• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What was Gonzo trying to tell us about the future of Super Smash Brothers?

88mql5.jpg

The hole left on the board as we see here from Gonzo's segment may have been trying to tell us something.

“Does anyone actually read this stuff?”, he says, could be interpreted as a joke. Maybe at first glance, a way to mock exactly what I am doing right now. Or it could be something to signal us to look even deeper.

The shot stays on the hole left by here absence seems to perfect to be anything other than intentional. Left directly in the center of the frame.." I can't appreciate games outside of this one specific interest", he says right before the logo reveals itself, clear as day.

Gonzo tells us he wants to show us how all games related to chickens, and yet subsequently following the moments in which he tells us ominously of his specific obsession it is where we see the smash logo. And it is here we begin to realize, he must have not been simply telling us how he wants us to know in which games in the frame are related to chickens...but to enlighten us on how all the chickens lead back to Smash Bros.

Let us consider the facts: ...To the right, we see what appears be the unmistakable Minecraft Chicken. Steve already being in the game, no surprises there. The egg at the top right obviously signaling Yoshi and his ability to turn anything into an egg. A chocobo also, appears to be at the top referencing the Final Fantasy characters Cloud and Sephiroth, as well as a "random hilarious copy" of the Final Fantasy chicken likely alluding to Kirby and his abilities to copy any of the games characters (in an often hilarious manner). No announcements yet.

However...I can't help but question, where is Gonzo's girlfriend Camilla?? There is a chicken here of course.. but the chicken in question here's name is Zelda. I'm not normally one to question the relationship status of a muppet but this seems too much of a coincidence that we see a chicken on screen with Gonzo not named Camilla since the Carter administration replaced. I can't really think of an actual sensible reason Gonzo wouldn't give the opportunity of staring in a segment at a prestigious award ceremony by some random other chicken... Unless it was intention that she had to be replaced by a certain chicken.. A chicken that could only be a clue signifying yet another character in Super Smash Bros. as Camilla from Fire Emblem has never been on a Smash roster... where as Zelda has. As of this moment in time all the details point to meticulously laid out clues of smash representation including going to the extremes of excluding his girlfriend of 46 years as to not cause confusion...

except... when we look to the left. We see what cannot be mistaken as anything else other than Crash Bandicoot disguised as a chicken. He appears to be attempting to conceal himself and hope he blends in amongst all the other chicken themed pieces of evidence notes on the board... but those iconic broad shoulders, that shit eating 90's tood grin, the complete absence of an ass of any kind, cannot be so easily hidden by the flimsy costume.

I think this pretty much confirms the first character announced for the next smash entry is none other than the infamous Bandicoot. Camilla also not confirmed. Thank you Gonzo for the teaser.

And before anyone calls me a "conspiracy theorist", well Gonzo already had that covered. Of course it sounds like a conspiracy. It's literally a conspiracy board.

If anyone else has reviewed the segment or is able to pull anymore detail or information out of the subtle clues I may have left behind it would be appreciated, thanks.

edit: also shout out to my girlfriend for noticing this on stream as I would have missed it in real time and all these secrets would have gone undiscovered. I have to include her as a source or else she’ll send this post to hbomberguy

Last edited:
88mql5.jpg

The hole left on the board as we see here from Gonzo's segment may have been trying to tell us something.

“Does anyone actually read this stuff?”, he says, could be interpreted as a joke. Maybe at first glance, a way to mock exactly what I am doing right now. Or it could be something to signal us to look even deeper.

The shot stays on the hole left by here absence seems to perfect to be anything other than intentional. Left directly in the center of the frame.." I can't appreciate games outside of this one specific interest", he says right before the logo reveals itself, clear as day.

Gonzo tells us he wants to show us how all games related to chickens, and yet subsequently following the moments in which he tells us ominously of his specific obsession it is where we see the smash logo. And it is here we begin to realize, he must have not been simply telling us how he wants us to know in which games in the frame are related to chickens...but to enlighten us on how all the chickens lead back to Smash Bros.

Let us consider the facts: ...To the right, we see what appears be the unmistakable Minecraft Chicken. Steve already being in the game, no surprises there. The egg at the top right obviously signaling Yoshi and his ability to turn anything into an egg. A chocobo also, appears to be at the top referencing the Final Fantasy characters Cloud and Sephiroth, as well as a "random hilarious copy" of the Final Fantasy chicken likely alluding to Kirby and his abilities to copy any of the games characters (in an often hilarious manner). No announcements yet.

However...I can't help but question, where is Gonzo's girlfriend Camilla?? There is a chicken here of course.. but the chicken in question here's name is Zelda. I'm not normally one to question the relationship status of a muppet but this seems too much of a coincidence that we see a chicken on screen with Gonzo not named Camilla since the Carter administration replaced. I can't really think of an actual sensible reason Gonzo wouldn't give the opportunity of staring in a segment at a prestigious award ceremony by some random other chicken... Unless it was intention that she had to be replaced by a certain chicken.. A chicken that could only be a clue signifying yet another character in Super Smash Bros. as Camilla from Fire Emblem has never been on a Smash roster... where as Zelda has. As of this moment in time all the details point to meticulously laid out clues of smash representation including going to the extremes of excluding his girlfriend of 46 years as to not cause confusion...

except... when we look to the left. We see what cannot be mistaken as anything else other than Crash Bandicoot disguised as a chicken. He appears to be attempting to conceal himself and hope he blends in amongst all the other chicken themed pieces of evidence notes on the board... but those iconic broad shoulders, that shit eating 90's tood grin, the complete absence of an ass of any kind, cannot be so easily hidden by the flimsy costume.

I think this pretty much confirms the first character announced for the next smash entry is none other than the infamous Bandicoot. Camilla also not confirmed. Thank you Gonzo for the teaser.

And before anyone calls me a "conspiracy theorist", well Gonzo already had that covered. Of course it sounds like a conspiracy. It's literally a conspiracy board.

If anyone else has reviewed the segment or is able to pull anymore detail or information out of the subtle clues I may have left behind it would be appreciated, thanks.
Excellent post. My brain is too fried from the Sega announcements to contribute anything of worth but I will be watching this thread with great interest

This guy, who just today had a 15th game in his series made available on Nintendo Switch, will be making base roster. A chicken will no doubt be part of his moveset.

Pete.png

GGEZ

In that same show Sega announced a bunch of revivals of old franchises: Jet Set Radio, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Crazy Taxi...and more. Coincidentally Nintendo has recently brought some of its GameCube back catalog to Switch: Super Mario Sunshine (via 3D All Stars), Metroid Prime, and Pikmin 1 + 2. Well, there exists an old Sega ip that is synonymous with both the GameCube and chickens so I have no doubt about who Gonzo really teased to be the next Smash fighter.

3636fcce74ae4af5a2f5122c57fecfae.jpg

Finally, Billy Hatcher breaks through!

I read this thinking it would be clearer than the title, but… I must’ve missed something, because I sure as shit don’t know what you’re talking about

this just makes me want Gonzo (or any of the other muppets) to be the next guest star on Sakurai's Youtube channel.
just imagine the wild antics they could get into. Miss Piggy karate chopping Sakurai to demonstrate how to accentuate hit effects, Statler and Waldorf being used as an example of how not to fairly critique a game, Beaker inventing a machine to go deep into the fine details of programming...

Back
Top Bottom