probably not a ton of progress.

EDIT: I forgot I bought Ocean’s Heart on sale this week. I’ve been meaning to make time for that. I don’t expect an especially lengthy quest. Hopefully, I can run through it quickly.

Last edited:
think I’m approaching the end of Sephonie so I’m expecting to finish that, but I won’t be surprised if there’s a lot more left than it seems—I figured I’d enjoy it well enough but it’s turned out to be something really special. planning to post more about it once I’m done because I think people here ought to give it a shot

otherwise, still gradually getting a handle on No Man’s Sky

I'll be continuing with Future Redeemed, which I'm thoroughly enjoying. The latest episode of Telltale's The Expanse is also out, but I'm not sure if I'll get around to it.

It's the opening weekend of the Rugby World Cup after all, so gaming time might be limited.

Starfield baby, little starry sky
I want it on my hard drive
It’s just the way I want it to be
A million times emptier than Elder Scrolls 3

Dum de da da

(I am actually enjoying the game)

There is literally too much quality sport on to be able to get any gaming time in this weekend, but if there wasn't it would be Starfield.

The sport:
-Amazing opening weekend of Rugby World Cup
-Irish Open Golf
-US Open Tennis Finals
-Euro Championship Football Qualifiers (Ireland v Netherlands)
-NFL Week 1

Fucking whew. That's an insane slate. And I have a charity golf tourney to play in myself. No chance I touch a controller!

Mostly Civ VI and its Leader Pack dlc but I'm also jumping around few Switch games: Samba de Amigo (buttons only), Chants of Senaar (a surprise stealth hit), Rhapsody 2 and TMNT Shredder's revenge.

I've decided to check out fan translation of PS1 Tales of Phantasia and even though it's a bit anime for my tastes it's quite a comfy RPG.
I've also bought Sushi Striker, SMTIIIHD and Tales of Vesperia (is that the name? God, that series has THE worst names)

I'm still playing Master Detective Archives. It's wayyyy longer than I expected, but it's good. It's one of those games you really start to enjoy only 10 hours in, when all the mechanics have been explained.

Looks like i have an interesting weekend ahead, gaming wise:

Starfield
Procrastinating on It for a bit because i want enough free time to continue beyond the intro, so weekend it is. Looking good for now, save for the strange black levels on PC

Blasphemous
Want to play 2, but it's been too long since i dropped the first one and i can't summon back my previous skillset, so i'm restarting this one. Most likely on PS5, since i lack any sort of controller for 2D games on any other system now.

Pokémon Fire Red
I'm dead set on playing it to completion, and have decided to do a full Pokémon remake playthrough, at least up to ORAS.

As for where i'm now, for anyone interested in my progression, just before writing this post i took out the TRash in Celadon, and i'm about to tackle Erika's gym. This is my current team:
  • PiroDoggo the Growlithe (lv. 23) - Replacing Moonie until i can put my hands on the TMs i need. Stronger and sturdier than the Clefairy too, at least for the short term. Had to grind to level him up, so he slowed me down quite a bit.
  • ChuPika the Pikachu (lv. 25) - Teaching her Dig was the best idea ever, the little Pikachu has become a glass poison killer, but at this point in the game Sludge Bomb is starting to become a common move, so i'm forced to withdraw her quickly.
  • MsDriller the Fearow (lv. 24) - Evolved in the middle of the week and then... Nothing. Fast glass cannon, but the prevalence of poison pokémon between Lavender and Celadon makes her a bit of a dead weight since she has no super-effective moves agaisnt anything and will last two hits agaisnt anything remotely strong. Looking forward to team her up with PiroDoggo to beat Erika.
  • ElPreparao the Nidorino (lv. 27) - A motherfucking GODSEND in this point of the game. Rattatas and Raticates get poisoned by his Poison Point ability as soon as they use Hyper Fang, poison pokémon can barely hurt him, and his moveset makes him super-effective agaisnt a nice variety of enemies.
  • Raflessio the .shiny.*. Gloom (lv. 26) - A nice countermeasure to anything poison thanks to Cut and Sleep powder, usually taking care of Koffings or anything ElPreparao can't beat easily.
  • Blasto the Wartortle (lv. 30) - Despite being used basically as a last resort, he's leveled up quite a bit. Takes anything head on, and is pretty lucky making his adversaries flinch with Bite. I'll have him seat in the back while the others fight Erika and her lackeys.
Of course, Celadon means getting an Eevee, and i'm still pondering adding it to the team as a replacement for ChuPika, wich will likely suffer after the fourth baddge - fifth at most - unless i evolve her, wich will be way too soon based on a 3rd gen Pikachu's movepool and the limited availability of TMs. Decisions, decisions...

