• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club What Are You Playing This Weekend, Fam? One Day Late Edition |4/29-4/30|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Apologies for not getting this thread up yesterday! My sister is getting married today, and yesterday was packed full of prep for the wedding.

So anyway, what is Fami playing this weekend? If I can squeeze any gaming time in, I’ll be playing more FF7R. I’m in the Shinra building now, so I think I’m approaching the end.

I literally just finished Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed and it was awesome! The rest of my weekend is devoted to Advance Wars Reboot Camp and Golden Sun.

Enjoy the wedding OP! :)

My Quest to best octopath 2 before TotK is still on. I am on the last chapter with a few characters and have two left on others, I should be able to beat it before the 12th :)

Also gonna try fast rmx on the NSO trials

I don't knoooowwww, literally just trying to figure it out.

Super tempting to carry on playing Reboot Camp, now I've hit 100% on the AW1 campaign; but I can't decide if I'll continue with War Room or move to the AW2 campaign. A niggling voice is telling me I should go back to Chained Echoes, though, and finish that before Zelda.

So for now I'm compromising by not playing any videogame and am instead concentrating on finishing the third Wheel of Time book. See what you made me do, Nintendo Switch OLED from the Nintendo Switch family of systems?

Great, have fun at your sister's wedding !

Personally I'll be playing Final Fantasy 14. Did a new character recently, a Paladin and I'm starting to slowly level him up as a Dark Knight too. My first time playing tank in FF14. I expect to finish the main story of Stormblood this week-end (not the post-Stormblood pre-Shadowbringers quests though, just 4.0 quests).

And from time to time I boot up Advance Wars for some quick missions ! Still as fun as ever but damn this game is hard. I'm wayyyyy better at it than I was as a kid obviously, but I'm having a hard time at some missions even on easy mode.

Would gladly play Xenoblade 3 DLC but honestly I'm way too into FF14 right now to want to play another scenario heavy JRPG with similar MMOish gameplay. I'll probably play it in June or something because TOTK is soon to be here !

FFXIV, currently levelling Black Mage and farming tomestones for the Moogle Event. Not sure I really care for BLM, but I do like the spell effects.

Playing MMBN Legacy Collection (MMBN2) and XC3 Future Redeemed on the side, taking them kinda slow.

Wrapping up my 2nd playthrough of BOTW in preparation for TOTK, currently cooking meals and grabbing fairies before heading over to Hyrule Castle.

Also on case 3 of Great Ace Attorney (insane case so far) and playing MMBN 2 on legacy collection. Loving both games!

I dug out my 3DS in the final days of the eShop, and have been playing Bye-Bye Boxboy and Fallblox. I've also returned to Hades after putting it to the side after my first full run. I think I'll continue with this setup until TotK and not start anything new and big.

My sister is getting married today, and yesterday was packed full of prep for the wedding
Congratulations to your sister!

Meanwhile I'm battling two pesky Valkyries in God of War: Ragnarok. They just healed to full health A THIRD TIME. STAY DOWN!

Advance Wars!!! I should have the main campaign of the first game finished in a few days (while chipping away at the War Room). After AW1 is done I'm going back to finish Dust as I don't want it to get inadvertently pushed to the abandoned pile.

Gargoyles Quest on NSO for me! Currently 2 hours in and at the desert level. Maybe I can finish it this weekend, but I don't know how big of a game it is

I'll probably be able to finish Future Redeemed today or tomorrow. Loving it so far, excited to see how it unfolds. Then it will be FF VI time

Octopath Traveler 2 and messing around with the SF6 demo. Really enjoying OT2 so far.

Congratulations to your sister and that her life is blessed. Have fun there.

My pick is an unusual one, but I'll be playing Luigi Mansion 2. Never finished when it launched, so here i am to finish what I started. And probably play a bit of Granblue Versus too.

1674710908-5153-jaquette-avant.jpg

I feel like I can finally participate in these threads again because my answer is no longer Elden Ring, which took me from January through April to finally finish.

I started Hi-Fi Rush the other day, which is not only a perfect palette cleanser, but also one cool ass video game.

I don't knoooowwww, literally just trying to figure it out.

Super tempting to carry on playing Reboot Camp, now I've hit 100% on the AW1 campaign; but I can't decide if I'll continue with War Room or move to the AW2 campaign. A niggling voice is telling me I should go back to Chained Echoes, though, and finish that before Zelda.

So for now I'm compromising by not playing any videogame and am instead concentrating on finishing the third Wheel of Time book. See what you made me do, Nintendo Switch OLED from the Nintendo Switch family of systems?
Started the Advance Wars 2 campaign

Tee hee

I'm going to watch my 3mbps internet struggle to download Jedi Survivor on my Xbox. Probably push forward with Ghostwire Tokyo as well. Four hours in so far and I'm really liking it. A few adjustments and it would pass for an SMT spin-off.

I'm absolutely enamored with the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC, I think I should be able to finish it this weekend. Aside from that, I've been plucking away at Doom 2 on my Series X and I've gotten farther than I ever have before (I was genuinely surprised to realize how little of the game I'd played before this run). Some of the levels are really obnoxious though, like the one I'm stuck on that requires platforming. In a game that doesn't have a jump button. 🫠

I'm absolutely enamored with the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC, I think I should be able to finish it this weekend. Aside from that, I've been plucking away at Doom 2 on my Series X and I've gotten farther than I ever have before (I was genuinely surprised to realize how little of the game I'd played before this run). Some of the levels are really obnoxious though, like the one I'm stuck on that requires platforming. In a game that doesn't have a jump button. 🫠
I love me some Doom but I definitely find II the toughest to go back to for that reason. Some truly wacky level design, and not necessarily the good sort of wacky

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Future Redeemed

And maybe a little more of that indie game Omega Strikers. It's actually more fun than I expected.

