• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |10/6-10/8|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy Friday, pals! Welcome to our weekly weekend thread where we can talk about games we’re playing and whatever. Join in, it’s fun!

I’m going to be spending my free time this weekend with Gravity Rush and Starfield. I’m about halfway through Gravity Rush, and I only just started Starfield. The galaxy better watch out, because Captain Wash is coming. And this time, there isn’t gonna be a tragic impalement.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

STILL playing Dragon Quest III on Switch :LOL:

I'm grinding in Zoma's castle, so I'm very close to done

i've been wanting to play Astral Chain for no particular reason the last couple days, so I will probably start a new playthrough of that. don't think I've touched it at all since i finished it in 2019, but i bet it still rocks

also heavily considering picking up Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party since i'm finally slowing down on Theatrhythm and want a new batch of songs to struggle with

I started Resident Evil 2 remake this week so I’m continuing with that. Hasn’t clicked with me yet but I’m still early in the game.

As a palette cleanser, I may pop in Dark Arms: Beast Buster 1999 (NGPC). Only spooky themed games this month.

I'm going to continue playing Wandering Sword. It's an RPG by a Chinese developer using the HD-2D style. They really nailed the visuals and audio. It's unmistakably very HD-2D but I generally like that style so I'm fine with it and the game looks great, and the soundtrack has been very good as well.

I'm still early on so I don't have a very well-formed opinion on it mechanically yet, but I quite like what it's got going on early. Progression systems seem pretty wide open and I'm interested in seeing what kinds of builds you can do. The affinity system with all of the NPCs seems pretty cool and it looks like it'll interact with party members to open up side quests and stuff (also potentially with NPCs as well?). Looks like it's going to be a very meaty game with a lot to do.

I'd been somewhat following the game since gematsu posted a trailer of it a while back and going into it I wasn't totally sure what to expect, but the early impression is quite good. Also seems to be surprisingly popular? It's got quite a few Steam reviews already.

A few rounds of Warcraft 3 1on1s
Keep trucking in Sea of Stars
A couple of tracks of Theatrhythm Final Bar

That's the plan at the very least..

front_mission_2.webp

Year of the Mech continues.

Pikmin 1 + 2 came in the mail so I might get the jump on that, not sure if I'll play them back to back though.

Continuing 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim on Switch and possibly Tales of the Abyss

I'm thinking of starting up Witcher 3 on my PS5 as well, but I'll be really busy soon so I might hold off on that

Fire Emblem: Three Houses, with a dash of Splatoon 3 to get my catalogue levels up, some Fire Emblem: Three Houses, a bit of Super Mega Baseball 3, and did I mention Fire Emblem: Three Houses?

Paper Mario 64. Really enjoying this one, can’t wait to get back home and play more of it. I’m 4 stars in so far.

And on Sunday with my friend we will probably play more AC6 and Mortal Kombat 11 along with Lies of P. The former two are great fun but I haven’t yet played Lies of P. If it’s as Bloodborne as it looks it should be pretty fun though

edit: Following this up to complain about the particularly bad NSO emulator lag during the Lava Piranha fight, thank you.

Last edited:
Had a good weekend last week and cleared a couple of games I had been playing so, currently, my only real ongoing game is Dragon Quest 11s so I’ll continue on my quest with that.

I will also start something new, which I’m currently leaning towards Cult of the Lamb as it feels a good game to play during this Halloween month. I know last year they did an event over the Halloween week so I would like to get involved in that this time round.

Have a great weekend Fami!

Replaying Unpacking, progresssing past the awful train puzzle in Bayonetta 3 and starting Gorogoa.

True to my post last week, I started up a run of Ocarina of Time! I tend to call it middle of the pack as far as zeldas are concerned a lot, so some of the smaller details are reminding me why even a middle of the line zelda is still really good.
I remember the dialogue being less... laughably bizarre though.
My ping is good enough that I was playing some actual League of Legends, but I may still play Wild Rift. Some things aren't meant to change. Gotta get a higher rank after all~
If I'm feeling up to it, I may continue learning Rashid in SFVI or continue with my one trick Luke account Fluke Skywalker.
otherwise? I've been messing with BG3 mods and I'm enjoying lightly breaking the game as a magus. I've always wanted to play one at a tabletop but I've somehow had every session I was meant to crumble. 30 sessions as a paladin, but heavens forbid i want to play as a less morally aligned sword and spell. Bah.
...And of course, Yakuza 6. this story has me by the gut. I didn't think I'd be bored but this one's pacing is kicking every other yakuza in the chest so far. Good stuff.

