• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion What Nintendo OST/Songs move you emotionally or provoke a sense of nostalgia?

N64 Peach

Cappy
Pronouns
He/Him
I love music so much, of all kinds - but I especially love video game music, and Nintendo music at that. Sometimes when going back and listening to a track, I’ll get like this just…feeling I can’t very well describe - other than it just feels like…fond and warm? Emotional? Like, sometimes it coincides with a time in your life, something you may have been going through at the time, and other times it’s just as simple as “I loved that song” - it all comes from a place of love, memories, fuzzy goosebumpy feelings (things like that haha)

I have way too many to name, but I wanted to share a few!

(I know Sonic itself isn’t Nintendo like I said in the title but, I tie my memories with Mega Collection so greatly with the GameCube, and hey, it used to be a Cube exclusive!)

(This particular live version brings up a lot of fantastic memories for me. Pokémon Go was released and a hot hit. Playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions on my Wii U, the unsureness of what Nintendo was going to do next. Etc.) also, the instrumental part at 1:18 is just…chefs kiss

And most recently, I’ve been playing Golden Sun on NSO and it’s soundtrack gives me all the feelings in talking about here. This track in particular is just everything I love about JRPG cozy village music wrapped into a single track:

Those are just a few, but the list could go on and on! Thank you for taking time to look at this thread, hopefully some of you have music to share!

Brings me right back to when I was five and playing on my N64 (which was only mine because my older brother realized it wouldn't be getting any RPGs and ditched it for a PS1).

Super Mario Galaxy has probably my favorite OST in all of gaming, and Good Egg Galaxy is one of the first songs from it that sticks out as one of the outright best. It's not my personal favorite track from the game (Melty Molten Galaxy, Boo Waltz, Comet Observatory, Battlerock...), but Good Egg immediately fills me with heavy nostalgia.

90% of the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum OST could be my answer for this, but….

I went to see Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions in 2016, and I will never forget the actual tears running down my face when they started playing this song

Any variation of this song works, but I specifically got very emotional when they started playing this during the Direct that announced the Roost was finally coming back.

Last edited:
There are a million of them, but for whatever reason the first one that came to mind is this:

A lot. Like a lot, a lot. Like many here I’m sure Nintendo were some of my first experiences with gaming and I’ve been playing Nintendo games for nearly 30 years now. I’ll link the first one that came to mind:

It’s the first song I think of when I think of Paper Mario, and at the time the game was sorta seen as a last hurrah for the N64 (probably the most nostalgic console for me overall), and its melancholy vibe really hits hard for me.

To this day, I can't listen to Gusty Garden Galaxy without tearing up... I don't even know why. It's just an automatism atp. It is one of the most beautiful songs to my ears.

Forever imprinted on my memory:

A lot of memories tied to this one (first played it at my cousin’s house)l:

Specifically the Game Boy chiptune version:

Not my favorite track from the game, just one of the earliest when I knew I was going love this game:

My favorite arrangement of this track:

Life-changing when I finally got to this:

As you can see, a lot of Mario and Zelda. When I was a kid, my parents normally only bought me video games on my birthday and Christmas so if I chose poorly, that was it for like half a year.

Animal Crossing New Leaf had the OST in the series in my eyes, and 4AM and 1AM are really setting that kind of mood in me. FamilyJules even made a nice acoustic version of 1AM, which I truly love.

Mostly, Splatoon music is always energetic, and I do love some tracks, but I always go back to the Sunken Scrolls music, since that was just relaxing and yet mysterious, that gives me time to chill.

Samen goes for Mario Kart, always energetic themes that are mostly cool to listen to. But the WiFi menu theme from DS gives me memories of me connecting to the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector to play online matches. That theme is calm and sets off a nice vibe in me. I use this one when I like to scroll through my browser.

there's several of these for me but if you catch me in the right mindset and put on stickerbush symphony there's a solid chance itll bring tears to my eyes

I'll split them up between childhood (5-12), teenager years (13-18), and adulthood (19+).

Childhood:

Teenager years:

Adulthood:

Just a sample. There's probably more but it's 4 AM lmao.

Edit: oops, not everything here is a Nintendo game or even on a Nintendo console. Uh... at least a lot of them are! I'm going to bed.

Super Mario Galaxy has probably my favorite OST in all of gaming, and Good Egg Galaxy is one of the first songs from it that sticks out as one of the outright best. It's not my personal favorite track from the game (Melty Molten Galaxy, Boo Waltz, Comet Observatory, Battlerock...), but Good Egg immediately fills me with heavy nostalgia.

Man, the sense of being in the beginning of a grand epic adventure that you are going to remember for life this song gives in unmatched. I get goosebumps everytime.

This is my modest selection, although I leave out a lot of themes that make me feel nostalgic.

Back
Top Bottom