Congrats to your sis, Monster.

Playing:

iu

The best game to play at night for those cosy vibes. Reminded me how much I loved my DS once again.

iu

Loving it. Around 9 hours in.

iu

Just beating it now. Really fun gem.

iu

^On sale for like 85% off. Never played any of these before, amazing fighting games.

Yoooo you have Contact! That's a great little game

Heck yeah. Managed to get it for like a tenner off eBay a while back, it's shot up in price CIB though, I noticed. Definitely one I've wanted to play for a while just always never got around to. It's a weird little gem. I'm a fan of Moon: Remix RPG Adventure and Grasshopper so it's perfect to someone like me. I has the same "weird garbled speech" as in both Moon & Flower Sun & Rain too and Masafumi Takada's music is so easy to listen to..such good vibes.

Finished God of War (2018) this past week and worked my way up to the Platinum trophy as well. This made me re-visit a handful of games to get the Platinum trophies for them like Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Mass Effect 3. I wasn’t very far from the Platinum in any of those games.

Right now I’m doing a Hard play through of Final Fantasy 7R. Reached up to the start of Chapter 8 so far and I feel like I’m doing really well so far!

Almost forgot about the thread. Ok, i've been taking decisions this week, so my weekend is being very different than usual

Horizon: Zero Dawn
I've decided to go back to the PS4 (PS5 patched) version. It's an inherently inferior version, if anything, because you lose gyro aiming in the process, but it's the game running on its original hardware, and i'm a sucker for that.

I'll leave the PC version for a possible replay in the future.

I'm not losing too much progression btw. On PS4 i ignored certain sidequests and i'm two levels below, but in the main questline i'm exactly at the same point in both versions, so i'll be fine.

Gran Turismo 7
Yeah, this week it's not a side dish, but one of the main ones. Reason? The frigging world cup, wich i failed, so i'm planning to finish it (and, with it, the main 39 café menus) before thursday.

Normally i wouldn't rush it so much, but car selling is locked behind that 1h. long cup. Grrrrrrrr!

The Messenger
Walked in blind, thinking it was a neat little tribute to Ninja Gaiden, and before i realized i was hooked and reached the second part of the game, wich is INSANE.

I was planning on playing BotW this week, but got sidetracked. Not that i'm complaining, but sometimes i wonder if it's ok to be this inconsistent 🤣

Something just happened that made me laugh last summer as well: my kid, who is largely nonverbal, says “running” when they see me playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3 😂

It’s true! You do a shitload of running!

Let myself get sucked into Nier replicant, been doing advance wars as my evening game, do plan to start the Xenoblade dlc but maybe not till tomorrow

Metroid Prime if I get some time. It’s not really grabbed me so far but I wanna finish it before Zelda comes out.

I’m still making my way through Dragon Ball Z Kakarot on Switch, currently part way through the Marin Buu Saga so I’m hoping to have this wrapped up this week.

Almost forgot about the thread. Ok, i've been taking decisions this week, so my weekend is being very different than usual

Horizon: Zero Dawn
I've decided to go back to the PS4 (PS5 patched) version. It's an inherently inferior version, if anything, because you lose gyro aiming in the process, but it's the game running on its original hardware, and i'm a sucker for that.

I'll leave the PC version for a possible replay in the future.

I'm not losing too much progression btw. On PS4 i ignored certain sidequests and i'm two levels below, but in the main questline i'm exactly at the same point in both versions, so i'll be fine.

Gran Turismo 7
Yeah, this week it's not a side dish, but one of the main ones. Reason? The frigging world cup, wich i failed, so i'm planning to finish it (and, with it, the main 39 café menus) before thursday.

Normally i wouldn't rush it so much, but car selling is locked behind that 1h. long cup. Grrrrrrrr!

The Messenger
Walked in blind, thinking it was a neat little tribute to Ninja Gaiden, and before i realized i was hooked and reached the second part of the game, wich is INSANE.

I was planning on playing BotW this week, but got sidetracked. Not that i'm complaining, but sometimes i wonder if it's ok to be this inconsistent 🤣
yo wait a minute, we can sell cars in GT7 now? I need to fire that game back up.

Playing some TotK.
🤨

Got into a bit of Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe this weekend as well and, damn. Not only has it been fun to play the base game again, the new content is jaw-droppingly good. I was laughing out loud as much as I was glued to the screen this morning, really good stuff.

(If my timestamp doesn't work the sequence begins at 2:32:48)

I cannot stop playing Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon, even after accidentally getting the true ending while I was waiting for my wife to get off the phone.

Send help.

I finally finished Picross S: Sega Genesis and Master System Edition last week.

Naturally, this means more Picross. It is time for Picross S7. I wonder if I can finish all of the main Picross S games before the Switch successor comes out...

I actually started playing Control.

GOD THIS GAME MAKES ME ANXIOUS.

When I finished last night I needed a good half hour calm down. I could hear my boy’s audiobook playing and the voices in the distance were way too much like the oldest house for my liking.

Finally got the plat trophy for RE4 Remake on PS5. I really dislike this game, i did back in 2005 and now the remake. Frustrating enemies and levels, some will say even kind boring some. Im glad im done with it .

It's a rather unsettling game. Watch out for the motel sections. Those places are so damn quiet, and not in a good way.

I'm appreciating how stylistic and atmospheric it is though, has to be said.

Feels like a cocktail of X-Files & Lost, through the lens of Mass Effect 2/3's combat.

Back
Top Bottom