Paranormasight is the game I can't stop playing right now. Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition has been great so far. I'm playing it in smaller, fully focused chunks so I may not get too much of a chance to do that this weekend. F-Zero 99 and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 continue to be perfect choices for some vibe sessions (I also have been dabbling in some SNES F-Zero for comparison.) And I had an urge to play a Treasure game so there will be some Alien Soldier this weekend too.

Oh I actually have some new stuff I'm quite excited to play this weekend.

I will be playing the new Assassin's Creed Mirage game on my xbox - haven't played one of these in some time, after Origins I really did not have it in me to play another one of the rpg type with how big they go but this back to basics approach more like the original design template for the series is super appealing to me.

I will also be playing Detective Pikachu returns - I actually really liked the original of these on 3ds as a very light easy going VN with some interactivity to engage you. This game looks like more of the same and that is just fine by me, it'll make a nice replacement to a book or comic for the half hour to hour before bed time for a week or so. Also damn the last one was ages ago, which makes me feel old when I think about how long lol and also just a little confused as to why they didn't bring the original over in the wait.

It is Thanksgiving weekend for me up in Canada but I will have time to play more of my new PS5. Havent had much time to play since i got it a few weeks ago. Will play more Forbidden West DLC and Ratchet Rift Apart. Also more sidequests in TOTK on Switch. Going to be great but really looking to Wonder/Spiderman 2 in two weeks.

I just reached Chapter 10 of Judgment so I kinda wanna beeline to the end. Hopefully I can finish it this weekend.

- Mass Effect 1: Feels like I'm getting close to the end, so I'm planning to do some sidequest cleanup with a guide this weekend to make sure I didn't miss anything before progressing the main story any further

- Tony Hawk 1+2: Picked it up now that it came to Steam, having a lot of fun with it. I'm sure this was talked about to death when it came out, but as a remake I find it really interesting how they decided to update things rather than keep it as a perfect time capsule; like, the actual skaters are all older now, the mall's abandoned, etc. It's a neat choice to do that instead of just remaking it exactly as it was back in the day

- Vampire Survivors: I seem to have gotten all the base game unlocks (excluding maybe some hidden ones), so I might finally get around to the DLC

Last edited:
Despite what I said, I started Resident Evil 3 Remake instead, I like it so far, only played about an hour and a half but it’s enjoyable for sure.

Lots of stuff. I just paused my Borderlands 3 gameplay to write this post! These fall months are absolutely stacked and I have lots to play. I think I'll have a weekend with a mixture of:

Nayuta Boundless Trails (I'm loving the Ys combat in Trails universe. I hope to beat it this weekend)
WarTales (super interesting title. A fusion of medieval management and tactics game)
Mortal Kombat 1 (I'll play this forever)
Fate Samurai Remnant (played just a little, but it feels great when Omega Force tries new things. This is not your traditional musou)
Disgaea 7 (also at the start of the game, only did 2 stages. Hoping this to be better than 6)
Silent Hope (haven't started yet but absolutely loved the demo. A Diablo-like in the Rune Factory universe!)
EA FC 24 (my first soccer game in 6 years, and I didn't played much of the previous one. I expect to spend a lot of time with my namesake Volta soccer)

I've been playing Fate/Samurai but I'm putting a pin in it while I'm on vacation visiting my brother as it's a game I'd much rather play docked. Got Disgaea 7 installing right now that I'm going to start once my Switch is done charging.

Disgaea 7 (also at the start of the game, only did 2 stages. Hoping this to be better than 6)

Is there a demo? I got pretty deep into Disgaea 5 until I got burnt out on the tone.

Small update on Alien Soldier: There is a Super Easy mode and a Super Hard mode, and the Super Easy mode is super hard lol. I don't even like fighting bosses or run n gun stuff, but Treasure makes everything better.

Fallen Aces demo on Steam Deck, Roto Force on iPhone, Forza Motorsport on Xbox, Fate/Samurai Remnant on PS5, and Cocoon on Switch.

I think I'm going to play nothing but Starfield and F-Zero 99. I'm good on my other multiplayer games again for now.

For Starfield I finally completed one of the faction quest lines! That was pretty cool. I may replay the last part of it to get a slightly different outcome but we'll see. Going to get back on track with the story missions and attempt to afford another ship.

PARANORMASIGHT
Arcade Paradise
Tetris 99
PowerWash Simulator

Paranormasight is the game I can't stop playing right now. Silent Hill 2: Enhanced Edition has been great so far. I'm playing it in smaller, fully focused chunks so I may not get too much of a chance to do that this weekend. F-Zero 99 and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 continue to be perfect choices for some vibe sessions (I also have been dabbling in some SNES F-Zero for comparison.) And I had an urge to play a Treasure game so there will be some Alien Soldier this weekend too.

