• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What is the reason that 2K mainline wrestling games have skipped Switch since 2018?

Mr Swine

Like Like
Pronouns
He
2K18 was a mess and I’ve had hopes that 2K would optimize their engines for Switch for future wrestling games. But they haven’t released any new games other than some spin offs.

I hope that with Switch 2 they start releasing more wrestling games

WWE pays for the development costs of the games. It seems it's not enough to cover for all platforms and it's more evident now that they ditched last gen versions before any other sports title.

The series had its golden age during 2008-2013 when they released on all active platforms, Wii, PSP and DS included. We might return to that era when/if the porting is much cheaper with the Switch successor.

Until then, AEW Fight Forever is more than enough replacement.

I haven't enjoyed a WWE game since around 2007. They were essentially the same game for a long time, and my interest flatlined as soon as they introduced all of that chain wrestling business. I picked one up a couple of times purely for the CAW mode, as it was the only element I actually enjoyed.

I would have really appreciated Switch having a 'Day Of Reckoning' moment, but alas it was not to be.

Ah well, back to waiting patiently for Capcom to finally cave and give us the Slam Masters follow-up I've clamoured for.

To me, they just didn't want to invest in a studio for the Switch ports + WWE 2K series was in a decline quality wise up until recently.
Thing, the WWE games got taken over by Visual Concepts, who otherwise has been consistent with Switch support with NBA & Lego Drive.

I own WWE 2k18 on Switch, it is an enormously horrible port. If they weren't going to bother making a version that could even stay in sync for entrances, why would they spend more money continuing to port them down.

Thing, the WWE games got taken over by Visual Concepts, who otherwise has been consistent with Switch support with NBA & Lego Drive.
They actually are not. They ditched Switch after just one PGA game and the upcoming Top Spin is skipping Switch despite the previous entries sold really well on Nintendo systems. It seems Visual Concepts does not bother with Switch if the game lacks last gen (PS4/Xbox one) versions.

I’m normally pretty tolerant of frame rate and performance, but by God, 2018 was a streaming pile. Even one on one, non gimmick matches played horrendously.

That game taught me never to buy anything other than Nintendo on Switch without reading impressions on performance before hand

Back
Top Bottom