• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |5/3-5/5|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Welcome to Fami’s very own weekly weekend thread! Everyone knows how it works, so let’s hear about what games you’re playing!

——————

Will this weekend be the weekend that I get back to Final Fantasy VII Rebirth? Maybe! I hope so! I’m also near the end of SpongeBob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake, so I’ll probably finish that up. And finally, this weekend is when Pokemon Yellow Legacy comes out, so I’ll definitely be downloading that and starting it. Lots of good stuff!

——————

That’s all I got. Have a good weekend, folks!

Say it with me; Super Mega Baseball 3. But also, splashes of Splatoon 3 and Slay The Spire, plus I restarted a game I've been desperate to beat but I won't name because I feel like then I won't beat it if I speak its name aloud.

Bought Pentiment to show Microsoft there's a market for their games on Nintendo's systems, which ought to certainly guarantee the coming of Banjo to the Switch 2.

Already finished the first part of the game, and I'm feeling awfully guilty. I'm sure it will only get better during the weekend. Should be fun.

So dance if you want, go ahead. Free to do whatever, I'm chilling on my bed. I'm minding my biz, so mind your own biz.

Also, probably some Oracle of Ages.

My aims this year were to clear my 2023 backlog, make a dent in my old RPG pile, and do a 3D Super Mario-athon. I'm doing pretty OK on all three fronts.

In that spirit, I've just started Super Mario Galaxy as the third title in my Mario-athon and had immense goosebumps as I landed in the Good Egg Galaxy. I do have questions, though: why hasn't the Fear and Panic Toad got their own game? Where did Bowser get a UFO? How does the game look and sound this good 17 years later with next to no improvement? How perfect is that cinematic sweep into a galaxy, from camera angles to sound effects to the welcome notice to Mario's landing pose? It's a special game.

On the old RPG and 2023 backlog front, I've plugged Star Ocean: the Second Story R into my Switch and will start that tonight or tomorrow. Minimal knowledge of this one so looking forward to it.

The plan, as it stands, is to go more into Edge of Eternity with some The Fairy's Song sprinkled in between...

but I've recently been made aware of Tokyo Xanadu eX+'s existence again and I remember how I never finished that... hmmm.

Resident Evil Village
Just finished
the second lord (the puppeteer)
and not gonna lie..it's a top tier RE.
I'm talking top 3 tier.
Let's see how will hold up until the end.

Mmmm backlog clearing, I think. I know I want to finish at least one route in vanilla SMT V before Vengeance drops, but do I have the mental fortitude to finish the game before starting the game fresh...? Maybe I'll just go back to Unicorn Overlord or Trails Into Azure instead.

After beating Xenoblade 2

I'm extremely excited to play some Golden Country, played through the first 2 hours and it's really good, especially the soundtrack.

It's my fave thread on Family Boards! I finished Final Fantasy XVI and its DLC, and now I'm onto Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. Just starting in on Chapter 2, so I'm very early on so far. I finally got my shit together enough to download and sign into the Playstation app on my phone, so I'll drop a few GIFs this weekend!

Fashion Dreamer on Switch. Hello Kitty Nail Salon on iPad.

I'm not sure yet, I'll be hanging with friends for a good chunk of the weekend. Sometime I will get more time into at least one of these:

Dragon's Dogma 2 (PS5) - Making considerable story progress now, I might just beeline it to the end for postgame.

Tales of Kenzera Zau (Switch) - Enjoying my time, there was definitely a difficulty spike going up the lift. IYKYK...

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - X-Men 97 hype has me returning to this forgotten gem!

Exoprimal (Xbox Gamepass PC) - Of course, pretty much always in the rotation now.

Last edited:
Barely played games for a month or so lol but looking to just revisit TOTK this weekend and chill. I finished the game a while ago but always side quests to do lol.

Also got back into Mario Maker 2 a bit, its still a great casual game to pick up and play. Endless content there and have a bunch of cool levels saved which I havent played. Theres good traditional levels if you look harder.

A Mixture of

Steamworld Dig
theatrhythm final bar line
Warcraft 3
Advance Wars 1 reboot

Two oldest kids are away on camp so it's just me, the wife and the youngest and depending and if the weather allows it.. I should get a few hours in.
But mostly, I'll probably just clean out the winter/very very cold spring clothing at long last.

Probably more Fallout 4. I'm not outright hating it, but man people were not exaggerating when they said this game just ditched pretty much all the RPG stuff that made New Vegas so good. It really is kinda just a loop of "get mission, go to place, kill stuff, maybe at some point go through a superficial dialogue tree that doesn't actually impact your options and choices in any meaningful way". Very much a junk food sort of game, and I'm not sure I'll actually finish it, but for now I'm content to keep doing things here and there until I've had my fill or something more exciting comes along

And then on Switch there was a Vampire Survivors update this week, so I'll probably be checking out the new level at some point

More Stellar Blade, a.k.a the game that makes FromSoftware blush.

