• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin' This Weekend, Fam? |4/14-4/16|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
480cc50c6d80bbf74464e6154e485d2f6f9318d8r1-371-209_hq.gif

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!
Welcome to your weekly weekend thread were we talk about all the games we're gonna spend every last second of our free time with. Whether it's a new release, something you've dredged up from the depths of your backlog, some kinda multiplayer game, or even a mobile time-waster, we wanna hear about it!

-----------------------------------------------
My now playing list is pretty much the same as it's been for the last few weeks:

tenor.gif

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)

I'm onto the second half of the game now, in a somewhat mad dash to try and finish the whole thing before the end of the month when my second child will be born and all my gaming time disappears. I'd love to play the Yuffie DLC as well, but we'll see! FF7R is amazing though. Every moment I spend in the game is a joy.

OIP.rYLFdDc0gAZOfmjhrXECfgAAAA

MLB The Show 23 (XSS)

I'm slowly working my way through the Negro Leagues story mode. The stories about the players are great, but the missions that go with the stories are kinda repetitive. I'll work on seeing it through to the end, and then I'll probably move onto Road to the Show.

-----------------------------------------------------

That's it! Have a great weekend folks!​

I'll continue my journey across Solistia in OT2 - what a game it is.
Will probably play some multiplayer with some friends at some point to... maybe some pubg

also: Congrats on the family news! =)

Going to try and finish Crisis Core Reunion - I keep dropping it for the shiny new thing and would like it done before TOTK. I've also go the FF1 pixel remaster coming next week, the increased XP option made it worthwhile for me to get so that grinding won't be as painful.

I've been on a roll with Fire Emblem Engage, beat Chapter 17 yesterday (it was insanity) and on the weekend I plan to do some paralogues and maybe move to Chapter 18 as well.

Technically I don't have the game or the PS5 to play it on yet, but once my friend drops off his unit at my place, then I'm gonna dive straight into God of War: Ragnarok.

I'm on an NSO thing at the minute

I've Super Metroided, Super Mario Worlded, and now I'm Paper Mario-ing on the N64 emulator

I was a non Nintendo child (with a couple of exceptions) so this is all new and very fun

Technically I don't have the game or the PS5 to play it on yet, but once my friend drops off his unit at my place, then I'm gonna dive straight into God of War: Ragnarok.
yesssssss

Enjoy it. It was easily my GOTY last year.

Probably Tales of Symphonia got tired of waiting for a patch. Not sure if I'll play anything else this weekend.

Resident Evil 4! I made some good progress last weekend, but I haven't even got to touch it this week. I'm at the Castle, the best part of the original game, so I'm excited to see that through.

Phoenix Wright has been my bedtime game and MLB will be my "I'm too tired to think and want to listen to this podcast" game.

Good weekend to all.

I started playing God of War (2018) on PS5 so I might make more progress on that this weekend. Gonna be honest though I’m getting annoyed at how much of an ass Kratos is as a dad lol. The “boy” talk is too degrading for me.

I’ve also been playing Ikenfell slowly on my Switch. Cute game!

ezgif.com-gif-maker14pyk51.gif

Returnal
Returnal
Returnal
Returnal
Returnal

The game continues to amaze and astound as I approach the conclusion of one Selene's end. (?)

The
abyssal scar
area is spooooookyyyyy 👻

Still playing Ocarina of Time for the first time (3DS version). I just hit the Water Temple and this game is incredible. It still holds up really well and the feeling of discovery is great. Looking forward to wrapping this up and hopefully playing Majora's Mask before Tears drops.

Gravity Rush 2! Going to speed my playthrough up a bit as Zelda TOTK draws near. Not even sure if I'm halfway through the game or not.

Undecided, just knocked a game off my backlog and trying to decide if I’m starting Nier replicant, going back to FEWTH or metal wolf chaos or doing something else entirely

Finished RE4 during the week, which was awesome. After messing with Mercenaries a bit more I think I might start a new playthrough basically right away, which I rarely do. I even bought myself a dumb costume pack!

Main order of business will be finishing up 13 Sentinels, or at least getting close. Absolutely wild game. Never really played anything quite like it. Noticed today that another Vanillaware game, GrimGrimoire, just had a re-release like a week ago on Switch and has a demo to boot! Missed that one back on the PS2, so it’ll be fun to give it a try.

