• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion What are your household's bills and subscriptions and what do they cost?

crepuscule

Bob-omb
I always find this thread interesting seeing the similarities and differences between different countries. Americans get fucked up the ass by telecom companies and, of course, health insurance for instance.

Here's mine:

Rent: £73.12 per week, tiny 2 bed housing association flat
Communal service charge: £8.17 per week
Council Tax: £11 per month, heavily discounted
Water & Sewage: £25.98 per four weeks
Electricity: £27.40 per month (average of 2021)
Natural Gas: £37.28 per month (average of 2021)
Internet: £24 per month 60mbps down, 15 up, no cap
Mobile: £6 per month unlimited minutes, texts, 2GB 5G data

Total: £109.63 per week

Netflix: ~£3 a month, HD tier, buying 100 Turkish Lira gift cards every few months
Amazon Prime: £7.99 a month
Disney+: Use sister's account
YouTube Music: Free vanced version
Game Pass Ultimate: £110 for three years. Paid up until end of 2023 using cheap Gold cards and conversion.
Nintendo Switch Online: ~£3.21 a year, family membership for ~£22.50 split seven ways
Pokémon Home: £14.39 per year
Pokémon Bank £4.49 per year

Total £12.12 per week

England, UK. Don't have regular transport costs as I live close to the center of my town so can walk to anything I regularly need to get to. If needed will get a day bus ticket. Gas & Electric are both on fixed tarrifs ending in April and because of the absurd price increases since the start of the tarriff they will nearly double. Not looking forward to that. Rent actually decreased last year. First time that's ever happened, hope it continues this year lol.

West Virginia:
House payment with insurance: $802/month
Electric: $190/month
Internet: $100/month comes with HBO Max
Water: $50/month
Fire/Refuse/City Service: 130ish/quarterly
Car insurance: $40/month
Cell Phone: $100/month Comes with Disney+

My wife is a teacher, so I’m on her PEIA which is pretty inexpensive. I usually Venmo her $40-$50 a month for it.

I pay for Prime/Hulu/Paramount+/NSO + Expansion family plan.

I’d estimate it’s around $1500 a month total, not counting groceries and other stuff. I don’t drive my personal vehicle very often as the company I work for provides a truck/gas card, so that helps a lot too.

Back
Top Bottom