Like, it's fun but holy hell, I've counted over 100 tries on one of the latest bosses.

I got to Seattle in TLOU2 and tooled around a little in the open world. I really liked it! Naughty Dog did a much better job with this area than they did with the open zone in Lost Legacy. I'll be playing more of that this weekend!

I've been playing around with Apple Arcade, too, and Dicey Dungeons just launched on the service. I played it a bunch on the Switch but always wanted to go back and try some more of the challenge episodes. This is my chance, now with better touch controls!

I finished up Pokémon Legends, so I moved onto playing Sea of Stars. I’m really liking it! Hoping I can get through it before Paper Mario: TTYD.

PS5 wise I fell off of both Elden Ring and Pentiment, so I’ll need to get back to both at some point. I sort of wish I got Pentiment on the Switch instead of PS5, I’d definitely play more of it on there.

Last edited:
3 day weekend in the UK woop woop!

On Steam Deck I’m playing Enslaved Odyssey to the West which I’m about halfway through I think so hoping to finish that up over the next week. On Switch, Super Mario Sunshine which I have never beaten before, I really wish they added some QoL changes to the Switch port as the game is a bit iffy, Mario can be really awkward to control at times. On 31 stars right now so will probably only aim for the minimum amount of stars needed to beat it.

Also playing Vampire Survivors on Switch because it’s just brilliantly addictive haha

Have a great one Fami!

Long weekend here, as ITSMILNER said.

Same games as last weekend:
  • Fallout New Vegas (Series S) - going through the DLCs before I finish off the main story. Doing Honest Hearts first.
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Switch) - on the 4th case right now.
  • Warframe (PS5) - going for Protea and Ash Prime.

I'm at the final few bosses in Final Fantasy 10, but I'm very burned out on it. Instead, I picked up Octopath Traveller 2. I love the art style and music, and so far it's been a really nice, cozy JRPG. It's supposed to be rainy and cold this weekend, so I'm looking forward to curling up with some tea and playing it.

Four-day weekend, so I'm trying to finish Emerald for the first time. I played through Pokemon: Ruby as a kid, then bounced off of Emerald because of how similar they felt. Now I'm finding that it's just the right dose of nostalgia, but I appreciate the changes a lot more, too.

There was a free update to Vampire Survivors a couple of days ago, so I’ll probably be playing that along with Unicorn Overlord (currently in Bastoria), and probably a couple of Rounds of Balatro before bed.

Playoff hockey and basketball are on, and I love being able to tune out a bit with some of these games with sports on in the background.

Oh hey more WF players. I wonder if we should make it a Startopic for things like Devstreams, mainline updates, and really good stream rewards. And fashionframe, of course.
Not sure how many people on Fami play Warframe (or at least play regularly). Not to dissuade you, if you want to make an ST then go for it! I'm not sure how much activity it might get though.

I'm loving my time with Dragon's Dogma 2 and hope to continue playing this weekend. Just wandering around fighting monsters is tremendous fun.

Bought Pentiment to show Microsoft there's a market for their games on Nintendo's systems, which ought to certainly guarantee the coming of Banjo to the Switch 2.

Already finished the first part of the game, and I'm feeling awfully guilty. I'm sure it will only get better during the weekend. Should be fun.
Pentiment is a game a love to hate, much like Zero Time Dilemma and 13 Sentinels, so I look forward to hearing what you think.

I'm probably going to finish Prey this weekend. Apparently I was at about 50%-65% of the way through in my playthrough earlier judging by Reddit comments. So it should be easy to finish as it's only a 20 hours or so. I'm very bipolar with this game because I absolutely love most of it but the combat at times is 💀
I don't know what else to play though, restarted Ai Somnium Files and even though I like it, it's a bit of a slog replaying the route you've already played.

I got to Seattle in TLOU2 and tooled around a little in the open world. I really liked it! Naughty Dog did a much better job with this area than they did with the open zone in Lost Legacy. I'll be playing more of that this weekend!

I've been playing around with Apple Arcade, too, and Dicey Dungeons just launched on the service. I played it a bunch on the Switch but always wanted to go back and try some more of the challenge episodes. This is my chance, now with better touch controls!
That level when you first get to Seattle is great. It’s a shame that it’s the only level like that in the whole game. I think they intended to do the entire game like that, but it was too ambitious. Not to worry though, because the rest of the game is A++.

Not sure how many people on Fami play Warframe (or at least play regularly). Not to dissuade you, if you want to make an ST then go for it! I'm not sure how much activity it might get though.
That's why a Startopic might be good though. Give it a kick when the major events hit so that people have a chance to decide if they'd like to jump in for the time limited stuff.

