• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |6/16-6/18|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy Friday! Tell us all about the games you’re gonna spend your free time with this weekend!

I’ll mostly be playing WHAT THE CAR? which is a sequel to WHAT THE GOLF? on Apple Arcade. You play as a car with legs. It’s wacky and silly in all the ways WHAT THE GOLF? is. Tons of fun. Definitely worth subbing to Apple Arcade for a month.

I’ll also keep dipping my toes into Street Fighter 6, as well as continuing my playthrough of Super Mario RPG. I gotta make as much progress as I can with these, because all my attention will be turned to FFXVI next week!

Have a great weekend, pals!

Gotta get some more catalogue levels in Splatoon 3. Gonna hopefully go for one of the badges in the Summer Camp event. And of course, some Super Mega Baseball 3 and Stardew Valley.

Continuing on with my rogue in Diablo IV. After cramming 100 hours of Zelda so quickly, it’s been nice to play this for just a couple hours a week. I’m sure I will be playing this on and off for years to come. No need to rush it! Will probably end up starting one more character before seasons begin, then give all that stuff a try with a third character.

Was about to start a replay of Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age to ease the pain of missing XVI, but then my library hold on Advance Wars came in! Didn’t take long to remember why I loved these games growing up. Easy to understand, but deceptively complex as well. I’m about 3/4 through the original, maybe I can finish the first game and start in on the second by Monday. Maybe not though; things are getting pretty tough!

... still Zelda! 110 hours in and currently mapping the Depths somewhat, which has left me low on food and arrows. So I'll probably look for an efficient way to restock, and then either head to my fourth regional phenomenon quest, or continue to map the Depths.

Plenty of Street Fighter VI. This is the weekend before Final Fantasy.

Also, I've been in a Mega Man kick lately. We will see where that goes.

Resting my hands after absolutely murdering them playing Zelda. I haven’t played anything in two weeks and they’re still bothering me (I have an underlying health condition that makes it hard to play for long periods of time). Hopefully they’ll be back to normal for FFXVI next weekend.

A bit of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion. It seems like getting through the story won't take too long, but wow, there are a ton of side missions. More keep appearing for every one I complete.

I am going to be away from my PS5 on Sunday, so maybe I'll do a bit more of Grandia on my switch when I have down time. I'm still adjusting to its visuals and gameplay, but hopefully it hooks me as I play it more.

Steamrolling my second route in FEWTH thanks to NG+ carryover. Still have an ending left in Nier replicant but not really in the mood right now. Don’t have an Xbox focus game at the moment. Seeing which jrpg I’m continuing/get the vibes in(mainly FVIII and Ryza) before I pick my next evening chill game

Rolled credits for TotK but I’m still having fun frolicking in that playground. I think Zelda really kindled my enthusiasm for gaming so aside from that, I’ll continue Great Ace Attorney (I think I’m about to finish the fourth case), and Shinsekai. Maybe also take Into The Breach for a spin.

Picking Contact back up on DS (think I was nearing the end game) and finishing Hotel Dusk.

After beating those I'll start Power of Illusion on 3DS and In Sound Mind on PS5.
Oh yeah and I should finish Callisto Protocol...I guess...lol. Ehhh.

Gonna replay the Prince of Persia SNES, the trailer got me hyped so time to return t othe classic

Been a bit too mentally checked out recently to focus properly on games, but I hope to chip away at some Mario sometimes.

I have finished 5 of the 8 character stories in Octopath Traveler II. I could see myself finishing the story for Ochette (my main) this weekend too.

I've generally been feeling like I need to take a moment with some smaller experiences after so much OT2 and Zelda (which I am actually paused at a very exciting moment in the desert, waiting for my gaming stamina to build back up for a strong second wind to keep playing again.)

So with that in mind, I started Metroid Fusion last night and am quite liking it so far. I'm not too far yet. I just got the morph ball.

Paranormasight will probably get a little love this weekend too, especially if I feel like reading.

Still Alundra though I’m specifically playing the enemy stats restoration ROM hack. I wish there was a re-translation as well. I haven’t played the game in like 23 years so I don’t remember the dialogue being this weird. It’s off-putting. If I have to deal with Working Designs’ liberties with the translation, I can at least opt for normal stats and an easier play through.

I’m not loving Alundra so far so I may pivot to a similar enemy stats restoration ROM hack for Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete.

Looking for 1 or 2 games to get on sale to sorta bridge the gap to all the heavy hitters this fall. Should I play Yakuza: Like A Dragon to get caught up for Infinite Wealth, or get Judgment and Lost Judgment as a twofer and just be set?

YrXnFRV.gif

TotK...

But also having an online session with some friends drinking stouts and playing games. Currently PubG and some Among Us

I’m getting close to finishing Golden Sun as I’m fairly close to entering the last dungeon. I’ll definitely start Golden Sun The Lost Age when I beat it, though I’m not sure I’ll finish it with FFXVI nearly here. I might tackle F-Zero GP Legend and Mario Golf N64 alternately next for my final Wii U VC backlog project if the timing makes more sense.

I’m also happy I finally got a replacement copy of We Love Katamari in the mail after my first copy got lost so I’m very excited to play that.

I did play more TOTK earlier this week but I think I’m putting it on hold again before doing the last Shrine. It did give me an itch to revisit Skyrim of all games so I downloaded that and might do another playthrough starting tonight.

Also gonna play more Pac-Man World Re-PAC. Maybe go back to Hi-Fi Rush as well.

Busy weekend, have a couple of computer repairs coming so i don't think i'll play anything. At least i'll get paid.

Now, next week is another story. From monday onwards i plan to continue with Tears of the Kingdom because of course. But also, it's the heat season! (technically not summer yet, but we're over 30 ºC here already so fuck it) wich means it's time to play my yearly summer games: Super Mario Sunshine and Wave Race 64

Back
Top Bottom