• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam?

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy Friday, fami! We’ve made it through another week somehow. It’s time to rest, relax, and play some video games! What are you gonna be spending your free time with this weekend?

I’ll be playing more Final Fantasy XVI. I’m ten hours in and absolutely loving it. The latest update that added camera and motion blur options have given the game some nice QOL features. The combat is engaging as heck, and the story looks like it’s about to get insane. Plus, Cid is hot. Love that game.

I’ll also spend some time with Clone Hero which I just set up last night. I’m super LTTP on this, but as someone who spent an ungodly amount of time playing Guitar Hero as a teenager, this game is a dream come true.

Have at it pals! Hope you all have a great weekend. Happy gaming!

I’m hoping to play Trails Into Reverie this weekend, but I got caught in NISA’s online store update debacle so that seems unlikely 🙃. That’s ok though, since I’m really enjoying Final Fantasy XVI and I still need to dive into Rain Code. Should be a nice calm weekend for me.

Just did a run of Espagaluda II. I've taken to playing arcade-y games for now. I'm preparing for an overseas trip later this month, I have several film viewings planned with friends, and there's a fresh batch of new anime that are awaiting my perusal. So I'm not expecting a lot of gaming time for the foreseeable future.

Well, summer is in full force now, so my main game this weekend is going to be Wave Race 64. Let's see if i can go through Normal mode this time (you know, with the spiky obstacles and stuff)

Also, Euro Truck Simulator 2 once again. I've set my next ofjective on filling Spain with garages: One per city! It's expensive af, so i better make some deliveries.

And i'm going to finally start my replay of Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, though i'll probably end up using either the 3DS version or the Switch version. Ace Attorney plays better on handheld, full stop.

Also side game: Rogue Legacy 2. I used to play the first one in short bursts and i'll do the same with the sequel. Amazing series by Cellar Door Games.

Slowly progressing through FF16. Not a big fan. On Switch mostly Rain Code (frontrunner for my GOTY this year) and Enclave HD (didn't expected this to be this fun). I also just bought the recent shadowdrop The Settlers New Allies, played a few hours of it. Between my sessions i have few matches of AEW Fight Forever and DNF Duel.

I got a friend into Xenoblade 2, so I’ll probably be watching her play a bit tonight when we hang out. I’ll also be continuing with Ghost Trick.

This weekend I am not playing The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.

I will be playing Final Fantasy I, and perhaps starting an NSO game or getting some Salmon Run time in. I might revisit the Wave 4 tracks on Kart ahead of Wave 5 releasing next week.

Mostly I’ll be sticking with Triangle Strategy, which I’m all-in on at this point. The pace can be slow, with nearly an hour of walk and talks between battles at times, but the more you give to this game the more you get. Just exceptionally well thought out and put together, and I can’t wait to get deeper. On Chapter IX now and shit has officially popped way off.

…I am now also in receipt of a nine week-ish old kitten who has got to play. So I will be playing him in turn

Probably more Bloodborne, currently banging my head against Martyr Logarius or whatever their name is.

Just did a run of Espagaluda II. I've taken to playing arcade-y games for now. I'm preparing for an overseas trip later this month, I have several film viewings planned with friends, and there's a fresh batch of new anime that are awaiting my perusal. So I'm not expecting a lot of gaming time for the foreseeable future.
Same. I've been playing a lot of ACA NEOGEO Baseball Stars 2 recently.

Continuing Final Fantasy 16. I'm about halfway through, and while I'm not crazy about the game, I am looking forward to seeing how the story wraps up.

I’d like to beat Alundra this weekend though I may need next weekend as well.

I’m modding a GBA for a friend so I may not have time for anything else.

I went back finished all the shrines in Zelda TOTK, so now I can focus on FF16 100% again + the latest update improves a couple of my gripes with the game.

I've been getting back into Splatoon 3 a lot more recently somehow, glad I'm having fun again :)

As said on the Pikmin 4 thread, I completed Pikmin 1, 2 and 3 Deluxe from last sunday to today, so I might play again Hey! Pikmin so we've come full circle. Not sure if I'll have the patience to play it to the end, tho.