Otherwise, some more Diablo II.

Dust: An Elysian Tale. For a game released over 10 years ago this sure does look pretty on the Switch! Love how the Switch opens up such a large back catalogue of games across consoles of previous generations.

That will probably be it. Maybe a Sudoku or some Wario Land 3, but I'm working so time poor, and Advance Wars is just around the corner...

Fantasian on the phone for me, plus picking away at runs on Wildfrost. That will probably be about it -- some big drops next week with Advance Wars and the Pixel Remasters landing.

Carrying on with Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, I’m currently part way through the Android/Cell saga and it’s been pretty good overall. Nothing spectacular but as far as DB fan service goes this is great!

Dust: An Elysian Tale. For a game released over 10 years ago this sure does look pretty on the Switch! Love how the Switch opens up such a large back catalogue of games across consoles of previous generations.

That will probably be it. Maybe a Sudoku or some Wario Land 3, but I'm working so time poor, and Advance Wars is just around the corner...
Oh that’s in my backlog too XD

I’m playing Like A Dragon Ishin this weekend. I had kept largely putting it off since I knew I’d get back to it and the time is now. I’m having an awesome time and it’s probably my favorite new game this year so far. I’m invested in the story, the gameplay is very fun, and there’s just so much awesome side content to enjoy (dungeon crawling, farming/cooking, fishing, karaoke, etc.). I think I’m starting to wrap up most of the side content I’m interested in (I’ve finished over 70% of the substories), so very soon I’ll be all in on the main story which I’m just shy of 50% completed.

If I finish Ishin this weekend, Golden Sun is up next.

Another different weekend, fam! There's a new console in town, so it needs to be added to the menu.

For this weekend, i have planned:

Spiderman

I leaves PS Plus Premium next month (seriously, Sony!?) and i'm curious about it, so i started the game yesterday and plan to play a decent chunk of it, with views of purchasing it later if i get hooked.

Forza Horizon 5 - Rally Adventure

I haven't been able to give it a good play time this week, honestly, so most likely i'll be giving it more attention. I have to admit though, the Team bullshit kinda turns me off, just let me chose different flavors of rally tracks, dammit!

Zelda: Breath of the Wild

While i completed it on Wii U, the TotK trailer got me returning to it on Switch, where i'm halfway to Vah Nabooris. I'd like to finish it before TotK releases, at least all beasts and memories.

There's also a 7* Tera raid on Pokémon Scarlet, and Gran Turismo 7 on remote has become a lazy play game for me, so there's that too, but those are merely footnotes.

I'll be continuing with Chained Echoes. I'm 14 hours in and the game has opened up with side quests, recruitable characters for a base, and Sky Armour all entering the mix. I'll aim to make a chunk more progress ahead of Advance Wars next weekend.

I'll be continuing with Chained Echoes. I'm 14 hours in and the game has opened up with side quests, recruitable characters for a base, and Sky Armour all entering the mix. I'll aim to make a chunk more progress ahead of Advance Wars next weekend.
I think I’m gonna give Chained Echoes a try! The stuff I actually subbed to Game Pass for is looking like a bust, and I’ve heard nothing but good things.

Still need to beat Magalor Epilogue, so maybe some more Kirby.

Beyond that, MMBN Legacy Collection and FFXIV. For the former, I'm going through in order, which unfortunately means yes, I'm playing MMBN1. At least it gets better from here. Well, except for 4.

Continuing Stranger of Paradise and having a blast with it.

Going to return to Metroid Fusion tonight, was really enjoying it last I played it.

May pick up the Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection (what a mouthful), since I've never played those and love Mega Man games and want to support the IP. Such a great year for Capcom games in general.

Hunting monsters with the power of flatulence in Live A Live! Maybe some Splatoon 3 but I'm not sure I'm feeling it this weekend as the event this weekend just sounds excruciating to me and I sort of want to keep up the little momentum I have with LaL right now.

Also it's a state holiday on Monday so I get some extra time and might do some solo board gaming too.

Finished 13 Sentinels today and while my brain reassembles itself after exploding into a thousand pieces, I'm taking a moment to reflect on how much fun I've had playing games this year so far. Been playing almost nothing but hits. My last three games in particular have been damn-near perfect in my estimation: Octopath Traveler II, Resident Evil 4 and now 13 Sentinels. Tough to complain!

Back
Top Bottom