• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |5/24-5/27| The Start of Summer

phIwQR8.jpeg

This band from FFVII Rebirth is hilarious, and good. I wish they were real and that I could go and see them

Slowly, slowly breaking through Tears of the Kingdom 99% warpless, I finally got 3 regional phenomena done. And cleared out every shrine and cave I could in the other regions.

Though I've given up on upgrading armor on everything, just focusing on very small sets of armor and selling the stuff I don't want.

It's a bank holiday here in the UK, so the weekend continues tomorrow. But tomorrow I've a deadline for a long job application and a family meal, so maybe there won't be much gaming time.

As it is, I've finished Star Ocean 2, started Unicorn Overlord, and made my way partway in to world 2 in Super Mario 3D World. Good stuff all round.

My Summer of Yakuza begins! I've never played this series before, so I'm really excited! Starting with Yakuza 0, per recommendations.

Oh, also playing TTYD for the first time!

My holiday weekend report - it was good mostly! I’m all set for when Love Live School Idol Festival 2 ends this week except emotionally of course lol. I’ll just play my favorite songs for the last few days. I beat Star Fox Adventures which was great fun. @meatbag lured me to the Completed Games ST so I wrote a big post there. Short version, it was very cool playing a game that pulled heavily from Ocarina of Time, but had it’s own spin on puzzles and level design. I also made it to Chapter 2 in the TTYD remake and now that I’m into it I’m having a great time. I’d probably be farther in and I’d consider playing more tonight, but I actually started and finished a fourth game this weekend, Metroid Prime Federation Force. I wrote two big posts on it in the Metroid ST. Short version again, I went from this game stinks, to this game is ok and exists I guess, to maybe there’s some cool levels as you get farther, to oh no this game has become physically painful holding the 3DS to constantly shoot, dodge, and gyro aim (ugh gyro) as this game got more demanding towards the end. After that…yeah no more video games tonight lol.

I had a great weekend! We took the boys to the zoo, we went swimming, and we had a great holiday cookout. Lots of fun! Not a lot of time for games though.

I got to play a little bit of Vice City, and my impressions are pretty good so far. It’s basically GTA III, but the production values are massively improved and the story is much more front and center. Good stuff. Then I played the Retro Handhelds discord game of the week, Rollcage for the PS1. I wrote up a little review in the completed games thread, but suffice to say that it’s a cool arcade racer that can get a bit frustrating.

To my credit, I actually powered on my PS5 this weekend with the intention that of playing Rebirth, only to find that the HDMI switcher I bought doesn’t support HDMI 2.1 and thus doesn’t work with the PS5. So I didn’t play Rebirth. Never mind that I have at least two ways that I could have played it without using the HDMI switcher - I was being lazy. I ordered a new one and will test it out this week.

I love long weekends!

Zero video games for me this weekend for me as well, as we took a family road trip. Though the little one played some Sago Mini and PBS Kids games on the iPad during the drive, if that counts.

Back
Top Bottom