• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |6/21-6/23| Summer Vibes ☀️

Started RE4 remake last night and made it to chapter 3. Loving it so far. The Wii edition is easily in my top 10 games of all time. I’m enjoying the little differences here and there between this and the original. I’ve died numerous times, lol… Still getting used to the controls and button functions, trying to find a perfect setup that feels natural. Only thing I’m bummed about is the XSX controller has no gyro . Would really come in handy for general aiming and accurate headshots.

Going to have a picnick tomorrow with friends, they live an hour away and since I'm a passenger princess I plan on playing some Tomodachi Life in the car.

I've finished

• Stick to the Plan (alright puzzle game, not all the levels worked that well)
  • Marsupilami Hoobadventure (surprisingly good for a licensed platforming game with 68 Metascore, could have been a tad more difficult, but seriously, play this game if you like platformers)

and played some UFO: Unidentified Falling Objects (tougher than I expected, but fun enough).

I should try to get back to Final Fantasy VII Remake. I'm quite close to the end I think, but haven't quite been grabbed by it at any point.

Wario Land sure is a different game compared to Mario Land! Wario is so slooooow. This game features the rare Nintendo tutorial fail: it doesn’t do anything to teach you how to interact with checkpoints and level exits. I had to go to YouTube to find out how to finish the second level.

This week I replayed Wind Waker hd (I mean it’s not like Nintendo will ever rerelease it on the switch) and I got so into it that I’ve completed it 100% for a second time, I also played it for the first time with the crawfish pajama.
I finished right now and I loved it more than the first time and it’s now easily in my top 5 favorite zelda games and it ain’t number 5.

I'm currently playing through the remake of Paper Mario TTYD. I'm currently at the X-Naut Fortress and I'm gonna try to get through it and clear Chapter 7 after work.

Currently on vacation but I brought my Switch so I’ve been playing Metroid II on NSO. Not very impressed by it at the moment, despite really liking 2D Metroid games in general.

Surely I'll finish Zero Mission today but I decided to start The Quarry yesterday and now it's all I think about lol.

I'm playing Metroid Prime 2 and not enjoying it in the slightest hahaha
Prime 2 seems to get a lot of praise these days esp. around here, but in my playthrough of the trilogy a few years ago it was easily my least favorite

Bit too much "annoying and difficult for the sake of being annoying and difficult" design philosophy for my tastes. Like an old-school expansion that's just "the same, but harder", or Mario 2 The Lost Levels being "for super players"

Prime 2 seems to get a lot of praise these days esp. around here, but in my playthrough of the trilogy a few years ago it was easily my least favorite

Bit too much "annoying and difficult for the sake of being annoying and difficult" design philosophy for my tastes. Like an old-school expansion that's just "the same, but harder", or Mario 2 The Lost Levels being "for super players"
It's really unintuitive in general. The progression is stalled all the time and going back and forth between dark world/light world, the elevators, etc... there is no fluidity like the first one or the 2d games.

The announcement of the Marvel collection got me in a Capcom mood, so I booted up the Capcom Fighting Collection for the first time in a while and played some Darkstalkers and Puzzle Fighter. That era of Capcom was really something special.

After finishing Metroid Zero Mission, I've started Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.

I love the writing, game has made me laugh a bunch of times already.

Me and the littles are working through paper mario 2. On chapter 3 right now, should get Vivian in our party soon. Yoshi Kid is so funny

Ended up playing no Octopath at all, wasn't in the mood. Instead, I fired through Animal Well.

What a game.

Destiny 2. My wife asked me to grind her character so she can raid with us next Tuesday. I’ll probably just be farming class items for her with my husband.

My weekend report - posting it early tonight as I am wiped out from the awesome beach trip I had today with friends. I ultimately didn’t play too much this weekend. I’m still in Magia Record Scene 0 Film 4, and while I didn’t see too much more I did hit the big story beat for this Film where Madoka uses her wish to save Nagisa. I mentioned in my post on Friday where Scene 0 could go either way for me and this is definitely the kind of development that’s interesting to me. Really eager to get back to that soon.

As for the PS3/Vita backlog tackling I’m doing, I finished Hyperdminension Neptunia 2. I liked the main characters and some of the cutscenes well enough and the RPG gameplay was a clear improvement, but the structure of the game was a drag, and the amount of gross content shot up. I don’t recommend it. Hope to play some better games this week.

I didn’t get around to playing any Vice City this weekend. But I did play through Super Mario Land 2, I got maybe a quarter of the way through Wario Land 1, and I played a very unique shooter, Syvalion, for a retro game club that I participate in.

Back to the grind. See you next weekend!

I did manage to get a lil gaming in, only F-Zero 99 though to unlock the one cosmetic I missed.

The game might be content complete but we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom