• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What do you think about the new Nintendo Direct layout and theme?

What do you think about the new Direct layout and theme?

• I like it.

• I don't like it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

LukasManak22

who the fuck is that
I don't like it, even the music is not really catchy.

image.png

The publisher is little bit too small?

image.png

not to mention that the usual sound effects are gone

Last edited:
Honestly, idc. I can't be bothered to care what the background music sounds like, like it's really not a thing to worry about.

I really like it honestly. It needed a change, it’s been long enough

It's a little suspicious that they're veering away from the Switch snap noise. Makes me wonder if the Switch 2 fixed-controls rumours might have something to them.

I don't think the flipping motion graphics necessarily mean anything, but the Switch 2 being the "Nintendo FLiP" or something would be wild.

Yeah, I didn't really notice. They show the games and I type in caps lock on Famiboards and throw out some "ohhh shiiiitts."

That's all I know.

I’ll only judge this in comparison to the last Partner show. I liked this one a lot more for graphics and transitions. Probably will be able to judge it more in a proper Direct format.

I didn't notice anything different. These are just ads to me, so I don't pay much attention to these details.

It's all right, it looks better but it doesnt sound as good. The sound effects and music are less snappy.

Looks MUCH better than the last redesign (which I didn’t really like). More modern and a little bit more PlayStation-inspired too with the 3D look and gentle animations.

New theme, who dis?

It's fine. I don't think anything particularly stood out, everything just felt fairly subtle and subdued, and the whole thing was just rapid fire announcements. I think it'll come into its own over the course of the year.

Not really sure why they are changing it at the end of the Switch era but it's more about what people were used to.
It’s probably the switch 2 format, I imagine originally at some point we were supposed to know by now. And they didn’t bother just redoing the graphics for it.

Back
Top Bottom