• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |12/8-12/10|

I finished the story mode in WarioWare Twisted this evening. What a fun and unique spin on WarioWare. The stages felt even more frantic than usual because before you can even figure out what the microgame wants from you, you have to learn what exactly you’re controlling with the gyro. It’s hectic and stressful and maybe the most fun I’ve had with a WarioWare title.

Now I’m gonna see if I can’t roll credits in Sonic Dream Team tonight. Or at least get close before bedtime!

This has been a ridiculously busy month for me at work, but I finally finished Mario Wonder last night and started Super Mario RPG.

Changed my plans from Super Mario RPG to Astlibra because I didn't want it to left it in my backlog and so far the game has been very good. It does cover that 2D action rpg with tons of customization in combat, stats and magic, and a very good story actually. For the price I'm actually surprised how complete the game is

Also, the tracks for the dungeon areas are bangers, the volcano theme goes HARD

Successful and restful gaming weekend. I downloaded Baldur's Gate 3 and left it waiting until New Year; played the entirety of Cocoon and absolutely adored it; and finished off the last two character stories in Octopath Traveler 2, before completing the Tower of Ku and doing Hikari and Agnea's second joint chapter.

Finishing FFVI here, almost all the WoR sidequests done. I think I’ll end the game during the week. I only did sidequests that are properly hinted at in the game and I think I actually did all of them!

Still going through the new Disney Dreamlight Valley dlc. Also always gathering materials for future characters and artifact farming in genshin impact and honkai star rail. Oh, and I gave hi fi rush a try on gamepass earlier today. will probably be putting more time into that later.

i haven’t played it yet but its gonna get me to download fortnite for the first time in my life
It's definitely worth it, first time I've downloaded Fortnite the app in like 4-5 years. It's a completely separate game doesn't require any interaction with Fortnite itself.

There's a couple of issues but overall the game is really solid. Love the rocket-based moves that reminds me of Rocket League a little bit too.

I missed the thread this week! It was a messy weekend, so my gaming has been all over the place.

Well... If anything, i've had a couple of fixed games to play on the few moments of peace and quiet i've enjoyed, those would be Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Smash mostly because i re-purchased the game, having sold it in summer because of money issues, but turns out there is a 5th anniversary event coming so i'll spend the week playing it.

As for Animal Crossing, this one is basically due to getting the SwOLED and deciding that, instead of transfering my save, it would be better to just outright start a new island, and i've enjoyed that a lot. I want to open a thread later about that.

This week is looking peaceful afaik so i may get back to Spider-man Remastered (i want to finish it before christmas) as well as getting back to Euro Truck Simulator 2 for the inevitable Xmas event.

EDIT: Oh yeah! And i got myself Baldur's Gate III. I'm getting a list of games to finish for 2024 as a personal objective. It's something like a self-improvement exercise, i feel like i need to commit to something silly like that.

Weekend report! I was able to roll credits in both WarioWare Twisted and Sonic Dream Team. I played about an hour of Grand Theft Auto for PS1, and it didn’t go well because that game is archaic. And finally, I was able to start the FFXVI DLC. I didn’t get to play as much as I wanted, but that’s ok because I’m on vacation this week. I’m gonna blast through Echoes of the Fallen, and then finally get back to TLoU, and play some Pokemon and maybe try GTA2 this week while I’m at it.

My weekend report - it went well! I made more progress in the Magia Record fan translation. I hit a gnarly cliffhanger in the middle of chapter 4 I wanted to sit on so I didn’t complete the chapter as I originally intended this weekend, but I’ll keep at it this week. I did finish Ducktales Remastered which was pretty cool. Finally, I started my next RPG, a replay of Tales of Symphonia! I’m six hours in and I’m having a great time!

I'm going to wrap up the last couple of side quests in Spider-Man 2. Then...I don't know! I need to go back and finish Sea of Stars so I can start Mario RPG. I got a lot of PS5 games on Black Friday, including Ratchet & Clank, and I think that might be a good thing to finish before I go on my annual holiday trip home.

And yet...I'm kind of curious about Chants of Sennar? Anyone here play that? I've heard about it on a couple of podcasts and think it sounds like a good time. I might download the demo on Switch just to get a taste.
I'm really interested in Chants of Sennaar. I forgot there's a demo. Gotta try that. I heard the game scratches some of the same itches as Tunic.

I've played through A Highland Song a couple of times, as it's not very long. It's a bit tricky at times, but has some wonderful moments.

Also started playing Tunic. I'm only an hour in, but starting to get a grasp on the gameplay. The whole unknown language and in-game manual thing is quite charming and a very nostalgic recreation of my playing Zelda as a child without knowing English experience. Not sure how to feel about the Soulsy combat, and I'm slightly worried there's going to be a lot of it.
Ah, you're playing Tunic. What a delight. That experience you're having with the manual is so exactly what they were going for and that's awesome that it's hitting you in that very specific nostalgic way. There will be a good bit of tricky combat but with perseverance (and, if needed, accessibility options), you totally got this. More than any other game I'd just urge you to avoid spoilers, avoid reading anything about the game, and let it unfold and be solved at your own pace. You are in for such an immense treat. 📚

Ah, you're playing Tunic. What a delight. That experience you're having with the manual is so exactly what they were going for and that's awesome that it's hitting you in that very specific nostalgic way. There will be a good bit of tricky combat but with perseverance (and, if needed, accessibility options), you totally got this. More than any other game I'd just urge you to avoid spoilers, avoid reading anything about the game, and let it unfold and be solved at your own pace. You are in for such an immense treat. 📚
I will admit that your praise of the game on this forum was a big part of why I started playing it 😄. I hade a vague prior knowledge of the language/manual thing, but didn't realize it was there as a nostalgia element until playing the game. Otherwhise I haven't been spoiled on anything, so I think I'm in for a great experience!

Thank you for the tips, I will check the accessibility options if needed!

Back
Top Bottom