Also, not a game but i'll keep watching Gundam: The witch from Mercury this weekend if i have the time.

I swear one day I'll post a different game.

It's Zelda.

Still.

Did all the main quests, all that's left is to clean up a bit of the map and finish Side Adventures/Side Quests.

Anonymous;Code on Switch. Really in the mood for a game like this.

Armored Core VI on PS5. No plans this weekend so will get a lot of good time with this amazing video game.

Have to attend to work-related stuff unfortunately, so I'm keeping my weekend gaming plan short and simple: beat Balteus in Armored Core 6.

good-luck-gif-15.gif

I was going to play TOTK but EDGE's 10/10 for BG3 made me play that instead and delete TOTK.

But really, Starfield Xbox and Rune Factory 3 Switch.

I've been slowly making my way through Sea of Stars because the next game I'm buying (save for any major shadowdrops in the next Direct) is Wonder, and that's a bit far.

So I'll continue to chip away during this weekend.

Continuing to knock out puzzles in Talos Principle, mainly over morning coffee. Game is legit. Starting to get into some prettyyyyy, pretty tricky setups heading into the weekend.

I have treated myself to Armored Core VI! That’ll be the main event for the foreseeable future. Looking forward to busting out my digital paints and lit magnifying glass real soon. 💅 🤖

I'm gonna get into Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster for Switch, again. Impeccable game.

I'm replaying powerslave exhumed and it really is a great proto Metroid prime

Used to have it on PlayStation back in the day. There was nothing else like it. Played through the rerelease 100% not too long ago, for the very first time! Enjoy your time with it!

Mines much the same as the last few weeks, my time will be spent on Dragon Quest 11s as I really want to push on with it as I wanted to have it finished before end of October. I am enjoying my time with it though.

Outside of that, dabble a bit more in Olli Olli World and also try and squeeze a few matches in during Splatfest weekend on Splatoon 3

I swear one day I'll post a different game.

It's Zelda.

Still.

Did all the main quests, all that's left is to clean up a bit of the map and finish Side Adventures/Side Quests.
Respect knuckles!

🤜 🤛

I too continue the journey, it's been my main game for five-to-ten hours a week ever since its release. This is week sixteen, and I've finally "discovered" the paraglider fabric I always wanted- 😁

iu

Really delving into some of the deeper secrets the game has to offer, challenging some monsters I've avoided until now...

Other than some Splatoon 3 (#TeamShiver), I don't really have anything in mind yet.

Might be time to dip back into TotK and clean up some shrines and side quests. Might also get around to starting that space RPG everyone's always talking about; I am of course referring to Mass Effect Legendary Edition

The Mario+Rabbids SoH Season Pass and I just bought the TMNT Collection so I'm gonna play some of the games there

Avoiding Direct spoilers as best I can.

In all seriousness, I'll be getting my Splatfest on (#TeamBigMan) and hopefully some TotK as well. And working on job application stuff too.

I'm playing Sonic Origins! I'm really pleased by the change to give you infinite lives and let you retry special stages. I was finally able to beat Sonic 2! I remember I never could do it when I first played as a kid so long ago, since I would get stuck on the final bosses.

It's gonna be mostly Starfield again, but I'm going to make a point to try and also play Baldur's Gate 3 and FFXIV.

But man it's gonna be tough to pull away from Starfield lol.

My main plan this weekend is to enjoy the Aniplex Online Festival stream later today since it will have fun musical acts and anime news including info on the second Madoka film which I’ve waited ten years for. I’ll also be enjoying the last weekend of the Direct Speculation thread.

As for games, I’m playing Rain Code which doesn’t juggle well with the above, but I’m having fun getting into it as I finally reached the second mystery labyrinth. It’s definitely made by the Danganronpa team for better and for worse. I think I know who the next murderer is, but I haven’t figured out how they did it yet.

