• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |5/10-5/12|

I did wrap up Stellar Blade. Game still did some things extremely well up until the end, so I'm pretty impressed with it. More of the big action adventure games could really learn a few things from their combat ideas. It's still pretty rough around the edges on some things, especially the story and a couple of really basic gameplay fumbles, but overall that shit kinda ruled. Every boss fight letting you flex out of your mind then delivering some big over the top bullshit action scene was killer. A lot of the boss designs are also just really fun to interact with in general. Whenever the Boss Rush mode drops I'll come back to try and do some funny clears of it.

I just wrapped up Chapter 6 of Paper Mario on NSO! I’m aiming to try and finish the game within the next few days to give myself a little breathing room before I dive into TTYD again for the remake, and luckily I had a good amount of time today to work towards that goal. While I do still feel the sequel is a vast improvement in most ways (which I admit could be nostalgia bias), I’m really enjoying going thru the original for the first time :)

Last edited:
Cycling between Animal Well, Another Crab's Treasure and Endless Ocean Luminous. Though I should probably finish my umpteenth playthrough of Golden Sun first, I'm almost at the end...

Still Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. Getting the hand of the combat and platforming. I must have died so many times to spikes by now.
Finally got the double jump and that is a boon. I try to collect every single collectables before progressing the story. So all the extra amulet and health upgrades has allowed me to brute force my way through bosses.

Hopefully my streak continues all the way to the end...

Revisiting TOTK after a while as there is still side stuff for me to do. Also its the 1 year anniversary which is cool.

For PS5 maybe Animal Well which just came out, or try and finish Rift Apart(or play another platformer)

Been playing some 3DS/DS games lately - DQ VII mostly, and I just started Sonic Rush Adventure and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I’ll play some Picross 3D every once in awhile as well.

Happy Birthday @Red Monster

Ended up doing a groupthink playthrough of Animal Well over discord last night. It was fun and cute for a bit, but at this point the charm is wearing off pretty quickly. Shame because it has a bunch of really clever ideas, but I'm not buying into the hype.

My weekend report - it went well! I’m making great progress in wrapping up the Master tracks in Love Live School Idol Festival 2. I decided to try tackling the arcade tracks as I wrapped up the normal songs for μ's. When I beat Snow Halation with not much fuss, I decided to go for all of them. I realized on a tougher song, sitting at my desk for it and playing the game like I would a keyboard would help since you need at least four fingers for these so I decided to knock all 16 out. It’s like the world’s worst touch screen keyboard for playing like this as all of the buttons are super close together and annoyingly angle upwards almost like a U shape, but I beat them all! I thought I’d be in the clear for the rest of this, but I just discovered the hardest song in the game is Colorful Dreams, Colorful Smiles which they decided to chart like a Dragonforce track for some reason lol. It’s super mean from start to finish and only gets worse as it goes! I have 17 days left so I hope I can beat it along with the other 70 or so songs left.

I also played more Endless Ocean which I’ve been writing about in the ST. Think I’m done solo diving, but I have few more group dives in me I think so good chance I’ll be done with that before next weekend. Finally, I have played a great deal of Stellar Blade and I’m having a blast. Normal combat is great fun and the bosses are incredible. I felt on top of the world beating the last three on my first try. I made it to the Great Desert and as I’ve been keeping up with side quests I’m probably in the back half of the game now. I imagine I’ll be playing this still when next weekend rolls around. It’s a very large game.

Beat 1000xRESIST and I still think about it for, like, almost every waking minute.

Didn’t get any Blue Reflection done, but I think that it will be my main game for the week, unless TotK anniversary playthrough takes over, which it probably will do, haha.

(Still stuck on a Stellar Blade boss)

Raven

I suppose I can beat it if I just spend an entire afternoon and properly pull myself together, but after the previous 2 bosses (who both took me hours) my patience is wearing thin. (Playing on Normal)
Ah, yeah that was the point where I felt like the game started asking me to really use as many as the combat tools as possible. You're pretty close to the end though, so if you do wanna get through it there's not much left. There are a few things in the game to help make that kind of encounter a lot easier too if you do want to try using them.

Thanks very much for the birthday wishes, pals.

I had a pretty great weekend! I managed to hit credits for SpongeBob Cosmic Shake; what a wonderful game that is. It’s a really solid 7/10 and definitely worth playing. I put a few hours into Animal Well, and that game is blowing me away. Can’t wait to spend more time with it. And finally I did a little bit of grinding in Yellow Legacy, but I didn’t spend all that much time with it. Haven’t truly started I don’t think. I’m still stuck planning my team.

Here’s to a speedy work week and another weekend.

Last thing I got to spend time with was Another Crab's Treasure. I unfortunately did not like it very much, which is a bit of a bummer. All of the Souls style stuff and the combat feels really subpar and poorly done so far; it's as if they pulled a lot of the surface level ideas of what that style of combat system is like without really getting the finer details. I don't need this game to just be another Souls clone, it should do it's own thing especially, but I'm pretty disappointed with how poorly tuned it all is. Even when the game does jokes aping on that genre, it's a 50/50 on whether it lands or gets a sigh.

This feels extra bad cause when the game is just being itself and you aren't stapled to combat it's doing a pretty alright job. Like there's a pretty good adventure game with some decent bits and neat levels/platforming/exploration going on, then you get into a boss fight and it's like, "what is going on here?" It's also extremely buggy (PC version) and breaks in ways that require reloads. It feels like a pretty big and ambitious game from a smaller team, but maybe they bit off more than they can chew?

Bummer that I went through 2 of the bigger indie titles released recently and they didn't work for me at all. I watched a friend stream Crow Country and that one went over a lot better at least, and I still have 1000xRESIST sitting in my library to try out.

Back
Top Bottom