• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |12/15-12/17|

planning to check out this Rytmos game that was getting some discussion in this month's eShop thread since it's on sale rn! looks extremely up my alley, like GNOG crossed with Cosmic Express with music toy elements.

and still playing Theatrhythm of course

Been playing the Pokémon Hidden Treasure of Area Zero DLC Part 2. Game still runs like garbage and even worse in the Terrarium, but goddamn is the game good despite all that. Love the remixes for the Unova’s trainer and wild battle themes. I can’t wait to see where the story goes.

Also going to start Baldur’s Gate 3. Going to play with friends, excited to see how it goes as I’ve heard good things about this game.

Puzzmo rules. It has made me straight up quit my NYT games routine in the span of a week. If you like crosswords / word games / games you can play while you drink a coffee, check it out!

Apparently, Nintendo answered this question by making Suika Game the NSO trial game.

I have played like three hours of this game today. I have not made a watermelon yet. I had trouble putting this game down. Send help. Send watermelons.

LocoRoco is monotonous, slow, and boring. I have a lot of nostalgia for it because it was one of the first games I got with my PSP, but I must not have actually played much of it at the time. I don’t remember it being this plodding. The control scheme wouldn’t be a problem at all if the loco rocos weren’t so sticky, and they rolled better. But as it is, movement is a pain, and so I don’t feel motivated to search the levels for the collectibles. Not to mention all the one way gates the levels have that make exploration impossible without restarting the level. As sad as I am to say it, I think LocoRoco is getting dropped.

Send help. Send watermelons
We are sorry to hear you are having difficulty with the game. Unfortunately, you are only eligible for oranges with your current plan. The good news is that you can upgrade to the Suika Deluxe Fruit Edition for a mere 10$ per month. Consider subscribing and getting the watermelons of your dreams!

LocoRoco is monotonous, slow, and boring
Noooo, don’t destroy my nostalgia like this!

Onto the final chapter in Final Fantast XVI

if I had a nickel for every JRPG ending with an otherworldly object in the sky called Origin, I’d have two. Which isn’t a lot but weird that it happened twice, right?

Tried out Suika Game this morning and after four or five tries, got me a dang melon. It was OK. But mostly it got me thinking about Trash Panic:

Wish I had a working PS3!

Been plugging away at Alan Wake 2 NG+. I'm genuinely surprised that I'm not feeling fatigued replaying the game so soon after I beat it. Just solidifies it as my GotY.

Started Jusant, which seems promising if slightly rough. Very atmospheric, though, and I like the visual style. Managed a couple of hours on Mario RPG but it hasn't really gripped me; I'll keep going with it but hard not to see the fundamental design as something that's not aged especially brilliantly (this is my first time with the game).

I also ended up playing a couple of hours of Tears of the Kingdom, because I want to start the game again but don't want to arse around with a separate user profile, and so I just bummed around, completed a couple of sidequests, and redid the Ganondorf fight.

Discussion of Cyberpunk 2077 is banned on Famiboards, per our Banned Content List in Research & Development. Please refrain from continuing to bring up the title. - meatbag, Volcanic Dynamo, xghost777
Cyberpunk 2077. Finally sitting down and starting over after all the updates and the Phantom Liberty expansion.

if I had a nickel for every JRPG ending with an otherworldly object in the sky called Origin, I’d have two. Which isn’t a lot but weird that it happened twice, right?
Credits have finally been rolled! Fantastic game, against all odds.

Such a great cast of characters. The game insists on steeping you in its world and lore and the emotional heart of the story is that much stronger for it.

Credits have finally been rolled! Fantastic game, against all odds.

Such a great cast of characters. The game insists on steeping you in its world and lore and the emotional heart of the story is that much stronger for it.
Fantastic! I’m so happy you enjoyed the game. I’d love to see more of your thoughts on the ending and just the game in general over in the ST sometime. Also, the DLC is right there. Just sayin

Fantastic! I’m so happy you enjoyed the game. I’d love to see more of your thoughts on the ending and just the game in general over in the ST sometime. Also, the DLC is right there. Just sayin
lol i will get to the DLC soon i promise. for now, cocoon, hi-fi rush, and spider-man are calling.

and yes for sure i have tons of thoughts.

I’d have three nickels all from back to back years.

Blue Reflection Second Light
Xenoblade 3
Final Fantasy XVI

I started Death Stranding Director's Cut on PC because a friend of mine gifted it to me. There was a Fnatic bundle that allowed you to get two games for $15 and they got me Death Stranding and Control. It's funny, both games came out in the same year, and when both games came out I couldn't have less interest in them. They both seemed kind of pretentious and the marketing and buzz around them really put me off, Death Stranding especially due to how Kojima marketed the game. Now that I've gotten into Remedy with Alan Wake and back into Metal Gear Solid, I am genuinely pretty interested to see how I like these games. Even if I end up not liking them that much, I'm confident I'll get something interesting, and that's a good feeling.

So far though I'm really enjoying Death Stranding which is surprising me a bit. It still has a bit too much cutscenes for my liking - I don't know if it's just a me thing but I literally get antsy when I go too long playing a game without using the controller, like impatient to get back to the gameplay. It also still has the cringy over-the-top lack of subtlety in its naming schemes and metaphors that the game got panned for, though honestly I'm finding it a lot less in your face than you'd expect and it seems kind of intentionally silly. But the gameplay is pretty fun so far in a relaxing sort of way, and the storyline is very thematically interesting. The concept feels enriched in a post-COVID world, and I can't help but think that the game's appraisal would have been higher at launch had it came out during the pandemic. I'm not sure if I'll continue enjoying it as I'm already finding some parts a bit repetitive, but as I said earlier if the best thing I get out of it is an interesting game to analyze than that's already a win in my book.

Weekend report! And really, weeklong report because I was on vacation all last week. Today is my first day back to work.

I played a lot of GTA3 and had a blast. I’m several story missions in to Staunton Island now. My two criticisms are the lack of camera control, which isn’t too bad, and the lack of a map, which is ridiculous. There’s a waypoint on your mini-map, but it’s as the crow flies, so if your destination is on another island then you’re screwed. God help you if you gotta get over there quickly! I’m sure both of these problems were fixed in the Definitive Edition release, but I’m playing the PS2 original. I think it looks better anyway.

I played through the first two worlds in LocoRoco, and like I was saying earlier in this thread, I think it’s getting dropped. It’s cute and charming, but shallow and slow, and overall not very fun. What a shame.

And finally, I played a good bit of The Last of Us. Last night, I turned it off right after a very dramatic goodbye for a couple of characters we met in Pittsburgh, and then it said “Fall”. I’m getting there I guess. Anyone know how much is left, roughly?

Ok, time to go to work. Gotta get back in that work mode. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

My weekend report - I didn’t end up having as much time and energy for games as I hoped which was a bummer. I did play a good deal of Octopath Traveler II and completed three more Chapter 1’s which I’m happy about (four to go!), but I didn’t end up getting to the Magia Record fan translation and I only played about an hour of Tales of Symphonia. I did manage to get two more party members in Symphonia, including Presea who I think I’m going to put in my main battle party, so that was neat. My week ahead is looking busy, so I’m already looking forward to next weekend haha.

Neon White
One of the most addictive games I've played the last years. I don't usually care about improving my times in games, but the way it works here is brilliant.
Gamer's Toolkit made a fantastic video on how Neon White makes you feel like a speedrunner without the time commitment.
The Switch port is great with the gyro doing wonders. The ost is fantastic as well.
The story is... whatever. The dialogue is so unbelievably cringe it has to be on purpose.
Fantastic game.

I'm still playing Greedfall on PS5 and thoroughly enjoying it, great atmosphere and fun enjoying all the different ways to get things done.
I also ended up back on FFVII remake , I played till Chapter 6 18 months ago then got bored and abandoned it, I've picked it up again, used a guide to get through that tiresome section and it's clicked much more. It is boring in places with plenty of filler but I'm really enjoying the world, visuals and story and am having more fun in combat.
It's good to give games a 2nd chance.

Back
Top Bottom