• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What will The Elder Scrolls 6 take from Starfield

Joy-Boy

Bob-omb
Reviews are out, the game is in early access hands, and everyone will be playing it soon, but there's no small contingent of folks who are more eagerly waiting for Bethesda's next outing, which could be Todd Howards potential swan song for the Elder Scrolls series.

Elder Scrolls 6 wont be out for several years, but now that we're getting a good idea of what Starfield is, can do, and can be, how do you think Betesda will evolve and apply the tech and lessons of this game to TES6.

Current rumors/speculation point to the game taking place in Hammerfell or High Rock (or both), but after having a thousand explorable planet and such a long waits, I'm wondering if that's too small. Maybe they'll swing for the fence, and we'll get all of Tamriel. All 9 provinces with densely populated and hand crafted cities and towns, and procedureally generated landscapes for the rest. Like a modern reimagining of Arena and Daggerfall.

Maybe they can apply the Starfield ship and space mechanics to sailing ships and let us sail across the Abecaen Sea in a pirate ship

Or maybe there are going to be 1000 procederully generated Oblivion Realms to farm resources for in place of planets while the main province is all hand crafted.

The possibilities are endless, and I'm sure as more of us get our hands on Starfield, there could be some fun ideas

A combination of Hammerfell and High Rock would be ideal IMO. Going from the honkiest area in Tamriel to Hammerfell would be a neat changeup and offer lots of potential for architecture you don't usually see in fantasy settings in western RPGs. High Rock has some super interesting areas too.

I don't know exactly what they could take away from Starfield, as I obviously can't play it yet, but I do agree that we could see the entirety of Tamriel be the play space for the next (and possibly final) Todd Howard-led Elder Scrolls game. I could also see the ship-building mechanics being turned into some sort of Citybuilding mechanic, with building pieces instead of spaceship parts and a big empty space to work with in the world. Kinda like the Tarrey Town home building from TOTK except on a way larger scale.

I also believe that when it comes time for Fallout 5, we will just see the entirety of the post apocalyptic United States, and that will also likely wrap up the Fallout franchise as a Todd Howard-led production.

Back
Top Bottom