• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler What has been the best song you’ve heard in a video game this year (spoilers possibly in song titles or comments in YouTube for song posted)?

DecoReturns

Memento Mori
I was gonna wait till the end of the year but figure. I’ll just make another thread.

Video Game music.

So many new titles. So many new songs.

So, Fami. What has been the best song you’ve heard this year in the games you’ve played.

Here’s mine from Xenoblade 3.

It’s called “Words that Never Reached You”

Basically the entire soundtrack for the House in Fata Morgana. The game didn’t come out this year, but this year is when I finally played it.

Mine is also from Xenoblade 3. It's played during a major spoiler so don't read the comments if you haven't gotten to that part yet.

I know Xeno 3 will likely get a lot of mentions and rightfully so, so I’m gonna throw this one in

I also wanted to use this opportunity to give a shout out to Pokemon Legend's soundtrack. Coming back to Jubilife Village at sunset with the theme playing gives off massive vibes. Probably one of my favorite home bases in gaming ever.

it might be beaten by something in the story mode but this immediately came to mind

edit: fuck never mind it's gotta be something from kirby

I also wanted to use this opportunity to give a shout out to Pokemon Legend's soundtrack. Coming back to Jubilife Village at sunset with the theme playing gives off massive vibes. Probably one of my favorite home bases in gaming ever.

Agreed!! My favourite track of the year (so far). I haven't played much tbf but it's hard for me to think something can top this. Extremely relaxing and nostalgic and fresh at the same time. Couple that with the great Skybox, and throwing your team out to hang with them... Really want to jump back into the game now!!

Xenoblade 3 and Forgotten Land are my favorite soundtracks overall from this year, but my favorite track period is this one from Nirvahna Initiative.

I can't tell you how much I love whatever the hell this trash is because the song still doesn't have an actual name

Xenoblade 3 and Forgotten Land are my favorite soundtracks overall from this year, but my favorite track period is this one from Nirvahna Initiative.

I forgot about this track! AI:NI I felt like I liked the music less than the first game overall, but this track is a standout.

I bet nobody even heard that low health bit in game

Such an insane track for what's essentially a mini boss rush, so good.

I would have also loved to put some amazing live a live remake tracks but square enix is awful and keeps blocking ost uploads of that game so fuck them.

And for all the xenoblade 3 fans I'll just put this track here that will definitely not give emotional damaging flashbacks to everyone who played the game

I have a lot of reservations and critique for We Are OFK, but it's impossible to deny the, in my opinion, best soundtrack of the year.

don't care if I've had to listen to it 40 billion times. banger. candy coated rocks also rules

edit: that xenoblade moebius track slaps wtf

Last edited:

personally my song of the year has to be this lil beauty

Also, shout out to the gorgeous chord progression at this timestamp:

From what I can make out, it's something like:

F - C(add4) - Eb - Bb - Gb(add9) - Ab - Eb(add9) - F

Sounds like Gareth Coker loves his add9's.

Back
Top Bottom