• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |1/19-1/21|

Finished Frogsong! Now I'm playing a little more Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. Been a bit of a depressing week for me, but every time Indy takes a shotgun blast to the face and is no worse for wear except for his hat flying off, I laugh out loud at my TV.
I recently watched this excellent retrospective (over the course of a day and a half) on the Indiana Jones video games and after watching it I now have the adventure games, the Infernal Machine and Emperor's Tomb on my plan to playlist! They all look so interesting, and the history of the series and its developers is fascinating.

Kinda in the mood for some pulp-y "that's not how archaeology works", so I'm gonna see if I can get Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine working on PC (I had it on N64 and never got very far; bought it on Steam ages ago but haven't tried it out yet and the controller support is allegedly pretty iffy). If that doesn't work out, might start Tomb Raider 2013

Kinda in the mood for some pulp-y "that's not how archaeology works", so I'm gonna see if I can get Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine working on PC (I had it on N64 and never got very far; bought it on Steam ages ago but haven't tried it out yet and the controller support is allegedly pretty iffy). If that doesn't work out, might start Tomb Raider 2013
There’s also Uncharted to scratch that itch!

I’ve had Tomb Raider 2013 sitting in my Steam library for a very long time. One of these days, I’ll play it.

There’s also Uncharted to scratch that itch!

I’ve had Tomb Raider 2013 sitting in my Steam library for a very long time. One of these days, I’ll play it.
I do wanna play Uncharted at some point, but i don't have a Playstation and Sony decided to start by putting Uncharted 4 on Steam instead of the 1-3 collection, so I'm stuck playing the waiting game with that series

I've also had Tomb Raider 2013 sitting in my backlog forever, which is part of why I'm thinking "maybe it's finally time to know this one out"

Last edited:
I’ve got my DSi back into working order! And the first game that I have started putting real time into is, of course, Picross 3D. Playing this game again is like coming home. It’s warm and cozy and comfy. Picross 3D is one of the best games on the DS and I’m thrilled to be playing it again.

I recently watched this excellent retrospective (over the course of a day and a half) on the Indiana Jones video games and after watching it I now have the adventure games, the Infernal Machine and Emperor's Tomb on my plan to playlist! They all look so interesting, and the history of the series and its developers is fascinating.

Whoa, thank you for the video rec! I’ll be chipping away at that for sure. I hope you have fun Indying. I left off getting eaten by a very big crocodile in Emperor’s Tomb lol. It’s pretty good!

I have such good memories of Infernal Machine. 🥰 I want to say it came with a video card my family got and I remember playing (and cheating) the shit out of it

My weekend report. As I thought walking in, I really didn't get to play really any games this weekend, but I did get to play Fashion Dreamer for a few hours. I don't imagine I'm going to get super hooked on it, but I had a great time playing through the tutorial and beginning to wander online. Trying on new clothes and sharing your outfits with others is good fun! I plan to play it at least one or two times before I move on.

For non-gaming stuff, again my time was limited, but I'm really glad I got to watch the last three games of Games Done Quick on Saturday. The ending to the marathon was awesome as it went off the rails before coming back and ending spectacularly by hitting their big goal.

Games! I didn’t get play much of them this weekend! But that’s how it goes, I guess.

I played about two hours of 13 Sentinels. I’ve progressed the adventure mode as far as I can with every character I have unlocked, so I’m finally moving on to the second set of Destruction waves. The fights are fun enough I guess, but they’re shallow and incredibly easy. The story is still bonkers, so that’s been more than enough to keep me engaged.

Moving on, I started playing Picross 3D again. I had played it to completion years ago, and loved it to pieces. And it’s still just as good today! I played it for about an hour total yesterday, only making it through the Beginner tutorials and puzzles. Now the game can truly begin! It’s a nice game to have going, since the DS is so easy to pick up for a few minutes at a time, and I can close it at a moment’s notice. That’s important for me if I want to play something during the day.

And then finally, I watched the final two episodes of HBO’s The Last of Us on Friday night, and then started TLoU Part II Remastered last night. I’m about two hours into the game, and so far nothing horrible has happened yet! Based on that I can confidently say that Part II is going to be a happy game where nothing bad happens. Right?

That’s all I got. Back to the work week grind now.

I’m 20 or so hours on Trails of Zero. And I think it’s finally finding it’s space (chapter 3)

So much world building and learning how the game is structured (gameplay and narratively) was making it a slog.

But im Enjoying it now more.
Chapter 3 was long as hell

Jesus. 🫠🫠🫠

I managed about 3 hours of Baten Kaitos and nothing else. I'm having fun with it, though; it's actually a kind of comfort food experience and, in terms of style, setting and mechanics, feels pretty unique today.

Maybe next weekend I'll finally start Baldur's Gate 3.

I managed about 3 hours of Baten Kaitos and nothing else. I'm having fun with it, though; it's actually a kind of comfort food experience and, in terms of style, setting and mechanics, feels pretty unique today.

Maybe next weekend I'll finally start Baldur's Gate 3.
you’ve been saying you’re going to start BG3 for what feels like months 😅

goombaicebro's playings at 22 jan:

smash bros ultimate
mario kart 8 deluxe
tekken 8 demo ps5
cities skylines ps5
fire emblem three houses

I beat Pentiment this weekend.

Usually wouldn't bump a thread just to say that, but anyone with an interest in narrative games needs to play this. It's on game pass, so if you have access to it put 2 or 3 hours into it and see how you like it.

It's slow and interaction is very limited, but it's simply incredible. It hit me like a ton of bricks, emotionally, like no game has since Spiritfarer. I mean, I felt like I had lived in that little Bavarian village myself.

Play it.

My weekend report 🫡
jpRWfJ3.gif

iaXpQVj.gif

To be fair, I was waiting for the patch! Which is now here, and on my Xbox.
Are the save issues all worked out now? That's all I was waiting on to spend the rest of my 2024 playing BGIII.

Even though work got the best of me this weekend, now I have the next two days off. The little I've played of Another Code: Recollection has been cozy. It was made with a shoestring and a lot of heart; that's what counts. This will be my next completed game for sure.

Splatoon 3 still has its fangs sunk into me it seems. I'm eager to get my win of the day at the minimum for that sweet, sweet catalog bonus. I'm sooo close to ranking up to S!

Back
Top Bottom