• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion What is your variety gamer score?

Kingpin Rogers

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him
Template here

And this is what I got, 87 out of 100 if I counted right? I took play by the literal meaning so that's any game I've controlled the character on for any amount of time. Still most of those I have played at least quite a while in at least one of their entries and most of the ones I've missed I intend to play at some point.
XD8wKBy.png

94/100

Biggest franchises I haven’t touched are Mass Effect and Yakuza. If those get Switch ports I’d play them ahem ahem

29/100, and that's being generous

that's what i get for being a neurodivergent person who hyperfixates on one series at a time lol

I only didn't played the warhammer and total war franchises.

I did played tabletop warhammer and used the total war racer in sonic kart =D

THAT BEING SAID, not all of the games i played A LOT or the games in the franchise i should have played =x

I guess mine is 48 or so. I sorta just winged it on what I consider having "played" the series, and I probably wasn't very consistent. I've played Fallout 3 and Skyrim but it was long enough ago that I barely remember anything about them and I didn't finish them and I wouldn't feel comfortable passing an opinion on them as games, so I guess that last part is where I draw the line. Same goes for several games on here like Bioshock, Far Cry, GTA, Team Fortress, etc.

gamesthing.png

25 using a minimum threshold of a few hours or so, probably more like 35 if I also counted ones i've played for like less than an hour

16f6b2b815051198a05c278f1a5002c2.png

50/100 that I can remember , most I haven’t played is because I never had the platforms to play them when they released games or just don’t care for the genre (this is common for most western stuff)

I wanna play the Nier games but the PC ports of Square Enix are shit... can you please make some good Switch ports SE...

If they never port them to the Switch, then i have to wait for a deep discount.

FToKpafX0AITTV_

I’ve played most of these, but only claim the checked ones. Stuff like Kingdom Hearts, Yakuza, Persona…I’ve played and bounced off of.

2hkOets_d.webp

43/100

Although, the list isn't that indicative of variety. All those are big, well-known series. There are many lesser known/indie games out there that have more varied gameplay and ideas than the games featured here.

Counting anything I've played at least a couple hours of, 64/100 here! The ones I haven't touched are basically split between "it's on my backlog I swear I haven't forgotten" and "yes I'm avoiding this one on purpose".

I'd be really curious to see a list like this but for genres (with games/series as examples) though, that list is pretty skewed in favor of big names and more popular genres so there's a lot of "variety" that doesn't necessarily come up.

25, but that’s not surprising since I mostly stick to Nintendo games and Nintendo systems. =P If there was a Nintendo version of this, though, I’m sure I’d score very high, lol. (Someone should make that…)

If this is organized by series, should neir and drakengard really be separate entries?

and if they are, what about old man nier and pretty boy nier versions?

Not bad, not great. Counted anything I’ve played for at least a few hours. Could add a few that I played for like an hour or less but eh.

I will say, I was doing pretty well until I got to the right side of the image, then it all fell apart

I got 45/100 and my biggest reaction is "that's an interesting cross-section of games, how'd they come up with it?"

II8DSFP.png

48/100 here, I generally don't play FPS or many western games so that limits it somewhat.

Why are series like Star Fox, Pikmin and Metroid here and not Kirby, Smash, or Wario? Jak And Daxter over Sly Cooper? The methodology is weird.

If it's just played games, then it's 99/100 for me. The only series I haven't tried out of that list is Dragon Age.

If this was at least one game beaten, the number would have been much lower.

Also, some important omissions in the list: Ridge Racer, Civilization, Darksiders, Infamous, Warriors, Digimon, Virtua Fighter, Burnout, SSX... And Xeno series. Drakengard is much more niche series than Xeno.

@Tye I took a crack at it. Obviously far from comprehensive, but it's a decent sampler. Generally trends from more popular at the top to less popular below

SOfp1Ce.png
Oh, nice! 47/52 for me. I should really get around to knocking out those 5 that I haven’t touched at all yet (Wave Race, Mario Artist, Wars, StarTropics, and Yakuman). To be fair, Mario Artist and Yakuman have been exclusive to Japan, but I guess I don’t have much of an excuse for the other three beyond the fact that they just haven’t been a priority for me. I’ll be fixing that with Wars once Advance Wars 1+2 for Switch comes out of limbo, and I’m sure Wave Race will be coming to N64 NSO eventually, but I really should have played StarTropics by now, I suppose, lol.

I’m surprised at the 70+ scores here.

Do you guys just like every genre? Personally I have a whole bunch of series here I’ve played every game in, and then a whole bunch I have no interest in (RTS, FPS, WRPG, fighting etc) that even if I had all the time in the world my 40/100 wouldn’t go higher than 50 or 60.

I’m surprised at the 70+ scores here.

Do you guys just like every genre? Personally I have a whole bunch of series here I’ve played every game in, and then a whole bunch I have no interest in (RTS, FPS, WRPG, fighting etc) that even if I had all the time in the world my 40/100 wouldn’t go higher than 50 or 60.
My 64 was partially boosted by series I haven't played for 15 to 20 years, or which I've played a tiny bit of and immediately bounced off. It's not like I'm a current fan - or even a particularly strong past fan - of all 64 series I've tried from that list.

xLIrYkY.jpg
66 so far, still need to play some of the most famous ones.
nvhQ0Sw.png
32 / 52 not bad at all.

.n_n.

Last edited:
@Tye I took a crack at it. Obviously far from comprehensive, but it's a decent sampler. Generally trends from more popular at the top to less popular below

SOfp1Ce.png
HqEWoZ3.png

40/52. X was a deep cut, ashamed to admit I couldn't mark X for it.

Also, I would have listed "other DK" after "DK Country," a bit confusing this way.

53 for me. I guess I generally avoid shooters and competitive multiplayer games in general.

I got 60. A handful of these I've played for very short periods of time....decided to make my cutoff at least one hour of playtime.

20220525_202045111.png

marked warhammer as yellow because ive only played like 10 hours of the mmo which prolly isnt super representative of the franchise as a whole lol

anyway a 91 or 92 out of 100 depending on how you count warhammer

Back
Top Bottom