• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |10/27-10/29|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy weekend and happy Halloween, fami! The climax of Spooky Season is upon us. Welcome to our weekend thread, where we tell everyone about our plans, hopes, and dreams for the weekend. And this weekend is special, because it’s nearly Halloween! I’m sure there will be plenty of parties, tricks, and maybe even some treats to go around. You know the deal, so have at it!

My weekend is looking pretty darn busy, what with taking my kids trick or treating tomorrow and a kid-friendly Halloween party Sunday, not to mention all the usual weekend chores like grocery shopping and cleaning. But I’m gonna be sure to get at least a little time in with Spider-Man 2, which I’ve been having a great time with over the past week. That’s about it for games, but I think I’ll also try and get in some more time for Ninpen Manmuro, a Saturn 3D platformer about a little blue ninja penguin that I mentioned last week. I’m pretty sure I’m nearing the end of that one.

Have a great weekend folks, and happy Halloween!

🎃

Now I'm done with Wonder, I'll finish Spider-man 2, which is relatively short game. But I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the game.
Mary Jane sections are back? why....

Aside from that, I'm still working towards beating Baten Kaitos Origins, Borderlands 3, Front Mission 2, Company of Heroes and Sonic Superstars. I might delay some of them in favor of finishing my recent acquisition: David the Deep Swimming Person. I hear it's good.

I'm not sure what to do for Halloween this year. This will be my third Halloween at this house. The first year a ton of kids came through and cleaned me out. Last year I bought extra candy and fuckin' no one came through, and I gained probably 5-7 pounds eating a bunch of fun size candy. Where did all the kids go? It's a Halloween Mystery!

I rolled credits on Mario Wonder but will keep mopping up everything I missed.

Finally, the weekend has arrived!

Mainly this weekend I’ll be playing Spider-Man 2 and Super Mario Wonder, both of which I am enjoying a ton. As it’s Halloween, I’ll also be playing some Splatoon 3’s Splatooween Event along with What the Golf which has added some limited time Halloween levels this week.

Happy weekend Fami!

Once again I will be flipping between Mario Wonder and Spider Man 2! Both are great from the small bits I've played so far. It's not often I get two major releases at the same time like this, but I'm not complaining!

I'll probably work on getting the Platinum for Spider-Man 2, finish up the battle pass in Fortnite, and continue through Paper Mario 64, along with my regular games of Civ 5.

Also arcade games at a barcade tonight!

220px-Alan_Wake_2_box_art.jpg

NSwitchDS_FRONTMISSION2Remake_01.jpg

A good cocktail mix of mystery horror and strategy.

We get an extra hour of "sleep" this weekend too with the extra hour, which I will just take to mean "game" lol.

Started Cocoon, so I'll be playing that this weekend. And probably some Splatoon because of the splat fest.

I'm also very tempted to pick up Spider-Man since it's discounted on Steam. Anybody have any experience with how well a Steam Deck handles that game?

Stopped playing Mario Wonder to save it for my short trip to another city on the weekend. Gonna try and finish it
When I come back I'll play Dead Space remake on Xbox. Thank you Game Pass for EA Play

Not entirely sure yet. On Xbox, I've returned to Starfield this week, which is an OK timesink, so that's an option. I've also got Cocoon installed and have been thinking of starting that.

In Switch town, I've done the first three worlds in Super Mario Bros Wonder and am having a joyous time with it, but I was thinking of having a little break. On a whim, I bought Suika Game but am yet to start it. In honour of Spoopy Season, I binge watched season 5 of What We Do In The Shadows, and bought Paranormasight in the eShop sale, so that's also an option to start. I was considering maximising my spoopy intake given I have no social plans for Halloween.

So in short, I don't really know, but I've got great options.

Still chipping away at Mario Wonder.

Trying to decide if I want to play Alan Wake 1 or Resident Evil 3 Remake as well this weekend.

Might play Unpacking a bit and Splatoon 3 for the Splatfest. Or maybe I’ll spend more time watching Dark Souls lore videos like I’ve been doing all week 😅.

With the mgs collection that came out recently I’ve been in a metal gear mood so I’m trying to work my way through Twin Snakes for the first time and honestly, I know it’s supposed to be the easier version but I’m struggling atm compared to how I found mgs1 original. Just can’t get a handle on the controls and keep getting caught.

I finished both Mario Wonder and Spider-Man 2 with the Platinum this past week, so this weekend which I have no remaining plans for (I had lunch with a friend earlier today which was awesome!) is dedicated to Alan Wake II! I'm so excited to dive into this game later tonight as I adored the first game and most Remedy games in general. Since I have a little time before I can go all in on it tonight, I might try to finish the last two DLC packs for Rain Code which just came out. Vivia and Yakou were two of my favorite characters so I hope their short story episodes are solid enough. Other stuff is probably on hold this weekend, so likely no Magia Record Arc 2 (I did enjoy another hour this week!), Pokemon DLC, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, or F-Zero 99 this weekend.

Gonna finish River City Rival Showdown, never played in 3DS and so far has been decent (though I'm not a fan of them limiting your growth)

Been super busy at work for the past several days, so it’ll be my first time in a week touching my Switch again. Been itching to get back into Super Mario Wonder.

Also Pluto just released on Netflix and I absolutely have to watch it. Recommend this show to any sci fi fans.

Finished Metroid Dread last weekend and I've got Demos for Silent Hope, DQ Monsters: The Dark Prince, Crymachina, Sea of Stars and Cross Tails lined up.

Not going to play anything beyond that - I'm really not able to handle staying inside the house right now in general since the new place isn't fully furnished yet.

EDIT: Okay, maybe I'll try moonring.

Last edited:
I'm focusing in Cult of the Lamb this weekend.

Not only grinding in Pokémon Fire Red is slow af (i'm tempted to do a Jesus Christ with rare candies, but i want to make this as authentic as possible, Master Balls notwhitstanding) but my sister is back for the weekend and we want to go out and do normal people stuff, so videogames are taking a back seat.

I'm loving CotL so far, it plays like a dream with the SNES controller - though movement is more freeform and clearly designed for a thumbstick - and the gameplay loop is clearly designed around short bursts (go on a crusade, gather resources, kill the heretic, tend to your acolytes, repeat) so it fits with what i'm going to do for the next two days.

If i'm left free on Sunday i'll probably continue playing Cyberpunk 2077. I've reached a point of no return - or so i'm told when trying to rendez-vous with Hanako Arasaka - so i'll be taking care of sidequests for a while.

I've played Spiderman 2 for 8 hours in the past 24 hours (two 4 hour play sessions) so that about sums it up!

Maybe I'll play Splatoon 3 as well for Splatoween. If I can find time for it on Sunday. Idk.

I have just the last challenge left in Wonder, and after that I don't what to do. Maybe Frog Detective or Ghost Trick.

One of my best friends turns 40 and he hosts a party tonight so not so much gaming today (and probably not tomorrow either for reasons connected to this party ;P)

However I will try to find some time to play a couple of Mario Wonder levels and progress some more in Red Dead.

Really enjoy Super Mario Wonder
Somewhat enjoying Red Dead

I spent an entire afternoon playing Touge King games thanks to you @Red Monster. Touge King the Spirits 2 might be the best retro racing game I've played, that game absolutely rips.
Oh no way, that’s great! I’m glad you enjoyed that game. I didn’t even know there was a sequel 🫠 I’ll have to check that out, because the first game is definitely awesome. Who knew Atlus had it in them to make a banger of a racer?

Oh no way, that’s great! I’m glad you enjoyed that game. I didn’t even know there was a sequel 🫠 I’ll have to check that out, because the first game is definitely awesome. Who knew Atlus had it in them to make a banger of a racer?
There's actually like 5, the series moved over to Touge Max on the Playstation, ending in Touge 3 on the PS2. None of these got localized apparently with the exception of Touge 3, getting an English localization as Road Rage 3. Touge R also made it into the original xbox as a Japenese only release, and got a fan translation last year. Cave went pretty ham on these, I wish Atlus had taken better care of the series. I might check out Touge R at this point just to see how it turned out in the end.

Playing World of Horror for spooky season. It's really engaging, it sucks and hour away so easily. Playing it at night in bed for maximum spookification

I spent an entire afternoon playing Touge King games thanks to you @Red Monster. Touge King the Spirits 2 might be the best retro racing game I've played, that game absolutely rips.
checked this out this morning after seeing this post, what a sick game. the “photo contest” results you can access from the main menu is one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a game from that era lol—over a hundred beautifully compressed photos of people standing next to their cool 90s cars. a lovely time capsule. (the races are fun too)

Mario Wonder. Almost 100% done but I might move to something else if I can't get this last level done.

I’ve started playing Pokémon Crystal Legacy on my retro handheld, shoutout to @Dardan Sandiego

Hopefully I can see it through this time. Last time I tried playing Crystal, I quit after the third gym because I couldn’t stand how slow the game is. But now I have access to a fast forward button, so that should help immensely. Not to mention the QoL changes that this romhack makes to the game.

I just finished River City Rival Showdown. Never had the chance to play it on 3DS but more Kunio is always welcome

chipping away at Mario... I've got worlds 1-4 100% and most of the hub world 100%

two worlds to go and then the special levels look kinda brutal

Hey y’aaall~ This weekend I’ve been playing Mario Wonder with my BF again (another case of fun and team work hahaha). I’ve also been progressing on my playthrough of the first Great Ace Attorney game. I’m looking it, even tho I prefer Ace Attorney

Playing Ghostrunner 2

Nice! How are you finding it? I'm too overloaded with games rn but I will absolutely get that down the line, the first game was awesome.

Mostly Spider-man here, while I stare wistfully at Alan Wake 2 on my dash haha I promised my kid he could have the ps5 in his room to play spider-man when I was done so I felt like it would be mean to get going on Alan Wake or play too much Wonder and slow down my progress. So many good games

Nice! How are you finding it? I'm too overloaded with games rn but I will absolutely get that down the line, the first game was awesome.

Mostly Spider-man here, while I stare wistfully at Alan Wake 2 on my dash haha I promised my kid he could have the ps5 in his room to play spider-man when I was done so I felt like it would be mean to get going on Alan Wake or play too much Wonder and slow down my progress. So many good games
It starts out weird. Good tutorial but the opening levels are boring. Then it becomes what I wanted. Also playing in 120hz mode and loving it.

Quick weekend recap post. I did end up playing the Rain Code DLC and the last two packs, while also quite short, made the collection of short stories as a whole feel more worthwhile as unlike the others they actually did a good job fleshing out their characters. The final one sort of shifted the end of the story for better and for worse, but I’m happy with it mostly.

Best part of the weekend was Alan Wake II! I’m going to guess I’m halfway through and it is tremendous! Once I understood it properly, the survival horror gameplay is tense and satisfying. The best part is certainly the story as I want to learn all of Bright Falls secrets and the more fun and wacky bits are amazing. Alan’s chapter 4 especially is one of my favorite game sequences of the year so far if not my favorite!

I didn’t get as much time for games as I would have liked because I was so busy, but I still had a pretty good weekend. Trick or Treating was fun with the kids! And I did get to play maybe five hours of Spider-Man 2, plus maybe an hour of Ninpen Minmaru. I think I’m getting close to the end, and some of these stages are getting kinda ridiculously tough. Thank god for save states!

Back
Top Bottom