• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion What streamers do you enjoy watching?

SeaBusCBus

Marth/Fox is 60/40
I have been active on Twitch since 2014. Mainly watching for speedrunners. A few have come and gone, but I've got a few that I love to watch and have subbed to regularly.

Trihex has been my guy through and through. Love him as a person and content creator. His Yoshi Island speedruns are what introduced me to the concept of a speedrun.

Since then, I've followed quite a few Zelda speedrunners. ZFG1, PopeSquidward, LegendOfZaheer and TrevPerson.

Few other games and streamers like Aurateur and Fifi.

Just curious, who are you watching? Favorite streamers or games to watch speedran? Favorite memories?

Maximillian Dood is one I still watch after all this time. He has great fighting game stuff and enjoyable reaction content. Especially during the smash hype.

images

The closest to a streamer I care about.

I tend to prefer smaller streamers, so I don't have any well known names to throw out.

I don't watch her Twitch, just throw my Prime sub to her and then watch her YouTube, but FalseSymmetry.

I guess Thabeast and CarlSagan42, though both I consume 99% of their edited live streams on youtube.

Tbf, I only watch Arino of GCCX, though I can appreciate the positivity Maximillian Dood brings to the table.

The ones I listed except kyle are not well known. Its always a good thing to shoutout smaller streamers.
Yeah, you're absolutely right. Just in case anyone is looking for some recommendations, I'm shouting out my current two favorite streamers.

Branca93 - She's become far bigger than a small stream, but I still enjoy her streams. She either plays old PC adventure games or RPGs modern and classic. Really positive attitude and friendly vibes in the chat.

Tswizzle01 - He's a big penguin fan who plays a huge variety of games. A ton of Fire Emblem, though he will play stuff in between games. He's on Loop Hero as of late.

One of my favorites is Supergreatfriend. An old let's player turned streamer who covers mostly just games that interest him, so there's a skew towards more jank and horror (his most famous project is Deadly Premonition LP which should tell you a lot about the tastes of the guy).
Dry, witty, always gives the game time to breathe, it's a delight watching him discover something else strange and obscure or even games that are better known (among my favorites is the entire Alone in the Dark collection which he ended with a Wii port of 2008 and man, that game has to be seen to be believed).

WoolieVS and Pat Stares At formerly of another friend-based group SuperBestFriends are also good. Cover everything they're hyped about, know a lot about stuff that interests them, and their enthusiasm is infectious. Watched them talk a lot about SF6 even if I don't play fighting games at all.

I watch Northernlion, Max Dood, and Kyle Bosman but I don't really like stream so I watch their youtube videos. Northernlion the most, and he's the only one I'll watch (or rather listen) hour+ unedited videos for pretty regularly.

Vinesauce is the only one I regularly keep up with, otherwise I’m less about following specific streamers and more about following specific games. I love watching first playthroughs of older Zelda games, Xenoblade 2, Ace Attorney, and others.

The Game Grumps. I can't stand any streamers that have a camera on them while they play no matter how sincere they may actually be in their reactions or whatever. With them playing off camera gives them more of a laidback demeanor and less of a forced "gotta-be-on" talking to an invisible audience feel which I find grating.

They play a huge variety of games, most Nintendo games, they have a decent stable of voices to provide for characters, and can be pretty hysterically funny with their improvised lines.

Their currently playing through the second Phoenix Wright game which is pretty great so far.

Back
Top Bottom