• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion What Nintendo Means To Me

• Thread starter Deleted member 1676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1676

First off, I wanted to apologize if this Thread comes off as spammy, or cheesey, or whatever. I just feel good I finally have a safespace to talk about my love for Nintendo, as this Forum seems to call back to a familiar and comforting time of the NSider Forums. I miss those days! Anyways:

I know for a lot of people, Nintendo is just a company. And yes, at the end of the day, that IS what they are: but I have a bit of an emotional investment with this brand, and I don't mean that in a corporate synergy-type way. What I mean is: Nintendo really truly has been there for me my entire life thus far, and have been a constant in my life no matter what else was happening.

When I think back on hardships I've faced throughout my life - Nintendo was always somehow apart of it all in a positive way.

I feel very safe with their games, if that makes any sense. They make me very happy and I'm so glad their core DNA hasn't really changed much.

In fact, it's interesting: because even back in Reggie's Iwata Speech at The Game Awards, he said "No matter what is going on in our lives or in the world - Iwata wanted Nintendo to just put a smile on people's faces. Nintendo, at its heart, is about making us feel younger than we are today."

I will spare personal details and just say that...yes, they have definitely done that for me more than several times. šŸ’™

35 years of life have been shared with Nintendo, and whenever I play their games, I fall back into chidhood with a smile on my face...

@Panda : it's heartwarming to read such beautiful posts and it makes this place all the more special šŸ„²

Games in general do mean a lot to me, like other hobbies do, but gaming is my biggest and Nintendo is the one publisher/dev I like/play the most.
So, yeah they are somewhat important to me, but that's hobbies for you. If you wouldn't care for it, it wouldn't really be a hobby.

I know to seperate the business, the PR speeches the bullshit that Nintendo pulls like most companies do, but I still am
emotionally attached to their products, just like people can be emotionally attached to books, movies ans stuff.

35 years of life have been shared with Nintendo, and whenever I play their games, I fall back into chidhood with a smile on my face...

@Panda : it's heartwarming to read such beautiful posts and it makes this place all the more special šŸ„²
Thank you so much! And I'm very glad you feel the same way! It takes a lot out of me to post something like this because I get cautious and nervous of criticism but, I think if anything I'm in the right place to post this kind of thing. Thanks again!

Thank you so much! And I'm very glad you feel the same way! It takes a lot out of me to post something like this because I get cautious and nervous of criticism but, I think if anything I'm in the right place to post this kind of thing. Thanks again!
You will always be welcome, and no need to thank me !!

It is both a pleasure and an honor šŸ˜Š

I loved how on the N64 box it said The Fun Machine

Sales and third party support be damned, that was a legendary console with some of the best Nintendo games ever

Mario 64 for the first time will always be my most mind blowing moment in gaming

this
é‹ć‚’å¤©ć«ä»»ć›ć‚‹ (ā€œun wo ten ni makaseruā€)

but seriously the company that save bayo :)

Nintendo games are what represents video games to me: fun and a focus on gameplay. I get a sense of glee when I play a Nintendo game as opposed to anything else. Not that there's anything else with other comapnies, not at all. I play a wide variety of games on all platforms, I like more than just Nintendo!

But Nintendo are the only company that still pull me in for hours on end. Marathoning Odyssey and BotW for eight hours straight. Beating Metroid Dread in 2 days. Still booting up retro consoles, just to play the older titles. When I hit a lull in gaming, it's usually a Nintendo game that pulls me back in. Before Switch, my gaming hours dropped significantly, it was Switch that brought it all back up there.

Just a special company. And yes, I know, company. Still, they make fantastic products.

Back
Top Bottom