Paranormasight!

GotY contender as far as I’m concerned.

Well, i've spent a whole week working on a private server that should have taken no more than a couple of days counting troubleshooting, but things got rowdy. Anyway! I haven't been able to play that much during the week, so i was aching for the weekend to come.

My planned games are:

Pokémon Fire Red
You guessed this one, didn't you? I actually went to the power plant, catched a buch of electric mons and reached Zapdos, but it's a lv 50 mofo and i was painfully unprepared and underleveled. After having my team oblivierated by an anatomically illogical legendary bird, i decided to go back to the Pokémon Center, rearrange my team - again - and sail towards Seafoam Island.

And yes, i could pksm a hundred of Master Balls, but that's not the point, pksm is just a TM multiplier and nothing else.

This is, as of now, my current team:
  • MetalBat the Zubat (lv. 9) - I have finally decided to rotate MsDriller for this... thing. I really really hate Zubats and, to a certain degree, Golbats, but Crobat is my jam and this little dude will become one sooner or later. Before that he's going to need grinding. Lots of it. And some TMs to make him competent.
  • GoofyDraco the Dragonair (lv. 33) - Yes, i'm sailing to an ice type-infested island and i'm taking GoofyDraco with me. I've given lots of thought to this and i've realized something: There are a lot of pokémon with ice weakness in Kanto, lots of double flying types, so how about taking a dragon that either burn them to cinders or shock them fried? Do your best, GoofyDraco!
  • Bullcharge the Ryhorn (lv. 26) - Ah, another new face! Caught her in the Safari Zone as i needed a non-poison alternative to ElPreparao. Just like MetalBat, needs a good session of TM usage and some grinding, but much less than that annoying bat, thankfully.
  • Bulldozer the Snorlax (lv. 32) - Good ol' legal cheat code! Bit underleveled for what's coming, so he'll take a bit of grinding, but in the worst case he'll be able to headbutt his way out of anything.
  • Ferryman the Lapras (lv. 34) - Not much to say about him this time. I put him in the team, but couldn't fight much inside the Power Plant without being crispy fried. He'll be our ship to Seafoam, and i'm thinking on teaching him thunderbolt to give him more of a fighting chance in the caverns.
  • ToFeo the Electabuzz (lv. 35) - Here's one i never trained before, freshly catched inside the Power Plant! I have high hopes for this ugly mofo. Ironically enough, despite being new to the team, he's the one with the highest level.
I have schleuded my weekend for Fire Red in two halfs: Saturday, i'll grind the f out of my team and try to make them strong enough for what's coming. Sunday, we'll tackle the Seafoam Island and mayyyyyyyyyyyyyybe try to catch Articuno and reach Cinnabar.

Cyberpunk 2077
Unexpected game, huh? I actually bought this the same week i got my PS5 since it was on sale, did the intro and very first mission and forgot about it until the news about the 2.0 caught my attention. Been playing it every night and got to the Biochip theft mission where everything goest to shit and Jacky dies, even doing some side-quests afterwards that actually caught my attention. I want to go at least a little further in the main story. My only gripe with this game: Fuck, those are some long cutscenes.

As for side games, i can't decided for one or two this weekend. I want to play everything from Neo Geo games with the 8bitdo controller to Gran Turismo 7, Forza 7 or Euro Truck Simulator 2. Maybe it's because the hellish week i've had, but i feel like i want to play EVERYTHING, wich isn't... eh... exactly a good mindset.

Booted Metroid Dread back up. I've played a lot of RPGs this year and I wanted a breather.

Other than that... might go and do some VNing.

I don't have a ton of time for games this weekend as I was booked fully tonight and I'll probably be fairly busy both Saturday and Sunday.

If I have time I started a replay of Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga this week which I'm thoroughly enjoying. I don't think Pokemon will happen again this week and I'm still figuring out if I want to do a New Game+ for Nayuta Boundless Trails, but maybe I'll still sneak some F-Zero 99 in.

Not sure, don’t have any momentum on anything at the moment. Trying to get into P3P and been messing with Captain Toad

I was gonna play Starfield last night, but I fell asleep on the couch at 10:30 instead. Being over 30 is hard, man.

Hoping to finish off the Separate Ways dlc.
Other than that probably trying out the MW3 open beta and probably some DBD as well.

Back
Top Bottom