• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club What is the very best Star Fox 64 oneliner?

What is the very best Star Fox oneliner?

• DO A BARREL ROLL!

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • HEY EINSTEIN, I'M ON YOUR SIDE!

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • SLIPPY, WATCH OUT! BOGEY ON YOUR TAIL!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MY EMPEROR! I'VE FAILED YOOOOU!

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • JEEZ LAWEEZ, WHAT IS THAT?!

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • NEVER GIVE UP! TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS!

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • SORRY TO JET, BUT I'M IN A HURRY!

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I'VE GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA! LO-SER!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOW IT'S OUR TURN TO KICK SOME TAIL!

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • ANNOYING BIRD! I AM THE GREAT LEON!

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Other (This poll could go on forever...)

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters
How is “can’t let you do that, Star Fox” not on here

Of these though, my favorite is “sorry to jet, but I’m in a hurry”

Pretty much everything out of Wolf is gold. 'Can't let you do that, Star Fox' is the obvious pick, but I'm partial to:

You're good... but I'm BETTAH

USE THE BOOST TO GET THROUGH!

I'm no match for you. I admit defeat. Ha ha! You're not as stupid as you look!

I know "do a barrel roll" is basic AF and has been quoted and meme'd to death (even by Nintendo themselves) but Rick May's delivery of that line was just so fun.

DO A BARREL ROLL!!!
I think it's the most iconic :)

Probably everyone knows this, but for those who don't: Try writing "Do a barrel roll" in Google and press Enter.

DO A BARREL ROLL!!!
I think it's the most iconic :)

Probably everyone knows this, but for those who don't: Try writing "Do a barrel roll" in Google and press Enter.
This really speaks to how poorly managed SF is as a brand

SF64 is such an iconic and beloved game Google literally has an animation for it if you type in a piece of dialogue

And since then it's been. Well. You know

I've never been big on how people meme the lines from the game, but I do like "Never give up. Trust your instincts." as a line.

For the best one liner though, the death scream of the Shogun pilot from the Japanese version of the game has to be up there somewhere.

I like Falco’s ‘gee I’ve been saved by Fox, how swell’, just dripping with sarcasm.

Best has to be Andross’s ‘only I have the brains to rule Lylat!’, after revealing himself to be a giant brain. An awful pun but so fitting for Starfox’s cartoon tone.

Hey Einstein implies they're from our universe and know about humanity which is obviously insane nonsense so that wins for me

Not necessarily, maybe somewhere in their universe exists an anthromorphic animal infamous for being very bright or very dumb, whose name is Einstein. Could be a border collie or a panda.

Sorry to jet was the first one to pop into my head when I read the title, so I voted that one.

For me, I was a fan of "NO! HIT THE BRAKES!!! I CAN'T STOP IIIIITT!!!!!"

The performance really sold me on that one.
"Let's see what you've got."

"Haha, you're not as stupid as you LOOK!" - love the delivery on this boss, one of my faves.
These two were the ones that lived rent free in my head for years though.

Star Fox 64 is quite literally Awesome Action Movie One-Liners: The Game. You can't make me pick just one. The biggest failing of the brand is that no game since has come anywhere close in quotability.

...But if I had to pick one:
"Haha, you're not as stupid as you LOOK!" - love the delivery on this boss, one of my faves.

I'm kind of weirdly partial to the line "We’re gonna break through that fleet" in Area 6 - the enemy responding back with constant bewilderment at how they keep breaking through each line of defence, the swelling music - it's such a triumphant mission, Fox just makes Star Fox come off as so cooly unstoppable, heroic.

Not necessarily, maybe somewhere in their universe exists an anthromorphic animal infamous for being very bright or very dumb, whose name is Einstein. Could be a border collie or a panda.
border Collie is very inteligent, it must be a donkey

JUST ONE MORE TO GO. PHEW! MUSIC TO MY EARS.

Watch people not notice that this one is from Star Fox Zero.

Omg this needs to be a crossover tshirt design

Stop giving me ideas.
bREW.png

Why does this dude look like he's about to take over Apple?

Because the only people that have the audacity to try to assume control over a multi-billion dollar corporation are the same kind of people that proudly walks around with video game furry animal meme shirts.

This is so tough! They're all so good is the thing. How about...

"You can't beat me, I've got a better ship!" - Pigma (I think?)

Back
Top Bottom