• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin' This Memorial Day Weekend, Fam? |5/26-5/29|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
America fami, rejoice! It's officially the start of summer and we get to bask in our bug spray, campfire smoke, and sprinklers during our three day weekend, all while playing Zelda.

Welcome to your weekly Whatcha Playin This Weekend thread, where you can share all about the games you're planning on spending your time with over the next few days. New games, old games, live service games, board games, and everything in-between are welcome here. Get to it!

I'm gonna be playing Zelda like the rest of the world when I can find the time. Having a new baby and a two year-old is, uhh, draining, and doesn't leave me with a lot of time for games. But I squeeze gaming time in when I can!

I think I'm going to play through Super Mario Advance once it goes up on NSO. Really nostalgic for it, got it with my launch GBA..

Zelda oof course, but I'm determined to finish the story this weekend since next week is suffering weekend with Etrian Oddysey

I think I’ll finish the story up in Zelda this weekend. I’m still gonna play it after that, but I’ll slow down the pace a little bit from “literally every free moment I have” while I prepare for Diablo IV!

Borderline a little strange having all these video games coming out after the last few years

I am still just completely lost in ToTK. However, I did pick up The Case of The Golden Idol today as something to unwind with before bed. I had a quick peek at the gameplay early and it seems very Obra Dinn like, for any fans of that!

I'm also playing Warhammer 40k boltgun as a quick pick up and play when I don't have time for a proper ToTK session. I really don't know alot about Warhammer other than it has a very cool aesthetic but I love love love old school doom/quake style shooters and it is just exactly that :)

I unfortunately have something to do today that will probably take all day but tomorrow is 100% Zelda. Sunday and Monday is work.

Still on Zelda, temples are done and only a few shrines left (the hard to find ones). I expect to be done with it this week. This has been one exhausting game.

Zelda....I just got past beggining area and I know once Diablo comes out I'm going to be preoccupied with that. Kinda struggling with Zelda atm as I feel like the first part of the game is fairly slower and tutorialish than Botw was. But I think I am at the point where I can just run around and do w/e.

I'll be out of town most of the weekend and will be playing Octopath Traveler II over Zelda for two reasons - I've only been playing Zelda on the TV so far, and OT2 is easier to stop and start.

Zelda but this time I'll be finishing the story and then explore the rest of the game at my own leisure.

Earlier reports that I would be taking a break from TOTK due to a camping trip were false. I brought it with me.

I actually managed to finish Metroid Prime Remastered last weekend. 🥳

I’m not feeling confident about going back to Breath of the Wild so my plan is to finally finish Metroid: Samus Returns. I have to start over though.

I’m off next week so maybe I’ll get around to saving Hyrule.

I’m about halfway through Zelda so I’m going to continue with that. I turned on all of the lights, so now I’m focusing on my last 66 shrines and then will tackle the Gerudo and Zora main story quests.

I should just copy paste my posts for this thread since they won’t change for months.

Zeruda.

My main weekend plan is to try and continue Tears of the Kingdom's main quest withoug getting hopelessly sidetracked. I know i will fail but eh, who cares.

Yesterday i went to enable another tower, then i landed on some random sky island, fought a golem, completed a shrine, fell back to the surface, found an underground hole, activated two roots, went back to the surface, found a hidden passage under the castle citadel, spent an hour and half exploring, found a piece of armor, killed an Stalnox, and had to teleport back to safety because i was left without weapons and arrows.

And i was on my way to Death Mountain.

Fucking crazy.

Also, trying to complete a mission on Dead Cells for Playstation Stars, so i guess i'm playing that too.

Oh, and Gran Turismo 7

As a side note, both my Game Pass Ultimate and Playstation Plus Premium subs are running out starting June. PS made me a 25% discount offer for renovation if i take if before the month ends, so i guess i'm staying there. Can't afford both subs right now, wich is a shame because Forza seemingly releases next month.

Imagine having a 3 day weekend.

But it whatever free time I have will be Xenoblade 2, Honkai Star Rail, and Darksiders 2.

Zelda on my Switch.

Not sure yet for PS5, might start Jedi Survivor, do a replay of Guardians of the Galaxy, or just get the bonus rewards in Fork Knife

I've had so little time for video games this past week (been down a board gaming shaped rabbit hole and focusing on that) so I'm trying to make ammends this weekend. Didn't really succeed yesterday since I spent most of the free time either hiking in the woods or organizing some of my board games. But tonight I'm getting some TotK time in and hopefully some Live A Live tomorrow, although I also want to play some tabletop stuff like Sentinels of the Multiverse or Pandemic because clearly the board gaming side of my brain needs to be scratched right now.

Oh and finally watching Quantumania so I'm current before going to see Guardians 3 at some point in the near future

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom