• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |10/6-10/8|

If I have time I’m gonna try diving back into The Great Ace Attorney. I made it to the final case like a year and a half ago and just recently came back to the game last week. Had to wiki the cases up to this point to remind myself of what has happened since. Otherwise, I also might continue my Dark Souls 3 journey. Made it to my third Lord of Cinder, Yhorm the Giant and figured out the trick to the fight.

I played Nayuta last weekend but just don't feel like it this week. I want to finish it sometime for the story and theories, but I got kind of irritated with it last Sunday when I just barely lost to a boss before beating it. I might just set the difficulty to easy so I can breeze through it later.

Today, I played through Chapter 1 of Paper Mario 64, and it's great! My only prior experience with Paper Mario was a few hours in Sticker Star, so I never played the original style of these games. This makes me even more excited for TTYD next year. I will definitely continue as time allows, and will probably finish it before Mario Wonder and Spider Man come out.

I finished Pikmin 1!! I’m sure it goes without saying but it’s a fantastic game, very happy I finally decided to give the series a try on Switch!

Now it’s time for Pikmin 2! To be completely honest I’m a little nervous going into this one because the caves seem stressful, but I’m excited to experience it nonetheless.

Also, still working my way through Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 in preparation for Wonder’s release. It’s obviously a great game but it’s also doing a great job of reminding me how bad I am at 2D platformers lol.

If I have time I’m gonna try diving back into The Great Ace Attorney. I made it to the final case like a year and a half ago and just recently came back to the game last week. Had to wiki the cases up to this point to remind myself of what has happened since. Otherwise, I also might continue my Dark Souls 3 journey. Made it to my third Lord of Cinder, Yhorm the Giant and figured out the trick to the fight.
Same thing happened to me. Love the game but it's been ages since I played it. Think I've got two cases left. When I stopped playing I really didn't want the game to end, but I've taken it too far at this point.

e5e60f01ca7dc93c28e5100e758cc39e.jpg

Twenty weeks of Tears of the Kingdom with 125 hours, so little played during the week. I'm on a side quest extravaganza right now- upgrading cool armor, fighting certain giant monsters for the first time after being intimidated by their flight from afar for so long, and finally really exploring the southern coast before venturing into the desert sands of Gerudo.

Even in the year I played and beat the transcendent Returnal for the first time, this game reins as my GOTY by far- it's so cozy and adventurous and exciting and magical.

Im nearing 100% on Pikmin 4 so I’ll probably keep chipping away at that, in addition to something Mario related to hype for wonder!

Over on PC I started Norco this week and am still plugging away on Palia.

Same thing happened to me. Love the game but it's been ages since I played it. Think I've got two cases left. When I stopped playing I really didn't want the game to end, but I've taken it too far at this point.

Oh oops, I realized I was unclear. I’m at the final case of the first game LOL. So you are definitely ahead of me. Still have a lot of game left, this game way longe than I expected! Hope you manage to get back into it soon.

Well, this is awkward

I can't do a recap of yesterday's Pokémon Fire Red session because, like ze googles, i didn't do nothing! I blame my sleeping schleude here, since i didn't sleep that well yesterday, and i fell asleep with the N3DS in my hands after leveling MetalBat just i little. It isn't worth writing a full recap for around 40 min. of gameplay.

I also played a bit of Cyberpunk 2077 last night. I'm following Evelyn Parker's storyline and man, that's some dark shit, every step in the questline is darker and darker. I stopped before taking a nighly shower and needed some time to process what i was shown.

Finally, i played some of the side dishes. On Gran Turismo 7 i did badly enough - because of my sleepyness - that i knew i shouldn't take a single step into anything arcade, instead, i went with Euro Truck Simulator 2 where i completed a 2.5k Km delivery, after that i played some Bedrock Minecraft and tried to build a bridge between my current spawn point and a cave i was working on, wich went SO badly i ended up quitting the game out of frustration.

I hate having bad gaming days after busy weeks.

My plan for today is to transfer my Fire Red save to PC and play at 2x or 4x speed for the grinding until i make up for the time i lost yesterday, and after that i'll just sail to Seafoam Island and hope for the best.

Lots of stuff. I just paused my Borderlands 3 gameplay to write this post! These fall months are absolutely stacked and I have lots to play. I think I'll have a weekend with a mixture of:

Nayuta Boundless Trails (I'm loving the Ys combat in Trails universe. I hope to beat it this weekend)
WarTales (super interesting title. A fusion of medieval management and tactics game)
Mortal Kombat 1 (I'll play this forever)
Fate Samurai Remnant (played just a little, but it feels great when Omega Force tries new things. This is not your traditional musou)
Disgaea 7 (also at the start of the game, only did 2 stages. Hoping this to be better than 6)
Silent Hope (haven't started yet but absolutely loved the demo. A Diablo-like in the Rune Factory universe!)
EA FC 24 (my first soccer game in 6 years, and I didn't played much of the previous one. I expect to spend a lot of time with my namesake Volta soccer)

Let me know how you like Silent Hope after trying it a bit more..

It's an intriguing game to me, but considering the amount of stuff I have going forward it's not atop of my list but I really like how it looks and plays.

F-Zero 99, Splatoon 3 and Starfield.

I'm looking forward to Forza Motorsport this coming week, so that'll be on the roster next weekend!

F-Zero 99, Splatoon 3 and Starfield.

I'm looking forward to Forza Motorsport this coming week, so that'll be on the roster next weekend!
I expect Forza to be featured in these weekend threads for a good long while.

Between Forza and Starfield, my Xbox is gonna be getting so much use it won’t know what to do with itself.

Between Forza and Starfield, my Xbox is gonna be getting so much use it won’t know what to do with itself.
I spent a lot more on my Xbox Series X than my Switch, and play it a lot less, but I have zero regrets. The sheer amount of content on Xbox, and the scale and quality of it, on top of the quality of life features and low, low prices for software, it feels like a whole different world, and the jump in quality sometimes feels multi-generational.

I love my Switch, it's my favourite console, perhaps ever, but my Xbox is for curling up in bed and vegging out for hours exploring huge worlds. Not even aliasing to distract me.

It's somewhat bittersweet knowing I have what's likely the LAST disk based Xbox to ever come out, just sitting on my desk, waiting to become a relic. Not in my life time! I don't intend to buy a new Blu-Ray or CD player so long as my Xbox stands upon this earth. It's the only disk drive in my life full stop. It just also happens to support Game Pass, so it also means I only run out of games to play when I stop playing games.

Last edited:
I've got family visiting this weekend but it's also a 3-day weekend for me. Got to play some Splatoon 3 last night (a couple Salmon Run... runs and then finished up Area 4 in the campaign). Probably going to play a bit more tonight/tomorrow and get some more F-Zero 99 in. I also want to get back to finally wrapping up my Miriam playthrough in Bloodstained since it's October and if I can get that game finally into the "beaten" pile before Wonder I'll be incredibly happy.

I've ended up playing a bunch of Warhammer 40k: Darktide after spotting it went up on gamepass in addition to the other games I posted before. It's very cool! I'm not super familiar with Warhammer but I love L4D and it's very much in that vein

Cyberpunk, Paper Mario 64, and finally got my mod list for Civ 5 unfucked, so I've been playing a bit of that.

Wow, Resi Evil 3 Remake isn’t that long at all is it, I’ve got about a quarter left already, will finish it up in the week probably.

Really liking Cult of the Lamb got a good cult of about 8–9 followers at the moment, it’s got a satisfying gameplay loop for sure.

I'm a Xbox PC user and the reports about the performance of the Windows version have me speechless. My Ryzen 5600 and RX 6700 are no match for that game. And i hate it, because i'm still looking forward to play it.

heck yeah, hi5

Nice! Grind at the end took me a long time, but it's such a great game I think

Thanks! I beat this back in the NES days, but I was an impatient player then and had a bad habit of fleeing battles way too often, thus needing to grind and prolong the game for way too long. This play through, I think I ran maybe 3 times the whole game. Dramatically reduced the time needed to grind overall!

Played some Bayonetta. The QTE stuff really bothers me and is something I've always struggled with, so I might drop it. I really wish I liked this more but it's hard to overlook the boring/annoying sections.

I've been quite tired and haven't played a lot, but squeezed in some Oracle of Seasons yesterday and Case of the Golden Idol today.

I started Oracle of Seasons when it was added to NSO and have played it occasionally between other games. I was already in the last dungeon, and finished it now. I think this was the first time, or at least I had no memory of the final moments. I thiught I had the game on 3DS, but now I can't be sure of even that.

Case of the Golden Idol is something I've been interested in for a while, but only got around to playing now. I was actually eyeing the eShop sales, and then just thought that I should just buy whatever I want to play the most rather than whatever's on sale, and here we are.

Back on Eldin Ring. Played through a lot of it at launch but fell off, and figured I'd start over again since it's been so long. Having a blast, but I'm steamrolling through all the sections I played through previously hahahah. Stumbled into a late game boss (at least I assume they are based on how many Runes they give) that had me stuck for a couple hours though.

Hoping to get through the game before the DLC drops, but the rate at which it's got me hooked again, that should be no problem.

Back on Eldin Ring. Played through a lot of it at launch but fell off, and figured I'd start over again since it's been so long. Having a blast, but I'm steamrolling through all the sections I played through previously hahahah. Stumbled into a late game boss (at least I assume they are based on how many Runes they give) that had me stuck for a couple hours though.

Hoping to get through the game before the DLC drops, but the rate at which it's got me hooked again, that should be no problem.
The same thing happened to me - I played up to the Capital and then fell off. I blame catching covid, because it sucked all my motivation for more than a week and then I could never get back to the game. I’d love to go back and see it through to the end someday.. although I don’t know if I could restart and throw away the fifty hours I spent with my character! I’m glad to hear you’re having a good time with the game.

Weekend is over for me and guess what? Sunday was productive. VERY productive.

For starters, i spent half of the day playing Pokémon Fire Red. I dumped my agb save via GodMode9 and booted up mGBA to play the game at 5x speed for the grind, and when i felt the whole team was ready, i transferred the save back to my 3DS (i really need an emulation handheld, it would make this so much easier) and not only sailed to Seafoam Islands, i even reached Cinnabar! This was my team when i finally reached the shores of the volcanic island:

• Moonie the Clefable (lv. 36) - If you're seeing this deadly mofo it means that something went wrong, right? Well, do you remember Bullcharge? She was almost oneshot by a Poliwag's Water Gun right after i set sail, so i turned back and had to choose something that would whitstand more than two turns agaisnt a literal tadpole, and since i knew what i was getting into and what i wanted to achieve, i brought back this big fat meanie to the team. Surprisingly, in the end he didn't do much, but that's because another member of the team stole the spotlight - HIS spotlight
  • Ferryman the Lapras (lv. 36) - Expert surfer and Tentacruel exterminator. Teaching him psychic came in handy, particularly during the trip to Seafoam.
  • ToFeo the Electabuzz (lv. 37) - Well well well, if it isn't Mr. Ugly Bastard in the flesh. I picked this one to rotate him for ChuPika, his moveset is somewhat similar even, but while i expected him to become a Seel destroyer through the whole ordeal of Seafoam, turns out he was - and is - an excellent lightscreen setter thanks to his high Sp. Defense, wich came in handy at the climax of the whole thing. He also destroyed a whole bunch of Seels, but his Thunder Punch would be needed later, so i limited his presence - and he still leveled up to lv. 37, the madlad.
  • GoofyDraco the Dragonair (lv. 36) - GoofyDraco is still the victim of my outstanding intuition and training abilities. Whenever i switched to her, it would turn out that the enemy Pokémon would use Aurora Beam, Ice wind or any other ice attack, leaving her in a very precarious state. I think this girl was born jinxed.
  • Bulldozer the Snorlax (lv. 36) - The legal cheat code did what he does best: Headbutt everything that stood in his way, and sleep when he's too tired to keep going. I used him to take revenge on every single Zubat and Golbat inside Seafoam. Revenge for what, you may be asking? Well, just wait for it.
  • FARFI the Farfetch'd (lv. 38) - Remember MetalBat? Remember how i hate Zubats with a burning passion? Well, i wanted a decent Pokémon to rotate MsDriller while still being a Fly user, so i leveled her up and, once she was ready at lv. 32 or so, i tried to teach her Fly only to discover that... she can't learn it? Excuse me!? I would understand with Zubat being so small and all, but have you seen the size of a Golbat? And those wings!?!? Trying to keep myself from closing mGBA, i catched a Spearow that was just minding his own business and used it to save this poor boy from becoming Foie-gras (my headcanon has always been that the poor girl wanted to save him from a grim fate). Out of all my team, FARFI would seem to be the most mediocre pick, so... why is he the highest leveled one? Well, let me tell you that this badass duck Pokémon was the frigging HERO of the team. How? Why? Relatively high defenses that allowed him to dance freely. That's right: Swords Dance ALL DAY ERRY DAY. This duckie humilliated every single trainer on the way to Seafoam, i restored all his PP and then proceeded to DESTROY the most resilient critters inside the cave.
So, Seafoam was basically a walk in the park thanks to this team of absolute badasses, and then i reached Articuno. First try was a flop, i wasted all my balls and no dice, then i rebooted the game, and do you know what happened?

Do you want to know what happened!?

THIS HAPPENED
F77ZzDhW0AAMCVT

✨SHINY✨ ARTICUNO! IN THE FLESH! I THREW THE MASTERBALL WITH THE STRENGHT OF A THOUSAND SUNS AND SAVED AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!

And then i got out of Seafoam Island, reached the shores of Cinnabar, saved and put the 3DS on the charger. Did i say i need a Miyoo Mini plus?

After that, it was Cyberpunk 2077 full time with no side dishes. I did several small quests, beat tughs, stole cars (yay!) and bought some extra augmentations with the earned money. Also finished the Evely Parker quest, wich somehow led me to another quest with a modern Vodoo Cult? Spicy!

Can't really tell much about this one because things happen in a flash, it's like turbo TotK in the sense that there are sidequests literally everywhere, and you finish one to get into another almost at the same time. I'm in the middle of one and get a call or a text from someone that points me to another one. For someone like me who tends to focus on a single quest until it's over, it's a noisy mess. It made me realize i need another mentality to face this game. On a side note, i'm feeling guilty for dropping Witcher 3 for this.

And... that was my sunday. This week looks way less busy than past one, so at the very least i plan on getting Bullcharge back to the team and beating the Cinnabar gym; outside of Pokémon, maybe i'll rescue Witcher 3 and focus on that one, i THINK i'm close to the end and would like to reach it, whatever ending i get it's ok, i just want to finish the game after triple-dipping on it.

This was a good weekend for gaming. I got to play maybe five hours of Starfield, and I can already feel it starting to reel me in. I’m really digging it. Which is good! Because I was a little wary after a month of the middling impressions I’ve been seeing everywhere. I also played a few more hours of Gravity Rush. I’m three-quarters of the way through, and it’s pretty good. I like the loop of Unlock New Area -> Complete Side Missions for Gems -> Upgrade Your Powers -> Main Story Episode. It feels good to play. But the Gravity Slide might be the worst mechanic in all of gaming.

Weekend is over for me and guess what? Sunday was productive. VERY productive.

For starters, i spent half of the day playing Pokémon Fire Red. I dumped my agb save via GodMode9 and booted up mGBA to play the game at 5x speed for the grind, and when i felt the whole team was ready, i transferred the save back to my 3DS (i really need an emulation handheld, it would make this so much easier) and not only sailed to Seafoam Islands, i even reached Cinnabar! This was my team when i finally reached the shores of the volcanic island:

• Moonie the Clefable (lv. 36) - If you're seeing this deadly mofo it means that something went wrong, right? Well, do you remember Bullcharge? She was almost oneshot by a Poliwag's Water Gun right after i set sail, so i turned back and had to choose something that would whitstand more than two turns agaisnt a literal tadpole, and since i knew what i was getting into and what i wanted to achieve, i brought back this big fat meanie to the team. Surprisingly, in the end he didn't do much, but that's because another member of the team stole the spotlight - HIS spotlight
  • Ferryman the Lapras (lv. 36) - Expert surfer and Tentacruel exterminator. Teaching him psychic came in handy, particularly during the trip to Seafoam.
  • ToFeo the Electabuzz (lv. 37) - Well well well, if it isn't Mr. Ugly Bastard in the flesh. I picked this one to rotate him for ChuPika, his moveset is somewhat similar even, but while i expected him to become a Seel destroyer through the whole ordeal of Seafoam, turns out he was - and is - an excellent lightscreen setter thanks to his high Sp. Defense, wich came in handy at the climax of the whole thing. He also destroyed a whole bunch of Seels, but his Thunder Punch would be needed later, so i limited his presence - and he still leveled up to lv. 37, the madlad.
  • GoofyDraco the Dragonair (lv. 36) - GoofyDraco is still the victim of my outstanding intuition and training abilities. Whenever i switched to her, it would turn out that the enemy Pokémon would use Aurora Beam, Ice wind or any other ice attack, leaving her in a very precarious state. I think this girl was born jinxed.
  • Bulldozer the Snorlax (lv. 36) - The legal cheat code did what he does best: Headbutt everything that stood in his way, and sleep when he's too tired to keep going. I used him to take revenge on every single Zubat and Golbat inside Seafoam. Revenge for what, you may be asking? Well, just wait for it.
  • FARFI the Farfetch'd (lv. 38) - Remember MetalBat? Remember how i hate Zubats with a burning passion? Well, i wanted a decent Pokémon to rotate MsDriller while still being a Fly user, so i leveled her up and, once she was ready at lv. 32 or so, i tried to teach her Fly only to discover that... she can't learn it? Excuse me!? I would understand with Zubat being so small and all, but have you seen the size of a Golbat? And those wings!?!? Trying to keep myself from closing mGBA, i catched a Spearow that was just minding his own business and used it to save this poor boy from becoming Foie-gras (my headcanon has always been that the poor girl wanted to save him from a grim fate). Out of all my team, FARFI would seem to be the most mediocre pick, so... why is he the highest leveled one? Well, let me tell you that this badass duck Pokémon was the frigging HERO of the team. How? Why? Relatively high defenses that allowed him to dance freely. That's right: Swords Dance ALL DAY ERRY DAY. This duckie humilliated every single trainer on the way to Seafoam, i restored all his PP and then proceeded to DESTROY the most resilient critters inside the cave.
So, Seafoam was basically a walk in the park thanks to this team of absolute badasses, and then i reached Articuno. First try was a flop, i wasted all my balls and no dice, then i rebooted the game, and do you know what happened?

Do you want to know what happened!?

THIS HAPPENED
F77ZzDhW0AAMCVT

✨SHINY✨ ARTICUNO! IN THE FLESH! I THREW THE MASTERBALL WITH THE STRENGHT OF A THOUSAND SUNS AND SAVED AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!

And then i got out of Seafoam Island, reached the shores of Cinnabar, saved and put the 3DS on the charger. Did i say i need a Miyoo Mini plus?

After that, it was Cyberpunk 2077 full time with no side dishes. I did several small quests, beat tughs, stole cars (yay!) and bought some extra augmentations with the earned money. Also finished the Evely Parker quest, wich somehow led me to another quest with a modern Vodoo Cult? Spicy!

Can't really tell much about this one because things happen in a flash, it's like turbo TotK in the sense that there are sidequests literally everywhere, and you finish one to get into another almost at the same time. I'm in the middle of one and get a call or a text from someone that points me to another one. For someone like me who tends to focus on a single quest until it's over, it's a noisy mess. It made me realize i need another mentality to face this game. On a side note, i'm feeling guilty for dropping Witcher 3 for this.

And... that was my sunday. This week looks way less busy than past one, so at the very least i plan on getting Bullcharge back to the team and beating the Cinnabar gym; outside of Pokémon, maybe i'll rescue Witcher 3 and focus on that one, i THINK i'm close to the end and would like to reach it, whatever ending i get it's ok, i just want to finish the game after triple-dipping on it.
Congrats on the shiny!!

I didn’t get to play too much games, but I did get to play a few hours of Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga! This game is shorter than I remembered as I’m already closing in on the end with the beanstar fully repaired! I also did get to play more Pokemon SV co-op though we ended up focusing more on raid battles than beating the DLC.

Congrats on the shiny!!
It was completely unexpected, and i actually feel redeemed for a fail i had back in the day while playing Pokemon Crystal, where i had just caught a shiny Moltres, and then the battery died BEFORE i was able to even hit Save. After that i've been intentionally rebooting before every legendary to no avail.

Back
Top Bottom