I'm approaching the end of FFXVI, but I don't know if I'll have the time to beat it this weekend. If not, I think I'll definitely be done by next weekend. Really loving the game, even the "slow" parts.

I’m on chapter 12 of the Claude route in FEWTH(my second route) and may try to finish that. Almost wrapped up crusader of centy. May try to start AI Somnium files as my new evening game and decide on my pacebreaker from FEWTH. Oh and finish the Grimgrimore once more demo

Trails Into Reverie! I missed out on the limited special edition, but I was luckily able to get the deluxe version on time. There's also a chance that I finish Radiant Historia, since I am very close to the end.

Bouncing between Minecraft and Rimworld. Rimworld is about to hold me down until Pikmin 4 because every time I start up a new world I put in 100 hours or so....

I'll be playing the second half of Ghost Trick and finishing up Pikmin 2.

After that, I have nothing really on my Switch backlog. I'll need a recommendation while we wait for Pikmin 4.
Some games on sale atm -

Superliminal
Dredge
Dungeons of Dreadrock (very fun puzzler for $2.47)
Phoenotopia Awakening (been likened to Zelda 2).

I'll need a recommendation while we wait for Pikmin 4.
If you haven’t got around to it yet and want to keep the ghostiness going, I’d recommend Oxenfree! It’s $2 on the eShop right now, or free on mobile with a Netflix sub. Sequel is out next week (will also be included w/ Netflix). It has the best presentation of the paranormal that I’ve seen in a game!

I... have not decided. Having just recently completed Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I was listening to podcasts and videos on what I had missed out on. Seems like the game would have a greater impact on me if I had already played XC1. I didn't

After TOTK and XC2, two massively long game, I just want something short and sweet. Looking at my backlog, that means either one of these two.

Catherine: Full Body
New Pokemon Snap

Or I can just spent the entire weekend watching Xenoblade lore videos to hype myself for XC3.

It may be a busy weekend, but I'm getting back into the groove of Persona 5 Royal.

Same 3 games for me haha

TotK
AEW: Fight Forever
Sonic Origins Plus

Hoping to finish Sonic and Zelda this month and then start something new.

Happy Friday, fami! We’ve made it through another week somehow. It’s time to rest, relax, and play some video games! What are you gonna be spending your free time with this weekend?

I’ll be playing more Final Fantasy XVI. I’m ten hours in and absolutely loving it. The latest update that added camera and motion blur options have given the game some nice QOL features. The combat is engaging as heck, and the story looks like it’s about to get insane. Plus, Cid is hot. Love that game.

I’ll also spend some time with Clone Hero which I just set up last night. I’m super LTTP on this, but as someone who spent an ungodly amount of time playing Guitar Hero as a teenager, this game is a dream come true.

Have at it pals! Hope you all have a great weekend. Happy gaming!

The chap who voices Cid is a proper Yorkshireman (as I say this sipping on tea), great to hear some fellow Northern England voices in a FF game in a prominent role. And yes, Cid is indeed hot (man crush!) and amazing in this game. But then so is Clive.

I too am also playing FFXVI and really enjoying it a lot. Even enjoying the side quests as they are immersing me ever more into the world. Must be around 20-25 hours in now.

Also been playing some Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2, started last night and will finish tonight. Game is absolutely brilliant. Inti Creates always provides great 2D gaming.

Also been playing a lot of Master Detective Archives: Rain Code from the creators of Danganronpa which mightily toppled the mighty Eikons FFXVI and TotK off their thrones to be the number one game in Japan this week (heh). Really enjoying this anime nonsense, running around the neon lit cyberpunk city and solving all the crazy mysteries. This is another really immersive adventure game. Especially enjoying the soundtrack from Masafumi Takada, which is my personal game soundtrack of the year so far.

I will restart TotK because I am seriously lost, die continuesly and have no clue where I should go lol.