Have a busy weekend and a lot of games I want to play so I might not get to everything, but that’s ok! Definitely continuing with Love Live School Idol Festival 2 as it’s the last month of the game. I cleared every song on Expert (all 622 of them), so now I’m focusing on the Master tracks (109 down, some 100+ to go!) and the star challenge event going on. My copies of both Stellar Blade and Endless Ocean arrived in the mail this week and I’m eager to properly dive into both. I’m intrigued by the smidge I’ve played of both. I think I’ll be doing just one dive per day for Endless Ocean so Stellar Blade should get more time if I have it. Finally, I dug into my Xbox backlog this past week and I want to do one more for now by playing the Gears 5 Hivebusters DLC campaign I never played. Supposed to be short and thankfully more linear than the main game which I’m looking forward to. So yeah, four games and not a lot of free time, but we’ll see how it goes!

Have to work, but I'll be sneaking in Metroid Fusion whenever I can. I have more thoughts over at the Metroidvania ST, but basically it's been considerably more linear than I'd expected. Not all bad though, taken as shooter in a sci-fi horror setting.

Not sure about what to play after that. Probably end up playing Slay The Spire or Into The Breach again, lol.

Pentiment is a game a love to hate, much like Zero Time Dilemma and 13 Sentinels, so I look forward to hearing what you think.
So far it's been great, but it's somewhat frustrating you cannot investigate all lines as thoroughly as possible. At least that was the case in Act I.

Probably finish up El Shaddai on Switch. Man what a beautiful game.

Other than that, I'll play more of Grounded (kept me hooked), Another Crab's Treasure and SaGa.

Usual Warzone sessions with college friends. Started control so will try to get through some of that. And my slow plod through PLvsPW on 3DS.

Was gonna play through Nier Automata but found out it doesn't have an autosave when I ate a piece of fish in my inventory and it gave me a joke ending and lost 4 hours of progress so I'll probably just be playing more SF6 this weekend. 🐟

Last weekend I beat King of Dragons which much to my surprise was a project Yoko Shimomura did the music for (the final boss theme totally gave it away). I was then going to pivot into grinding through some demos but a funny thing happened: I picked Picross S back up and I've been playing that all week. Which isn't something that usually happens with me and Picross, usually it's just something I'll dabble with for a night and then put it down for a year or two. No idea why it's sticking around this time, but I'm really liking it.

So I'm going to stick with Picross S this weekend. Although tomorrow is spending time with the SO and their kids so I'm either getting trashed at Mario Kart or trashing the kids at the mini-games in Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe again (having 10+ years of experience with some of these games helps!) unless I can get them to bite on something else. I've tried to get them to give TMNT Shredder's Revenge or the Cowabunga Collection a couple times now and nope 😭

I started Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Lost Crown. I've heard really good things about it. So far, I must have died so so many times.
Old man reflexes are fine for musou games but for an action-intensive metroidvania... no. But I'll soldier on. At most, I'll shamefully lower the difficulty level.

Going to take some time to put the Lego Donkey Kong set together too!

Last edited:
I started Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. I've heard really good things about it. So far, I must have died so so many times.
Old man reflexes are fine for musou games but for an action-intensive metroidvania... no. But I'll soldier on. At most, I'll shamefully lower the difficulty level.

Going to take some time to put the Lego Donkey Kong set together too!
Wait, do you mean Sands of Time or the new game?

Your old man reflexes should be mostly at home in Sands of Time!

I finished my 100% replay of Mario 64. Damn World 14 and 15 suck even more than I remembered. Had to abuse save states. Got two shiny Pokémon in Violet and now I am playing that Picross game that just released recently. Something Grimoire.

If i don't have the motivation to play Rebirth this Weekend i might drop it, i can't play two single player games at the same time so we'll see how i feel.

If i end up dropping it i think i'll start playing either Star Ocean 2 Remake or Psychonauts 2, not sure.

Woke up at 5am to get mad Ws in Fortnite with ngpdrew, now getting ready for work, you know how it iiiiiiss

More Tears if the Kingdom for me! After 160+ hours I finally decided to venture into the Zora territory, because I want to get the armour to try and swim up one of those waterfalls into the sky. Really digging the murky forest vibe so far

More Final Fantasy VII Remake for me. I'm reaching the end of the Wall Market section soon I think. I've been getting some Yakuza vibes from not just the environment and events, but also the cutscenes and the transitions from pre-rendered ones to more awkwardly animated in-engine stuff. Anyway, I'm having a good time!

I am in the last chapter of Diofield, should be finished by the weekend. And I am on chapter 2 of FDC The Girl who stands behind.

I am finally in the Hyrule forest region of my slow slow slow, warpless playthrough of Tears of the Kingdom. Also trying to get the better armor and stuff which means searching for fairy ingredients. Lynel parts are a pain.

I can see why people didn’t like Super Mario Sunshine, between Mario’s erratic movement and the awful camera it becomes a chore getting through some of these levels. I am determined to see the end credits by getting the minimal amount of shines possible but boy is it testing my patience :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom