• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club What game will win Famiboards' GOTY?

Irene

Soar long!
Pronouns
She/Her
Last year, Xeoblade Chronicles 3 made a pretty big sweep on this site's game of the year celebration. It rang home 5 categories including Game of the Year, basically all categories that it was nominated for except "Cutest character". (Pour one out for Sena!)

Granted, it was the big Nintendo game of 2022. This year, the big Nintendo game is clearly Tears of the Kingdom, a game that was deemed "the sweeper" back when no one knew how stacked 2023 would actually become. But since this is a Nintendo-focused site, will it indeed be another hard sweep happening?

Or is something else going to go down? If that’s the case, then what do you think will win this site’s big GOTY award?

(And yes, the Game of the year celebration is indeed returning again!)

Last edited:
I mean, I expect Mario Wonder, Pikmin 4, and Metroid Prime Remastered to get some recognition, but yeah, TotK is going to be dominant.

I liked prime remastered better but yeah totk will probably take it

also looking at that 2022 thread elden ring got robbed damn.

Depends on which game has an unnatural push
giphy.gif

Zelda, Tears of the Baldurs Wake Wonder Resident RPG Deluxe Spider Rush Cyber 4 Superstars

Come on, Fami. We can make a Super Mario Bros. Wonder sweep happen. You know it's the objectively correct choice this year. Let's make it happen!

I'm not ready for a Zelda game to once again overshadow a Mario game for GOTY. They can't keep getting away with this!

Come on, Fami. We can make a Super Mario Bros. Wonder sweep happen. You know it's the objectively correct choice this year. Let's make it happen!

I'm not ready for a Zelda game to once again overshadow a Mario game for GOTY. They can't keep getting away with this!
I will align with any power that promises to prevent TOTK's win.

Well if everybody played it and were being honest with themselves it would be Trombone Champ by a landslide. But I feel like it's been majorly slept on sadly. It has even got some free songs since release too. Pretty cool!

Everybody go buy Trombone Champ, crank up the volume on your sound system, and toot away until your neighbors come a-knocking because they surely want to play it too.

Whichever one snatches FamiGotY, it's gonna be the wrong one.

Guaranteed!

if there's a "strategy" award I liked Pikmin 4 and all but honestly I think I had an even more satisfying time with Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp, feels like it goes way under the radar for acknowledgement this year. Sure, it's pretty much the same old gameplay but the presentation was fantastic and the QoL like better fog-of-war and replayable campaign levels made it so comfy to play. Pikmin 4 had too many weird quirks to its whole structure and gameplay in comparison. Advance Wars is purity

Last edited:
I think Family Boards is a very interesting place for gaming discussion. Never promoting the mainstream and always helping the underdogs. I've found many great hidden gems on this website, and I expect the members to not let me down for GOTY 2023. That is why it will be the hidden gem The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.

I think Family Boards is a very interesting place for gaming discussion. Never promoting the mainstream and always helping the underdogs. I've found many great hidden gems on this website, and I expect the members to not let me down for GOTY 2023. That is why it will be the hidden gem The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
How much could one expect to pay for this unheralded indie darling? Why, I'd pay upwards of $68 (USD).

couldn’t tell you who’ll win

but Pikmin 4 will keep being the best game of the year

It'll be Tears of the Kingdom.

In before Baldur's Gate 3 gets the surprise sweep on a Nintendo forum.

I would actually kinda love to see a game that's not on a Nintendo platform take the crown at some point. I think it would be a pretty big statement of quality if this managed to happen despite portions of the site not having access to the game, and it would show that we as a community aren't just blindly loyal to a corporation in as much as we just enjoy well designed games.

I think it would be a pretty big statement of quality if this managed to happen despite portions of the site not having access to the game, and it would show that we as a community aren't just blindly loyal to a corporation in as much as we just enjoy well designed games.

87072488-7c05-47f4-9431-371e547470b6_text.gif

SOMEBO-

Back
Top Bottom