For me it'll probably be a mix of MH Rise Sunbreak, Persona 5 Royal, and the Pikmin 4 demo, which I just can't stop playing OMG send heeelp

So yeah, great weekend ahead! ;D

This weekend: continuing RainCode (just finished the Prologue), in the middle of that Ill be slowing making my way through CS4 in prep for Reverie (copy still has not been shipped). But I've recently been wanting to go back to Bravely Default 2 for some reason lol.

If you haven’t got around to it yet and want to keep the ghostiness going, I’d recommend Oxenfree! It’s $2 on the eShop right now, or free on mobile with a Netflix sub. Sequel is out next week (will also be included w/ Netflix). It has the best presentation of the paranormal that I’ve seen in a game!
Ah, I've played that one friend! But I liked it a lot, so kudos for a good recommendation!

I finished FF16 and I'm now playing my first ever Yakuza game in Yakuza 7. I'm quickly discovering why I've heard so many good things about the Yakuza series.

Continue with my FF16 playthrough, I am hooked bro, the plot and characters have been amazing so far. Sadly, I had one very important plot point spoiled by one of those chicken shit -scumbag YouTube channels who apparently make a living doing this kind of shit. but oh well....

We had some Mario Karting going on me and the family before the kids went to bed. It was a great time!

Then it was TotK time and I finally beat one of the bigger main quests which I've been working on for a few weeks it seems :p and I'm all just this close to naming it the best single player game of all time. What a game. Lucky for me, I probably have another 100 or so hours left of it (if I want to) but probably not so many if I decide to beat the story.

There's also a chance I might play some Diablo 4 and Trinity Trigger.

Picked Persona 5 Royal back up. They changed the fourth palace a LOT from vanilla, kind of find the changes disorienting. On the flip side, I'm loving Akechi's Confidant in this game, he's much more interesting in Royal.

Despite beating it on the worst ending I can't stop thinking about Fear & Hunger. Probably buying the second game on the steam sale.
There's something about absolutely needlessly cruel video games that resonates with me.

Playing more Raincode after a busy week. On Chapter 2 now and it’s getting more and more interesting the further in I get. It’s really intriguing to see the ways the game is both similar and also very different from Danganronpa.

I've been messing around stress testing my retroid a ton, but mainly I stuck with Soul Calibur 2 to troubleshoot some presumed particle effect issues, but I beat the castlevania dlc to Dead Cells on Android and have been playing it a ton!
Also wild rift as per usual but that's just my bread and butter at this point.

Playing lots of things at once lol, so not sure which I will get to this weekend, if any really - Super Mario Bros. 3, Metroid Dread, Marvel's Spider-Man, Xenoblade Chronicles 1, Valorant

I've been working on a ship for the past five months and haven't had absolutely any time to play anything. (not being able to play TOTK with Fami has been killing me, lol) But today we were docked in Italy, and I was able to get my hands on a copy of Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life. I've been getting a little extra free time lately, and was thinking having a pick-up & play would be nice, so the timing was perfect. I had played the original as a kid a bit, but really don't remember much, so this will basically be my first go at this instalment. Very excited to dive in tonight, and escape for a bit!

Unlocked level 3 star road level in NSMUDX with nephew. He lost like 20 lives so far now (it's the level where you have to hit the p switch constantly to actually have platforms ) and I asked him "why don't you use a p acorn? even if you fall you can fly" and just told me "'cause I'm not weak. I cleared champion's road, I can clear this"

Finally jumping right back into Fire Emblem Engage now that my active game catalogue has cleared up a bit.

I'll be finishing my second 100% playthrough of the Pikmin 4 Demo as well.

I'm also making my way through Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC. Despite what I've said, I really do enjoy this game a lot and the battle system is loads of fun.

Unlocked level 3 star road level in NSMUDX with nephew. He lost like 20 lives so far now (it's the level where you have to hit the p switch constantly to actually have platforms ) and I asked him "why don't you use a p acorn? even if you fall you can fly" and just told me "'cause I'm not weak. I cleared champion's road, I can clear this"
That’s awesome!

Back
Top Bottom