[/I think it’s the guy who is at every crime scene since if Halara’s Forte is accurate it is the first person who discovered the body who wasn’t the murderer so the paint can being spilled over means it’s the guy.SPOILER]

Well, saturday is coming to an end over here, and with it my first gaming day of the weekend. It went pretty well, all things considered.

First of all, it's my bday, we're pretty tight on money this month so my family gave me the best present they could: A completely uneventful day, wich their beautiful souls can't even begin to imagine how much i appreciate it.

My best friend, knowing that i sold almost all my controllers - including my Xbox Series con wich i used on PC - sent me the link of a fabulously pink Xbox Series controller on sale, what the poor bastard doesn't know is how deeply i love pink electronics, so that shit is coming home so hard it's going to leave flaming tire tracks on the road.

I mean, just look at it:

3347-microsoft-mando-inalambrico-xbox-series-one-pc-deep-pink-mejor-precio.jpg

Look at that pink-white-black color scheme

It's BEAUTIFUL

Ok, on to my gaming day.

Mane game today has been Pokémon Fire Red. I turned off the game yesterday before tackling the Celadon gym, and i was about to do it, but then i went window shopping, and after that i spent an embarrassing amount of time at the game corner (Hey! I had chosen a good slot machine! Lots of 777!), got the Eevee wich i named EesiDeesi (Foreshadowing ho!), got the Tea for those guards that refuse to let me into Saffron city and after all that, yes, i went to the gym.

The lackeys were easy, PiroDoggo did almost all the heavy lifting while MsDriller took matters into hands when the Growlithe was either too paralyzed, too poisoned or, you know, too fainted to do anything (Don't judge, i was overconfident. Yes, a fire Pokémon was defeated by one of Erika's lackeys), on the other hand Erika herself was pretty tough: Easily 7 levels on average over all the other trainers, having amazing luck when using Acid to lower my defenses, and both Tangela and Vileplume were too tankey to handle without proper strategy. ElPreparao finished the job once again, but funnily enough he lacked any super-effective move worth a damn (at that level, Peck is only useful on flying type pokémon)

After beating Erika, the game opens up. Now i can choose to go east (Saffron and Lavender) or south (Fuchsia), but before that i think it's time to make some changes on my team.

Starfield... I tried to play it, made some sidequests in the main city, paid a visit to my parents (i may regret choosing this perk soon, but the parents are so cute i just can't cancel it) and finally flew off to Mars, but it just feels strange playing it with a Dualsense, can't get used to play Gamepass games with anything other than an Xbox controller. Well, shoot.

Didn't play Blasphemous. Why, you may ask? Paralysis by choice! I have the game both on PC and Switch, and it's available on PS5 through PS Plus Premium. I spent around an hour trying to make a decision until i finally turned on my PS5 and launched...

Gran Turismo 7. Totally unplanned, but i closed the day with it. Just ran some races and completed the Kei Car menu without realizing it. I have to say, GT is still the only series that makes me feel comfortable driving high performance cars, they're actually usable here.

On my free time i've been watching Dawid Does Tech Stuff videos. I just was in the mood for his brand of dumb humor.

And that was it. Probably wont touch Starfield tomorrow, and will start Blasphemous instead. Looking forward for whatever's coming, and spending the afternoon watching The witch from Mercury

I've been playing Chants if Sennaar, which released a few days ago. It's more of an adventure game than I anticipated based on the rather puzzle-centric demo, but the language solving puzzle ties into everything nicely

It's great and I hope people find it.

I've been playing Chants if Sennaar, which released a few days ago. It's more of an adventure game than I anticipated based on the rather puzzle-centric demo, but the language solving puzzle ties into everything nicely

It's great and I hope people find it.
Super interested in this, immediately after reading its central subject!

Finished Powerslave exhumed and it's really good what they achieved back in the day with their proto metroid prime type of game. Once you have the full abilities the way you navigate previous levels changes and they did a good job to guide you without holding hands. Really the only thing that bother me is that in some levels you can't go back to the initial camel so you have to finish it, but it was mostly 1 level to get all the collectibles for the good ending. Also the music of the final boss always surprise me considering 95% of the game you are hearing egiptian motifs.

Now started curse crackers which released today, and I mentioned in the preview thread the game is a really good platformer, like Wario Land 3/4 level of good

I tried playing 13 Sentinels but I'm quickly losing interest for multiple reasons. I ended up playing some of Quest for Camelot and went through another playthrough of Zelda NES.

Sunday wasn't half bad in the end.

Went further than expected on Pokémon Fire Red. Finally, i decided agaisnt outright evolving the Celadon Eevee because it would take him a long while to be useful as an electric type Pokémon until learning Thunderbolt, and went to Lavender directly through Saffron. Saffron was basically full of TRash and almost useless aside of the fighting dojo, wich i tackled and, despite being severely underleveled; managed to beat with a combination of Poison Point poisoning by ElPreparao, tanking by Blasto, paralyzing by ChuPika and hit&run peck by MsDriller. Chose Hitmonchan as my prize, who is now known as HardyPunch, severely sarcastic name because the sensei's Hitmonchan elemental punches were weak as heck (that's what not having physical/special split does to a mofo)

Since Lavender was my destination, left HardyPunch in a newly designated PC box where i'll be putting my rotation Pokémon from now on, and climbed the Pokémon Tower. PiroDoggo and Blasto basically oblivierated the whole tower by using bite (i still can't understand the logistics of biting ghosts, so i had to turn my suspension of disbelief to eleven) while the TRash goons at the last floor were taken out mostly by ChuPika and Raflessio. Mr Fuji rescued, got the Pokéflute, yay! Next weekend i'll most likely have a big, plushy glutton in my team.

My team, at the end of the weekend, looks like this:

• Chupika the Pikachu (lv. 27) - Learned thunderbolt and reclaimed her place in my team as the electric rodent of doom, becoming viable for the second third of the game. For now at least. Saved Mr. Fuji from praying to exhaustion.
  • ElPreparao the Nidorino (lv. 30) - Guilty of poisoning the whole Saffron dojo, but became a bit useless in the Pokémon Tower since he doesn't have any viable attacks agaisnt ghosts.
  • PiroDoggo the Growlithe (lv. 28) - Bit (?) to death (?) at least half of the ghost (???) population of the Pokémon Tower and is not sorry in the least. Ember is starting to feel old and weak, needs a more powerful fire attack pronto.
  • MsDriller the Fearow (lv. 29) - Instilled fear in the hearts of the Saffron dojo lackeys, but couldn't do much more afterwards. Sat through the Pokémon Tower doing basically nothing, but leveled up enough in the Dojo to keep up with the rest of team.
  • Blasto the Wartortle (lv. 32) - Maimed down the other half of the Pokémon Tower, and is responsible for exorcising almost all the exorcists (?) in there, and before that tanked a lot of attacks in the dojo, including two of Hitmonlee's High Jump Kick.
  • Raflessio the ★shiny★ Gloom (lv.26) - Lowest level in the team, but has earned the title of The Koffing Slayer. Most precise sleep powderer at this side of Kanto.
Most likely i'll go south now, get the good rod, fish a little and try to get a Snorlax. I want to re-arrange my team before tackling Saffron, wich will mean lots of grinding, too.

I hope you guys are enjoying these summaries. I'm having a blast writing them.

Started Blasphemous, too! At first i didn't mean to go too far, but ended up playing until beating Ten Piedad. Spanish dub is superb, though i'm not sure if i agree with having the important characters speaking in mesetarian/castillan spanish and the low civilians speaking with andalusian accent. Game is clearly based on the andalusian mythos, everyone should have the same accent.

The rest of the time? A couple of Dawid Does Tech Tips videos, but a lot of The Witch of Mercury after that! Started at the end of the first season and logged off right at the last stretch of the show (Ep 22)

Man, it really takes a dark turn in the second season, and i've cried for Suletta more than i'm willing to admit. It made me very interested in Gundam, btw. Lots of politics mixed with giant mechs, i want to check the series from the start now.

Finished Powerslave exhumed and it's really good what they achieved back in the day with their proto metroid prime type of game. Once you have the full abilities the way you navigate previous levels changes and they did a good job to guide you without holding hands. Really the only thing that bother me is that in some levels you can't go back to the initial camel so you have to finish it, but it was mostly 1 level to get all the collectibles for the good ending. Also the music of the final boss always surprise me considering 95% of the game you are hearing egiptian motifs.
Got it on a whim after John hyped it to death on a regular DF Retro and then on a second video for the remaster. It's surprising how much of a proto-Metroid Prime is. It's a very unique game, perphaps too unique for its time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom